Lucha Underground News/Rumors/Results

Started by Fnord, August 28, 2014, 12:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

Unless you know someone trying to go to a taping you better be quick with that email response when it goes online. I've been to a few tapings and they are way fun live.

Cory

Man....Matanza/Jeff Cobb is probably my favourite big man in wrestling today, unbelievable worker. I think maybe the issue with Matanza is he's supposed to be a heel and Cuerto is his manager....but Cuerto is like a tweener so it comes off weird....but as far as in ring work Matanza > Mil.

Season 3 was kinda meh in comparison but still obviously great....id just say maybe the weakest stretch of the 'series'.....then again you get to see Paul London as like some acid tripping bunny threeway thing and its pretty awesome.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Jack on August 25, 2017, 07:00:56 PM
Ultima Lucha is set up and seems to be a good show.

A little bummed at the Cueto Cup and the way Lucha has been going though. Most of the tournament seemed pretty obvious who would win and any of the matches that were interesting got so bogged down with interference or count outs that it made the tournament kind of a joke. Even matches like Meurtes vs Pentagon, which could have been an Ultima Lucha main event in my opinion, was watered down with backstage stuff and kind of tipped their cards at who was winning a week early. Also, I'm a fan of Puma but really felt like it was time for Pentagon to go over, the guy is by far the most popular person on the show.

Rey and Puma always feel a little forced at this point to me. Same with Dragon Azteca, but he loses enough that it doesn't bother me.

Still enjoying this show, just hope they get away from all the interference and bogus match outcomes quickly because it's starting to water down the matches quite a bit.

Anyone else on here still watching?

Still watching though disagree on Puma and Rey. Having been there live they ARE that popular. Pentagon too but he's not on the level of Rey Mysterio

ChrisShields

Still watching, still enjoying and really looking forward to Ultima Lucha Tres. Sadly though, it looks like that is going to be the last episode of the show. It was recorded over a year ago (June 2016), and they did that crazy 3 month break because they were trying to hopefully get something in place for a 4th season. The word is that they have been losing money at a staggering rate. I heard that they've lost as much in 2 years, as TNA has in 10.

ChrisShields

Quote from: Jack on September 13, 2017, 03:32:00 PM
I've heard they already started filming Season 4? Maybe I'm wrong though.

Excited to see Mundo vs Puma...though with it being career on the line, hard to not think it's Puma's way out of Lucha Underground to go somewhere else, which makes me sad.
I haven't seen anything about it, and with Mundo and Taya joining TNA, Richochet's comments about "douchebags in an underground fight club", the debacle with Sexy Star, Pentagon and Fenix using different names and doing a lot more indy bookings, I have my doubts.

ChrisShields

I hope that they continue, but I have serious doubts. Every report says that they are losing money at an alarming rate. The network they're on is a bit obscure, and they've had trouble finding sponsors. Plus, it's been so damn long since last season ended. That break for 3 months, was a network decision because they were trying to figure out how to keep things going.