News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Lucha Underground News/Rumors/Results

Started by Fnord, August 28, 2014, 12:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

huh women get to wrestle men. I wasn't expecting that.

Fnord

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- The AAA & El Rey Lucha Underground promotion will resume tapings on January 17th, 18th, 24th and 25th in Boyle Heights, Los Angeles. These plans aren't confirmed yet but the idea is to do a Saturday and Sunday taping every other week or every other few weeks from now through April.

- Lucha Underground continues to have negotiations with several talents. We noted last week that top indie tag team The Young Bucks tweeted about an "insulting" offer they received from the promotion. LU officials weren't happy with the tweet but they are still trying to sign the duo.

Willie Mack and former TNA Knockout Sarita (Sarah Stock) are also in talks with the promotion. It appears Guam Olympic wrestler Jeff Cobb will also be starting on the next season. Cobb had a WWE tryout in 2014 but was not signed. He reportedly did the best in his tryout camp and was phenomenal in every athletic drill but the age factor was working against him as he's in his 30's and most of the amateur wrestlers that WWE has signed have been bigger than Cobb.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Duckman

Their show this week was really good.  One match for the Title and it made the Title seem SO important.

This show is always fun, although Matt Striker is really starting to grate with me as a commentator.  This sounds funny coming from someone like me, but he's just too smarky.  I get the fact that he's trying to appeal to that crowd, but when he's not going on about 'insider' terms and making up stories about stuff, he's actually a half decent play by play guy.  If he could tone the smark down and be a little bit less fanboyish, he's really help this product.

Still, the show is a lot of fun and looks different from anything else in wrestling.  It won't change your life but it's a fun 45 minutes.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Fnord

Lucha Underground Presents: Vampiro interviews Prince Puma and Konnan

Above is an exclusive clip for tonight's new episode of Lucha Underground. In the video, Vampiro interviews Prince Puma and Konnan about being the first "Lucha Underground" champion.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

jagilki

Whooooo Hooooo

El Rey is now on Dish (channel 253), so I now get this.  This and getting AXS TV for NJPW makes me happy.

Fnord

Lucha Underground 2/11/15: Alberto El PatrĂ³n Speaks His Mind

- Above is Alberto El Patron's promo from this past week's episode of Lucha Underground.

- Vince Russo will be heading to Los Angeles next week and will be hosting a Q&A with Lucha Underground ring announcer Melissa Santos. He will also be attending the Lucha Underground TV tapings. I had heard that Russo was going to be meeting with Lucha Underground, however a source at Lucha Underground denied it and said that he is simply covering the show for his website and will be conducting interviews.

Dave Meltzer noted in The Wrestling Observer that Russo is in talks with Lucha Underground and that Executive Producer Eric Van Wagenen was pushing to hire Russo. Van Wagenen denied the report on his Twitter, writing, "The Observer article is wrong. Although I appreciate Mr. Russo's support of @LuchaElRey, I have never met, spoken, or corresponded with VR."

- The Observer also reported that former WWE star Shawn Daivari worked the last set of television tapings and started an angle with El Texano Jr.

Chris Stern

Quote from: jagilki on January 30, 2015, 07:56:48 AM
Whooooo Hooooo

El Rey is now on Dish (channel 253), so I now get this.  This and getting AXS TV for NJPW makes me happy.

Yeah it's also on Dish's online/streaming device app Sling tv for those of us without cable or dish.

Cory

Just saw a few highlights, looks kinda cool. I dont get the channel, but luckily they post a 2min highlight recap of every show so that will do just fine. Just saw that roided up dude (not big zeke) and thought oh great....same shit different day, The Cage guy, then saw this...

Top 50 Moves of Brian Cage

How isnt this guy in WWE? Has the vince look, did the grind through the indys that marks will appreciate and can flat out wrestle. Sean o'haire 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

Yeah, Lucha has some talent down there and not even just talking about the Mexican luchadores!

Fnord

By making Rey Mysterio the face of AAA and Lucha Underground, officials there are hoping that Mysterio's popularity with the Mexican-American community, as well as in Mexico, is strong enough that his name can help both brands get a better TV presence.

Rey is expected to be pushed as Lucha Underground's top star beginning with their next set of tapings on March 21st.

There's been a feeling within WWE that the longer Rey was kept off WWE TV, the less it would mean when he debuted with a new promotion.

Midas

Quote from: Fnord on March 05, 2015, 02:00:47 PM

By making Rey Mysterio the face of AAA and Lucha Underground, officials there are hoping that Mysterio's popularity with the Mexican-American community, as well as in Mexico, is strong enough that his name can help both brands get a better TV presence.

Rey is expected to be pushed as Lucha Underground's top star beginning with their next set of tapings on March 21st.

There's been a feeling within WWE that the longer Rey was kept off WWE TV, the less it would mean when he debuted with a new promotion.

Best 7th round pick I ever made lol

Fnord

While Rey Mysterio is still expected to debut with Lucha Underground at their next set of tapings this weekend, the deal was not finalized as of this week.

Mysterio is looking to wrestle limited dates because of his knee problems. Rey's feeling is that he can wrestle for three or four more years if he picks & chooses his dates but if he works a regular schedule, he likely won't have much time left in the ring. Most of Rey's wrestling bookings will be for either AAA in Mexico or Lucha Underground.

On a related note, Rey has been pitched the idea of having his own merchandise line separate from any wrestling company. The products would be aimed at Latinos and kids.

Fnord

- Lucha Underground officials are interested in bringing former TNA X Division wrestler Sonjay Dutt in.

- While it hasn't been officially announced yet, people at Lucha Underground are under the impression that a second season has already been ordered by The El Rey Network. Tapings resume this weekend and they have tapings ordered past episode 39 as the first season was to include 39 episodes. Another sign of a second season is that El Rey recently released promotional materials for network growth and pushed Lucha Underground as a flagship program.

Krazy

The only reason is they just crowned Trios champions and that tourney hasn't happened yet.

Fnord

- Lucha Underground officials are really starting to crack down on fans bringing mobile devices into their tapings because of the feeling that they are sending out news and spoilers.

- Former WWE and TNA star Shawn Daivari is now using the name DelAvar Daivari in Lucha Underground.

- Former stars JTG and Shad Gaspard of Cryme Time were at the recent Lucha Underground tapings looking for work.