News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

THE THREAD WHERE OOC STUFF GOES

Started by Hondo, November 17, 2014, 01:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Hello! I know I probably need no introduction, but the name's Michael PS Hayes. When I'm not busy punking out unwitting visitors to Badstreet USA, or recording Grammy-caliber albums, I'm offering up insight on the WWE Creative Team. Well, I was anyway...

Upset with the ongoing condition of WWE Creative, Vince decided to fire every single member of the creative team and replace them with with fresh-faced new talent! After begging and crying uncontrollably, Vince found it in his heart to keep me on as an advisor for the new hires. I have no creative say, however. Which is a shame, since I have an idea for a drunk wrestling monkey...

Anyway, back on point. It's my job to offer you general advice on your tasks for the week. I can answer some fairly basic questions for you, but for the most part you're on your own. After reporting your ideas, Vince will let us know which idea he likes best. It's important to make a good impression on Vince, even if he doesn't ultimately choose your idea. It could get you to the very top of the Creative Team!

But be forewarned. There are a lot of outside influences on Vince's ideas. It's not uncommon for someone to whisper in Vince's ear and change his mind about things. If this happens, you may have to revise your entire plan! So be prepared at all times!

Your first task will come shortly, so be ready! And feel free to introduce yourselves to your fellow creative team members!

QuoteOFFICIAL RULES & GUIDELINES

1. After the deadline, each scenario will be put to a public vote. You CAN NOT vote for yourself. The top three vote getters will accrue points. (1st place gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 1) At the end of a "season", person with the most points wins.

2. You can ask general questions to the moderator if you feel not enough information was given in the scenario. These questions should be asked in the game thread, so that others can see the answer as well. (eg. "What color hair does the guy have?" "Is the wrestler suffering from any injuries?"). Whatever helps you be more creative.

3. Refrain from speaking directly to one another in the game thread. Conversation is fine in the OOC Thread. Additionally, smack talk is perfectly fine. But no direct or personal attacks will be tolerated.

4. Sometimes, a scenario may change during gameplay. Should that happen, you are allowed to edit your post. This is the ONLY time that editing a post will be allowed. And even then, the edit must be done in the form of an addition to the post. No information is to be modified or deleted to the body of a post once it's posted. It is also recommended that you check the game thread regularly, even if you've already posted your scenario, in the event a change happens.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Mike Powers

Will we be voting on the scenarios blindly (ie, not knowing which idea came from which person)? If not, I think we should.

Stoner

I didn't know Stoner was an adviser for Vinnie Mac![/kayfabe]

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

J-Reb

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 17, 2014, 02:44:02 PM
Will we be voting on the scenarios blindly (ie, not knowing which idea came from which person)? If not, I think we should.

It would be almost impossible because wouldn't we be interacting in our team threads?

Mike Powers

Hondo

There really aren't team threads, per se.

How I see it going for the beta test, there's one thread where questions are asked and booking plans are posted. Imagine you're in a big conference room and everyone's throwing ideas around.

We'll know for sure if things need to be tweaked by seeing how things go. But  for the most part, we're here to have fun and play a little armchair booker.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Mike Powers

My reasoning was, where we're keeping score people may choose to vote strategically (ie in their best interests in the standings) as opposed to what was the best idea/scenario. If we send them directly to you, and you post them, then we'd be strictly voting on the merits of the booking.

Just my $.02.

Hondo

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 17, 2014, 07:29:18 PM
My reasoning was, where we're keeping score people may choose to vote strategically (ie in their best interests in the standings) as opposed to what was the best idea/scenario. If we send them directly to you, and you post them, then we'd be strictly voting on the merits of the booking.

Just my $.02.

I get the point.

We may try it both ways while we're in beta, see what works out the best.

Which brings me to my next point. Since the response so far has been pretty strong, I may post the first scenario tomorrow. People are still free to keep signing up, but we'll go ahead and let the rest of you get started.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 17, 2014, 07:29:18 PM

Just my $.02.
I actually like the idea of sending them directly to Hondo. Keeps people from voting with any kind of bias or say voting for a person who has gotten a lot less points, to keep someone who's close to them from winning that week.

Krazy

Having booking teams would create some interesting views and make some fun talk. I do like the voting via PM.

T-Bonizzle

We could let Hondo test it the way he wants to first before deciding on changes?

Hondo

I'm thinking we'll try it both ways before we go live. Actually put it to the test.

The first one we'll do in one thread. The one after that, we'll do PMs or emails. See which works better.

¿PapaPancho?

5 minutes into a game about wrestling and we are already talking about politicking ....

Jennifer

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Goldferg

I know that I personally can't wait to take those hungry young lions Triple H, John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton & Triple H and FINALLY book them as strongly and prominently as they deserve, rather than the absysmal non-pushes they've been recieving so far
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.