News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Dragon Ball Z Abridged

Started by Stoner, March 24, 2013, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

So I don't know how many folks liked DBZ when it aired originally.  But DBZ Abridged is a (vastly) shortened version that also manages to be a parody of the series.  Goku is less the Superman of the series, and more like an idiot that happens to be in the right place at the right time.  Gohan, according to Piccolo, is a NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD and Nappa is about the funniest character I've ever seen in anything ever. 

Anywho, they've done everything up to the end of the Freeza Saga, including some of the movies, and they have recently started the Android Saga.  A new episode just aired this weekend, and it introduced Future Trunks. 

Team Fourstar Is the link to the main site of the group that makes the videos.  All of them are on the site so far as I know.

Team Fourstar's Youtube where all of the videos are, in order.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Strike

It's one of my favorite things on the Internet today.

The most recent episode had me in absolute fucking stitches from start to end...so well done.

Doug E Fresh

This series is fantastic. Everything from 'its 1006' to all the running gags like dodge. I just watched the newest one today and I was in tears.

Mr. Popo owns all.

So glad you started this thread. The entire world needs to know of abridged. Have you watched the movies they abridged also?

Stoner

I think the recent Bardok Abridged was one of the best things I've ever watched.  Especially how they made Lord Chilled(I think was his name) into a wrestler, and how all of the natives had names of rappers and sounded like Kermit the Frog was so fucking funny.

I think I'm going to end up watching the entire series from start to finish again some time soon.  I like the Abridged versions of some of the characters better than the actual versions of them.  They have more personality outside of "standard hero type" or "standard filler character" that many of the characters seemed to fall into around this time in the normal series.

Yamcha - "You really don't remember fighting me?"

Vegeta - "I only fought Kakarot.  Nappa fought all you other scrubs, except for the guy that was  killed by a Saibaman.  Oh wait...  AH HA HA HA HA HA"

I laughed SO hard at this point I nearly peed.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Doug E Fresh

"He must be made of something weak. Like paper mache...or Raditz!"

Strike

"The name's Recoome! It rhymes with doom! And you're gonna be hurtin' all...too...SOOOOOOOONAH!"

Doug E Fresh

Strike

Okay, prediction game for those who've seen the series and are caught up on it.

Who ends up being the iconic/hilarious character out of this saga?

We had Nappa during the Saiyan saga, Lord Guru during the Namek saga...so who steps up during the Cell saga to entertain us all beyond our wildest dreams?

Stoner

I think it'll be either Android 16 or Cell himself.  Or, obvious choice, Hercule.  Actually, probably Hercule.

Also, don't know if you guys watch the "Two Saiyans Play" series, but basically the guys that do the voices for Nappa and Vegeta play video games together and voice over AS Nappa and Vegeta, as if those two were playing the games together and not real people.  Anyway right now they are on Dead Space 3, and during the latest episode Vegeta makes a comment along the lines of "Do your best Daniel Bryan impression" to the on-screen character.  Thought that was awesome.

Doug E Fresh

I'm feeling it being Hercule. And yea, Two Saiyans play is fun. I enjoyed their Castle Crashers lol

J Vega

still need to finish season 2, is there a season 3?

Goldferg

They're about 3 episodes into season 3 at the moment. I originally typed 2, but then I remembered how they dealt with the whole 'Garlic Jnr. filler saga'.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Stoner

Episode 34 should be coming soon, they said something about it being in editing atm

Doug E Fresh

One of the guys said on twitter that one of their darkest jokes yet will be in this ep. Oooh!

Strike

Quote from: Stonerman on April 16, 2013, 01:50:32 PM
I think it'll be either Android 16 or Cell himself.  Or, obvious choice, Hercule.  Actually, probably Hercule.

Makes sense - I feel many "Mr. Satan" puns coming due to his name change in the English dub along with whatever else ensues. lol