News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Holy Crap Batman!

Started by Krazy, September 22, 2014, 09:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazy

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on September 25, 2014, 07:07:19 AM
The penguin seems like the best character by far. Gordons wife is terrible.

What I can tell she suppose to be a terrible human being. [spoiler]This is Gordon's first wife his current wife in the Nolan series is his 2nd[/spoiler]

T-Bonizzle

I dunno about this series. The pilot seemed to just want to cram every Batman reference the writer's could think of in lieu of storytelling. Catwoman happens to witness the Wayne murders? Riddler happens to work for Gordon? Penguin happens to serve the crimelord that has favor with the GCPD? Ivy's father happens to be the guy who gets framed?

Admittedly I don't know if any of this is canon or not, but still it's just hard to suspend my disbelief with the way they are cramming cameos and such.

Black Death

Quote from: T-Brother on September 25, 2014, 08:24:45 PM
I dunno about this series. The pilot seemed to just want to cram every Batman reference the writer's could think of in lieu of storytelling. Catwoman happens to witness the Wayne murders? Riddler happens to work for Gordon? Penguin happens to serve the crimelord that has favor with the GCPD? Ivy's father happens to be the guy who gets framed?

Admittedly I don't know if any of this is canon or not, but still it's just hard to suspend my disbelief with the way they are cramming cameos and such.

It not canon... honest not sold on this ... being I just want to see batman beat the shit out of bad guys.  I am not going to be seeing that for long time. plus I know the origins of the villains , it been told before . 

maybe I don't like it because deep down I always felt Batman came before the Villains.  His rise to stop the underworld is the catalyst to the birth of his Rouges Gallery 

in the end I would love it been more like Batman year one... I would tune in every week to see  a live action batman
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Domingo

It's Jim Gordon year one.

I don't believe this series is ever going to have Batman in it, and if that is what people are waiting for they are going to be disappointed.

Every advertisement for this show has talked about this being a show about stuff that happened before Batman, as Gordon rose in the ranks as a detective. Riddler doesn't work for Gordon, Edward Nygma is a medical examiner with a panache for speaking in riddles that gets on other peoples nerves.

I enjoyed the show, but probably because I watched it expecting it not to be a super hero show. It's a police procedural, with comic book flavor.

Kirk

Quote from: Domingo on September 26, 2014, 02:03:31 AM
It's Jim Gordon year one.

I don't believe this series is ever going to have Batman in it, and if that is what people are waiting for they are going to be disappointed.

Every advertisement for this show has talked about this being a show about stuff that happened before Batman, as Gordon rose in the ranks as a detective. Riddler doesn't work for Gordon, Edward Nygma is a medical examiner with a panache for speaking in riddles that gets on other peoples nerves.

I enjoyed the show, but probably because I watched it expecting it not to be a super hero show. It's a police procedural, with comic book flavor.

It's a police procedural without any police procedure. It's a spot fest with cameos and fights instead of any actual investigation, tension or story. Hopefully it improves quickly from here.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Black Death

The show is built on the premise that you care about what was happening in Gotham before Batman hit the scene...I will be honest I don't care that much about what Gotham was before the Batman era begun.   I have feeling it not going to have enough solid story to hold the viewers , because in the end it about Jim Gordon and not Batman. yes the cameos are fun... in the end that going to get old pretty quick.

don't get me wrong love Jim Gordon as a character,  but not enough to carry a whole series.   

Krazy

If I remember right the Wayne's murder takes years before they figure it out. I do like the nior feel to it. The origin of Jim Gordon is an untapped story. Everyone knows how Bruce becomes Batman. The other stories of Alfred becoming a father figure to Bruce, Gordon moving through the ranks, Bullock losing his rank and becoming a bitter man, and how the mob lost control of Gotham are the key points here.

Black Death

Quote from: Krazy on September 26, 2014, 12:15:13 PM
If I remember right the Wayne's murder takes years before they figure it out. I do like the nior feel to it. The origin of Jim Gordon is an untapped story. Everyone knows how Bruce becomes Batman. The other stories of Alfred becoming a father figure to Bruce, Gordon moving through the ranks, Bullock losing his rank and becoming a bitter man, and how the mob lost control of Gotham are the key points here.

Thought it was done better in year one... but I can see where your coming from...thing is Krazy you might be in the minority of viewers here ....meaning I don't think there enough of you watching to keep the ratings at what FOX wants ... because they are fucking FOX and there going to dump it at the first sign of trouble

they fucking always do that

Krazy

Quote from: Black Death on September 26, 2014, 12:52:35 PM
Thought it was done better in year one... but I can see where your coming from...thing is Krazy you might be in the minority of viewers here ....meaning I don't think there enough of you watching to keep the ratings at what FOX wants ... because they are fucking FOX and there going to dump it at the first sign of trouble

I am drawing from the comics if I remember the guy get away with it until Bruce as Batman finds him and deals punishment.

Black Death

it been re-done over years ... with every new re-boot of the DC Verse  but believe the most popular one was Joe Chill was the man that did it ...

Mike Powers

Quote from: Black Death on September 26, 2014, 12:52:35 PM

Someone is still bitter about Almost Human.

Kirk

Quote from: Mike Powers on September 26, 2014, 10:44:17 PM
Someone is still bitter about Almost Human.

I know I am... bastards.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Black Death

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Kirk on September 26, 2014, 02:54:43 AM
It's a police procedural without any police procedure. It's a spot fest with cameos and fights instead of any actual investigation, tension or story. Hopefully it improves quickly from here.

The truth though is that Jim Gordon HAS to fail in his attempt to clean up the city.  It doesn't get clean till Batman shows and EVEN then there will always be dirty cops.

The worst part for me was the Bruce Alfred relationship.  In the first episode we have to show that he is trying to conquer fear?  That couldn't be a build to a child becoming a man faster than he should?

That's what happens when you try to build a super hero show without a super hero.  It should be more Law and Order style with Gordon getting screwed by the corrupt entities.   It should be him dealing with those structures that become shackles when fighting against the corrupt.

But it won't.  But I'll watch.  But I'll be quick to abandon as well.

Kirk

In essence, they had a good idea but seem to have rushed and wasted it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img