News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

Body fat calculator. You can also get your BMI and BMR on this website.

Flins.

Useful site Dorling, thanks for that. Says I have a body fat % of 23%, so that has to come down, BMI is normal though, which means I need to drop the fat and put the weight back on as muscle. My BMR is stating I need around 2500 calories a day to maintain my weight.

So, I'm going to aim for a daily intake of 2000 calories and the rest will be burned off. Will give it a go anyway. Then I'll have to look at putting the weight back on, think that'll be tougher that losing it, like Jack said.

I think with not working it screwed how I eat, and for the last couple of months I don't think I've been getting anywhere enough calories a day, and whatever I did eat was usually shite. Note to self, starving yourself till the evening and having one huge meal, not healthy.

Dorling

Yeah I found it useful. It calculated I have a body fat percentage of 20.8 but my BMI is a little high. Apparently I need a shade under 2000 calories per day.

Thanks for recommending the livestrong site Jack, has proved interesting reading already and I think will be a useful tool.

It's not excercise that's my issue a lot of the time, it's food!

Cory

Im 250.5lbs with a 11% body fat, which is way too high, I want to get it around 6-8.

My current diet I look to consume no more than 1300 calories a day, including 4 workouts (3 and a run), with 1 day of the week being considered my "cheat day".

Last spring I dropped 23lbs in 2 months on a 800 calorie a day diet, with some form of cardio everyday, but I was misrable and was cranky all the time because I couldnt eat what I wanted, so this year im raising my goal by 500 calories, and so far this week I've consumed 1150 (SUnday) and 1200(Monday) *rounded with a Chest/Back/Ab workout on Monday that burned 319 calories, so a net of 881.

Also, I'm looking in July to purchase a supplement called HCG which helped my girlfriends mom loose 34lbs in 40 days.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

and as far as "I want to put on weight but only muscle no fat" argument here is my personal experience.

In my Jr. year of highschool I was 190lbs give or take, I had a 7% body fat(I remember from a project we did in Biology) and I only worked out cardio and light weights to remain strong, but not to bulk up.

Come Sr. year our school gets a football team, and I know 190lbs won't cut it at the running back position which is what I wanted to play. I had a goal of 220lbs so that winter was the time I had to get ready for training camp in the spring.

Bascially in short, to gain muscle and lose weight can't really be done in the same time period. You should try and lose as much fat as possible and then work towards gaining muscle, as trying to do both at the same time isn't healthy. I suggest a 1000-1400 calorie a day diet with as little sugar/fats as possible, and cardio workouts (download a P90x torrent or something).

Then when it comes time to put on muscle, I cant stress enough how helpful supplements are. I put on at least 20lbs of muscle over that winter by doing workouts with weights (dumbbells/barbells/Plyometrics) 6 times a week. I took a pre-workout creatine supplement which helps you workout longer and get uhhh "less sore" during the workout and taking protien powders (helps muscle growth) after my workout.

Superpump250 + Myofusion Protein is a stack of pre-workout and protein that I used to great results, and both run at like $40-$60 and are well worth the price.

Flins.

Ah, nice one. Thanks man. Lot of stuff I can work with, I do have some supplements kicking about, but with the whole unemployment dealio I can't afford that sort of stuff. But hopefully with the time it takes to trim the fat I will of got a job, getting a job helps since my work is physically demanding, which is the main reason I have no idea what do now that i'm getting out of shape.

When you say a diet with little sugar, that count eating a shit load of fruit? Because that's practically all I eat besides breakfast and dinner.

Cory

Well those are natrual sugars, so you're good with those.

Stay away from pop/energy drinks, stuff like that.

Doug E Fresh

haven't drank pop in 11 years with the exception of rum and diet cokes lol

and i have my BMI and body fat % done at my gym

Flins.

Yeah, I saw that. Got it bookmarked for when I'm starting on the weight gain. The calorie counter is really useful.

I had my induction at a gym around the corner from me, the only good thing about being unemployed is that I get my membership much cheaper and i'm only tied down for three months. So I'll be doing that three times a week, swim one day a week and play some badders every Sunday, the occasional footie match when friends are free.

Weighed myself at the gym and I'm heavier than I thought I was, not much more though, about 7 pounds more than I thought. Will update at the end of next week.

Dorling

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on June 22, 2011, 09:15:43 AM
No problem, I'm in the same boat. My diet has always been terrible. I'm the classic guy who had a fast metabolism when I was younger, plus did sports so I could always get away with it before.

How is everyone else doing? Anyone settle into a daily routine yet?

I was exactly the same too, skinny as a rake when I was a teenager and then....university.

Got a fairly good routine going - jogging is something I can't do too much of (my injury is to the sacroiliac joint where my back joins my hip) as the impact causes a lot of issues the following day, so I alternate between going out on my bike (I aim for 20-30 miles per week) and using my trampoline - which, by the way, is awesome. Jogging on a mini trampoline is extremely good for burning calories and shedding fat, and the lack of impact makes it much more suitable for someone with a dodgy back like me.

Today it is raining like a mothertrucker, so I'll be on the trampoline when I get home from work.

T-Bonizzle

I don't have the motivation to do anything consistently.

Did spend some time at the pool yesterday though.

TheBritishVixen

I've been losing weight since the new year. 2 stone 1lb so far (29lbs for those who don't work in stones) by going to Slimming World and following their eating plan.

I also recently started going to a Zumba class on a thursday night. Considering I'm INCREDIBLY out of shape, I'm not doing too badly with it at all I don't think. I've done 4 classes now and I didn't get all the way through my first, but I can now make it all the way through a class without feeling like I'm going to collapse and die.

I get weighed again tuesday and I'm pretty sure I'll have gained 4-5lbs tho. I've basically had 2 weeks off the plan with having heavy social times with my mum and friends. But I can cope with a gain, because I can just do work for 2 weeks and lose it again.

Cory

I've kept my calorie diet up till last night, I had like 6 jager bombs at my buddies so the red bull energy drinks really fucked that up, followed by half a pizza and a blizzard from DQ, but I plan to workout today to at least try my best to break even.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: HarmonyFTW on June 25, 2011, 04:17:28 AM
I've been losing weight since the new year. 2 stone 1lb so far (29lbs for those who don't work in stones) by going to Slimming World and following their eating plan.

I also recently started going to a Zumba class on a thursday night. Considering I'm INCREDIBLY out of shape, I'm not doing too badly with it at all I don't think. I've done 4 classes now and I didn't get all the way through my first, but I can now make it all the way through a class without feeling like I'm going to collapse and die.

I get weighed again tuesday and I'm pretty sure I'll have gained 4-5lbs tho. I've basically had 2 weeks off the plan with having heavy social times with my mum and friends. But I can cope with a gain, because I can just do work for 2 weeks and lose it again.

My father in law to be uses slimming world and swears by it.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Flins.

Gah... in pain.

Small update.