News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NXT Spoilers/Updates/News

Started by Fnord, November 11, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reb

Seriously.  Give that guy some financial backing and let him smash the WWE. 

Mike Powers

Still bitter about him fucking up his big run as GM of Raw with a wellness violation.  Cutting to black during the main event?  Brilliant!

Fnord

December 18th, Episode #200:

[spoiler]* Sami Zayn and Tyson Kidd defeated Antonio Cesaro and Leo Kruger.

* NXT Women's Champion Paige defeated Sasha Banks with Summer Rae in a non-title match. Sasha accidentally kicked Summer while she was trying to provide distraction.

* The Ascension defeated The American Pitbulls (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) in a non-title match. After the match, Camacho and Hunico had a staredown with The Ascension.

* Howard Finkel came out to introduce the main event of NXT Champion Bo Dallas vs. Adrian Neville in a Lumberjack Match for the title. Bo won and retained his title after Tyler Breeze helped him avoid Neville's finisher.[/spoiler]

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

December 25th Episode:

[spoiler]* Lana and Alexander Rusev come out next. Kofi Kingston is out next to barely a reaction. Rusev dominated Kofi and got the easy win. Lana spoke in Russian after the match.

* Natalya vs. Emma in a #1 contenders match is next. Emma got the win and Natalya celebrated with her after the match. This was said to be a very good Divas match.

* There was a singing contest with Aiden English and Colin Cassaday. Cassaday sang "Danny Boy" and "My Girl" while Aiden sang his own songs. English attacked Cassady to end it.

* Tyler Breeze defeated Mason Ryan after Sylvester Lefort distracted Mason.

* Leo Kruger vs. Sami Zayn in a 2 of 3 Falls Match is up next. Zayn gets the first fall by pinfall and the second fall by submission.
[/spoiler]

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Fnord

January 1st Episode:

[spoiler]* Bayley with Natalya defeated Summer Rae with Sasha Banks in a quick match. This was described as another very good Divas match.

* Aiden English defeated Colin Cassady.

* Xavier Woods comes out for the next match but Director of Operations Kane interrupts. He congratulates Xavier on his RAW debut but is going to punish him for being part of the petition to bring Big Show back a few weeks ago. Kane brings out Alexander Rusev.

* Alexander Rusev with Lana defeated Xavier Woods.

* Kane watched the last match from ringside and ended up chokeslamming Sylvester Lefort in the ring.

* Tyson Kidd defeated Baron Corbin in a quick but good match.

* The Ascension vs. Hunico and Camacho in a tag team tornado match is up next. The Ascension get the non-title win.
[/spoiler]

Fnord

January 8th, 200th Episode:

[spoiler]* Adrian Neville defeated Tyler Breeze.

* CJ Parker defeated Jason Jordan.

* Bo Dallas defeated Mojo Rawley in a non-title match.

* Alexander Rusev defeated Kofi Kingston again. This may have been a re-tape for the December 25th episode.

* Antonio Cesaro defeated William Regal in what was called the match of the night. Cesaro hit an impressive Cesaro Swing on Regal.
[/spoiler]

Fnord

For what it's worth, Rob Feinstein of RF Video wrote a post on Facebook last night stating that WWE plans to keep Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards as a tag team and after a few months in NXT, officials would bring them to SmackDown as a tag team to see if they get over. Feinstein also noted that William Regal and Joey Styles had to push Triple H to give them another tryout. We noted earlier this week that Regal went to bat for the Ring of Honor stars and scored them another tryout.

Richards tweeted the following after their match at last night's NXT tapings:

"@ringofhonor our time may possibly be coming to end. In my heart I will always and proudly be an "ROH GUY". I'm forever in debt to you."

We noted that they wrestled as The American Pitbulls at last night's tapings. For those wondering, they both had new individual names also but our correspondent did not recall what they were.

Fnord

Source: The Tiger News

South Carolina college newspaper The Tiger News today published a recent interview with Curtis Axel. Axel, who was still Intercontinental Champion when the interview was conducted, was asked about which NXT talents have the potential to be headliners.

"I'm a big fan of Bo Dallas," Axel replied. "I know he's the NXT Champion right now, but I remember I was in developmental when he first got there, and he was 18 years old and a young kid running around, and now just watching how he's grown, it's amazing. He's a great wrestler. He knows what he's doing, and I look forward to him getting brought up in the near future.

"Other than that, there's this guy that I've been seeing. He's actually been working some of the live events with us. He's Sami Zayn. He's a high-flying kind of guy.Check out Wrestling Inc. It brings some different elements into the WWE, so we'll see. I think those two are two guys you should keep an eye on in the future to get brought up to the main stage."

Fnord

- We've been posting about how WWE NXT star Judas Devlin has been teasing that he will be a new member of The Wyatt Family. Devlin was backstage at Monday's RAW and is apparently in town for tonight's Survivor Series pay-per-view. He tweeted another teaser:

"Boston There is a 'buzz' in the air..."

Fnord

There is talk that WWE NXT star Leo Kruger debuted a new gimmick and name at a NXT live event last week.

Apparently he is now called Adam Rose. However, Kruger worked last Thursday's NXT tapings and will be appearing on the December 18th and December 25th episodes under his normal name. Kruger's Twitter hasn't been changed either so either there's nothing to it or he could be debuting the new gimmick after the December 25th episode airs.

Here is a photo of Kruger as Adam Rose:

Fnord

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Puerto Rican wrestler Sebastian Guerra, who is 21 and 6-foot-5 and 285 pounds, was at the same WWE tryout camp with Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Joey Ryan and others several weeks ago. WWE wanted Guerra to get more experience and learn better English so he's planning on going to OVW for more training and hopes to improve his English by living there.

Fnord

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Regarding Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards, apparently there were no issues with their most recent WWE tryout. They are scheduled to be back for the next set of NXT tapings in January but were not offered a contract yet.
NXT writer Ryan Ward is pushing for Triple H to sign them and it appeared they got good reactions from NXT trainers Billy Gunn and DeMott also.

WWE is allowing Richards and Edwards to finish their commitments to Ring of Honor on December 14th but do not want them working anymore dates for that company.

Fnord

- There's talk of bringing up more NXT stars to WWE's main roster after the first of next year. NXT Champion Bo Dallas and masked star Kalisto are expected to be called up.

jagilki

Chris Shields

Quote from: Fnord on December 03, 2013, 02:54:59 PM
- There's talk of bringing up more NXT stars to WWE's main roster after the first of next year. NXT Champion Bo Dallas and masked star Kalisto are expected to be called up.
What about Sami Zayn or Corey Graves or Adrian Neville or Aiden English or Tyler Breeze? All of those guys are more entertaining than Bo Dallas, both in the ring and on the mic, not to mention more polished, and they get a crowd reaction in NXT. I haven't seen much of Kalisto, but the little bit I have seen, I can't really see where he would fit right now.