News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Holy Crap Batman!

Started by Krazy, September 22, 2014, 09:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazy

Just watch the pliot episode "Gotham" and its amazing! We got to see [spoiler]Penguin, Posion Ivy, The Joker, and Catwomen[/spoiler] This show is going to have many seasons because of the origins of many of the heroes and villains. Also, Alfred is a freaking badass!

Gravedigger

[spoiler]The Joker? Are you assuming that the man who killed his parents is him? That wasn't always the case. That was Burton's thing. And you forgot The Riddler was on tonight....[/spoiler]

Gravedigger

[spoiler]Or was your thinking that The Joker was the comedian in Fish's club?[/spoiler]

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

jagilki

if the show doesn't get the ratings it doesn't matter how many stories it has to tell.

Tezmission Black

Kirk

I'm going to assume that it's cancelled already and then wait to see if it gets another series before I invest any time in it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Chris Shields

I personally enjoyed the episode and I think they did some damn good stuff to build on. You got to see 4 iconic villains before they became villains, they established that Gordon is the good guy cop, and Jada Pinkett Smith was damn good as the evil bitch. Overall, it was a solid introduction episode, and I think it can last for a little bit, provided they have more than just the backstories or origins for Batman and his villains. This really should be more about Jim Gordon and him trying to clean up Gotham and the police department, with Batman stuff tied in.

Krazy

Quote from: Gravedigger on September 23, 2014, 12:14:03 AM
[spoiler]Or was your thinking that The Joker was the comedian in Fish's club?[/spoiler]

Yes, I think that is him and the wife even said is that [spoiler]The Joker he doesn't have the chemical burns yet. He looks normal. The other theory is Red Hood debuts soon.[/spoiler]

Fnord

I'm gonna watch it shortly. Hella-excited.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

¿PapaPancho?

It sure does lack subtelty though ... I'm waiting and seeing after the 1st episode.

Kirk

Despite my hatred for what Fox does to all of my favourite shows, I watched the first episode. I agree with Pancho. As with Agents of Shield, they could have been a lot more ambitious with this and made something great. They chose the easy option instead. I like it, but it's not exactly must watch TV like The Shield/The Wire/True Crime and it really could have been.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Mike Powers

Don't knock Shield for its slow start....it laid groundwork for a tremendous 2nd half of the season. Especially the post Cap 2 eps.

Kirk

Bill Paxton was great in it and all of the episodes with his character were worth watching.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

! JDM The Professional !

The penguin seems like the best character by far. Gordons wife is terrible.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs