News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NXT Spoilers/Updates/News

Started by Fnord, November 11, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

I thought Cien did more than his part to carry Roode.

Jon

Finished the show today.

Great show.

Opening match between Aries and NWJ was decent. I know some people are high on NWJ, but I just don't see it. Itami coming at the end to set-up a feud with Aries has been excited though.

Ember Moon debut was pretty good. She has a unique skill set that I think is pretty fun to watch.

Roode entrance was pretty good. Love his entrance music. The match though was really bleh. I have never seen Roode wrestle before and I did not leave this match impressed at all. And his finisher lacked in oomph. Cien I did like however and thoyught he was the only thing that made that match worth watching. Easily worst match of the card though.

Tag Match was my favorite match of the night. I just absolutely love what The Revival does as a team. And Gargano and Ciampa showed their potential star power. I hope we get a rematch at the next takeover.

Bayley/Asuka was pretty darn good. Only thing that restrained me from getting to into it is that I knew what the result was going to be with Bayley on her way to WWE main shows. And I didn't like the super Bayley part, but thats just me being picky.

Main Event was a nice slow build to a fantastic finish. Match had me on the edge of my seat a few times. Nakamura entrance was pretty bad ass too. I think Joe is on his was to Smackdown though.

All in all... does not beat the first Brooklyn, but this was a pretty solid show from beginning to end. 

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Black Death

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on August 21, 2016, 04:33:00 PM
I thought Cien did more than his part to carry Roode.

I agree right there.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Fnord

I finally watched NXT from this past week. Why was Aries randomly holding a half eaten banana when he interrupted Andrade Almas' interview?! I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Black Death

Quote from: Fnord on September 03, 2016, 01:16:38 PM
I finally watched NXT from this past week. Why was Aries randomly holding a half eaten banana when he interrupted Andrade Almas' interview?! I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD!

yes he was

Duckman

Aries is so great, has been for years.

Would love to see him be a part of the cruiserweight division on RAW when it kicks off.  He's got great superstar presence and he can work with so many different styles of opponent.  And he's so damn entertaining.

Get that man on the main roster!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Alex Smiley

NXT is making another trip trip to Cali Cali this October, and finally hitting Los Angeles as part of the tour!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-nxt-california-live-events-october-2016?sf35164882=1

QuoteThe tour begins on Wednesday, Oct. 26, in Fresno at Selland Arena, before heading to the Memorial Auditorium in the capitol city of Sacramento on Thursday, Oct. 27. NXT returns to San Jose for the first time since WrestleMania 31 Weekend on Friday, Oct. 28, at the San Jose State University Event Center. The tour continues on Saturday, Oct. 29, at the Bakersfield Theater.  NXT wraps up its invasion of the Golden State and goes Hollywood on Sunday, Oct. 30, at the Palladium on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles.

Don't miss your chance to see Superstars like NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, NXT Women's Champion Asuka, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and more!

Tickets for this huge tour will be available starting Friday, Sept. 9 at 10 a.m. PT. For complete information on these Live Events, visit nxttickets.com and find out how you can see the Superstars of NXT this October in California.

These tickets will probably be 100x harder to get than PWG's usually are, but I'm gonna try anyway. Wish me luck, lol.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Black Death

Asuka vs Mickie James  for the NXT Women's Title at Takeover : Toronto just announced ... I am so excited for this match.  I am happy to see Mickie James return.  Plus ,the Rematch of  Joe vs Nakamura going to be a great show. 

Fnord

- There has been a lot of interest in signing former Ring of Honor star Lio Rush for the WWE NXT brand, according to PWInsider. Rush recently finished up with ROH and was backstage for the post-WrestleMania 33 RAW in Orlando last week. Rush previously held the Maryland Championship Wrestling Tag Team Titles with current NXT Superstar Patrick Clark.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Drama Queen

Had the pleasure of seeing Rush against Paul London at a local event a few months ago, he's top class. I had no idea he was an ROH guy. I think he'd be a great fit for NXT.

Fnord

Ember Moon will not be able to compete at WWE NXT "Takeover: Chicago" later this month. Ember says she will be better than ever when she comes back.

The NXT Women's Title match at Takeover will now see champion Asuka defend against Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot in a Triple Threat.