News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Amare Stoudemire was fined $50,000 for tweeting a gay slur. Wow. Seems like the guy will never learn. First the fire extinguisher incident and now this.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Brandon Roy is going to be making a possible return to the  NBA. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

Quote from: JustinP on June 26, 2012, 02:17:49 PM
I'm sure I will get flack for this, but am I the only one who thinks Anthony Davis is not going to be as good as people think?  The guy is a good rebounder and defender, but his offensive game is very limited.  I don't see him being much better than Okafor, who they just traded.

I'm not just saying this because I'm an unapologetic UK homer. But I haven't seen a prospect like Davis in a very long time.

When he first came to UK, I looked at him and thought "Man, this guy's too thin, he's gonna get shoved around all over the place!". A player of similar build and game, Perry Stevenson, had just graduated and was mostly a disappointment over his career (after coming to UK under a bit of hype), and I thought we were in for another season of a super-thin post player getting pushed out from beneath the basket by girl scouts. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Not only does he hold his own down low, he does so without making mistakes. He can pressure and defend without fouling, same with his shot blocking. He can board without shoving a guy out of the way. And his offensive game isn't as limited as it seems. At UK, he didn't have to be the go-to guy, he had guys like Doron Lamb and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Darius Miller who were considered the scorers. But when they DID get it to him, he scored (62% FGs). But despite not taking a lot of the shots (just the fourth most, behind Lamb, Terrence Jones and Marquis Teague), he still led the team in points per game (14.2).

The guy plain doesn't make mistakes, even as a freshman. I can't remember the last time I saw a frosh on ANY team come in and play with a senior's skill and maturity from Day 1. I'm just glad I got to witness it firsthand.

/tangent

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on June 27, 2012, 07:55:32 AM
I'm not just saying this because I'm an unapologetic UK homer. But I haven't seen a prospect like Davis in a very long time.

When he first came to UK, I looked at him and thought "Man, this guy's too thin, he's gonna get shoved around all over the place!". A player of similar build and game, Perry Stevenson, had just graduated and was mostly a disappointment over his career (after coming to UK under a bit of hype), and I thought we were in for another season of a super-thin post player getting pushed out from beneath the basket by girl scouts. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Not only does he hold his own down low, he does so without making mistakes. He can pressure and defend without fouling, same with his shot blocking. He can board without shoving a guy out of the way. And his offensive game isn't as limited as it seems. At UK, he didn't have to be the go-to guy, he had guys like Doron Lamb and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Darius Miller who were considered the scorers. But when they DID get it to him, he scored (62% FGs). But despite not taking a lot of the shots (just the fourth most, behind Lamb, Terrence Jones and Marquis Teague), he still led the team in points per game (14.2).

The guy plain doesn't make mistakes, even as a freshman. I can't remember the last time I saw a frosh on ANY team come in and play with a senior's skill and maturity from Day 1. I'm just glad I got to witness it firsthand.

/tangent

Kevin Durant.

Justin

I live in Charlotte and am a Bobcats fan and I can say that I'm glad to see this trade happen.  Maggette didn't cut it.  I'm a fan of Ben Gordon from his days in Chicago and think he can get us 20 points a game that we so desparately need.

J-Reb

Maggette still serves a purpose in the NBA but he doesn't exactly help the Bobcats at this stage. Ben Gordon is a much better fit for them.

GM Franchise

Carmelo Anthony too. I think Pistons got the better part of the deal.

Justin

They gave up Gordon and a first round pick.  I don't see how Maggette will be able to better help their team.

GM Franchise

Justin

Melo has dropped 12 pounds so far this offseason.  He's got a rigorous workout plan that he is doing out in LA.

GM Franchise

Melo is going to be a monster next season.

Arkia Fisk

Deron Williams stay...God just MIGHT answer that prayer.

GENERAL MANAGER - ROSWELL ALIENS

GM Franchise

I hope he stays too. Been tweeting back and forth with the official Nets twitter account the past week. They are doing great with what they are doing PR wise.

J-Reb

Quote from: Arkia Fisk on June 27, 2012, 12:32:29 PM
Deron Williams stay...God just MIGHT answer that prayer.

No chance. He's going to Dallas and isn't going to think twice about it, IMO.

Justin

I don't understand the whole Dallas thing.  Is that where he's from?  I mean you have a great player in Dirk who in the next year or so will be on the decline and you have Jason Terry who is hoping to get a multi-year deal.  What else is there to lure him to Dallas?