News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Telltale's 'The Wolf Among Us'

Started by Goldferg, October 12, 2013, 05:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldferg

So I only found out about this todaY but as soon as I found out there was a Telltale game based on the Fables comic series I was all 'fucking sold' and bought it right away. Just finished episode 1 and really enjoyed it... and I want  episode 2 now damn it.

Anyone else played this? Or am I the only one.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Crazy Kyd

I haven't played it but I've read a lot about it. The fact that it is Telltale makes me want to play it at some point. I know nothing about the comic series though.

Marq

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on October 13, 2013, 02:25:10 AM
I haven't played it but I've read a lot about it. The fact that it is Telltale makes me want to play it at some point. I know nothing about the comic series though.

Think "Once Upon A Time" the TV show, but grittier. And y'know, almost almost ten years prior to the show. :)
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Marq on October 14, 2013, 12:26:09 PM
Think "Once Upon A Time" the TV show, but grittier. And y'know, almost almost ten years prior to the show. :)

haha. I'll check it out at some point.

Chris Stern

Episode 2 - Smoke and Mirror's Trailer:
The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2 - Smoke and Mirrors - Preview Trailer [HD]

got to admit it's(the game) looking damn good may have to pick it up with either my next or following pay check..

Goldferg

Yeah, Wolf Among Us is a pretty standard Telltale formula. You might actually enjoy it more than I have, assuming you haven't read the comic series this is based on and a prequel to (Fables), as my series knowledge did give me some spoilers such as...

[spoiler]There was no way that was Snow White's head at the end of Ep 1 as she's a main character in the comic[/spoiler]

It's a good game, but not as good as Walking Dead Season 1 (arguably their biggest game) and Tales from the Borderlands (Which benefits by not having to precisely fit into canon).
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Black Death

I love the game... well done .very fun
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Black Death

Glad, You enjoy it, I love playing a morally gray character. I am trying to do the right thing, but damn people will not let my past history go. and influence them on my motives. I am looking forward toward season 2 also

As for the walking dead game, you don't need to watch the show to play the game, it more of a side story with some ties to the tv series. But it stands on it own, quite frankly might be some of the best storytelling in the zombie genre today in my opinion. I recommend you play it. It going to get you in the feels, trust me.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Dorling

Oh yeah, Walking Dead will get you in the feels. Completed the most recent season a couple of months ago. I also got Tales from the Borderlands as a free PSN download and it's really fun - I've never played the Borderlands games but that didn't dent my enjoyment for it one bit.