News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

THE THREAD WHERE OOC STUFF GOES

Started by Hondo, November 17, 2014, 01:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

First scenario is up. Have at it, folks.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Duckman

Hondo, when I get home tonight I'll set up a sub board for this game - like Fnord has for FWL.

I'm not sure if you can edit or remove topics - if not, let me know and I'll set that up for you too...or probably ask Judge to do it because I never can!

It'll make it easier to update things and keep track of the game.

Cheers,
Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

T-Bonizzle

No lie Duckman, that was pretty much what I was thinking about.

Goldferg

Quote from: T-Brother on November 18, 2014, 02:34:10 PM

Me also. I have some slightly different ideas but a LOT of it is the same
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Hondo

This could be a good reason to go to a blind system. Since ideas can be somewhat similar, it may discourage others from following through with their own.

But for now, carry on.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

T-Bonizzle

Well I look at it this way, if multiple people have the same idea, it's not unique.

Hondo

Not necessarily.

I mean, you can have the same basic premise, sure. But the details can be a bit different. Using one talent instead of the next could make all the difference. Take for instance Sam's scenario. Sam had Alicia Fox be the manager for his wrestler, and they had a mini-feud with Ryder and Slater. So if Stoner came up with a plan where Layla managed a wrestler and they feuded with Los Matadores, it could mean a world of difference. Then you've got two different plans with two different dynamics. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses.

We will find out for sure which is better after the next scenario, when we do the blind entries. Whichever seems to work better and more smoothly is most likely what we'll go with from here on out.

Duckman

That's the good thing about doing this trial run, can work out all the kinks and get it going nice and smoothly in the future.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Hondo

I'd like to set this up to a schedule, if we can swing it.

I'd like to post scenarios on Mondays. Questions and sending in booking plans on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We'd do voting on Fridays and Saturdays, with winners for the week announced Sundays.

Also, this week's scenario was a little bit long, I know. Some won't be nearly as intensive as the one we just did, so don't worry about having to write really long plans. Just be mindful of the game thread for any swerves that may occur.

Black Death

Quote from: T-Brother on November 18, 2014, 02:34:10 PM

^^^^

had similar idea also ... will try to get something up this weekend
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Stoner

So.  I asked about it before and got my answer.  But if you look at Gravedigger's scenario, it basically goes completely against the answer I had gotten before.  So now I'm confused.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

jagilki

I'm not part of the game, but I typed up my solution to making this guy a heel in the SB.

15:17   <jagilki>: my plan to make him a huge heel
15:17   <jagilki>: step 1 Cena is getting beat down
15:17   <jagilki>: step 2 he saves Cena
15:17   <jagilki>: step 3 he tells rock Cena is the greatest wrestler ever
15:17   <Namira>: LOL
15:17   <jagilki>: step 4 he injures rock
15:18   <jagilki>: step 5 AJ Lee is stripping in the ring
15:18   <jagilki>: step 6 he covers her up with a tarp
15:18   <jagilki>: somewhere he wins number one contendership to title
15:18   <jagilki>: he defeats brock
15:19   <jagilki>: he GIVES the title to Cena calling him his biggest hero.

The TeeJ of Philly

Every time I get an idea, I see someone has a similar one to it and my brain goes "NOPE! CHANGE OF PLANS! WE MUST BE ORIGINAL!" even in the preseason. Ironing out the idea I have now, I'll get my idea up tomorrow.

Chris Shields

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on November 20, 2014, 09:14:00 PM
Every time I get an idea, I see someone has a similar one to it and my brain goes "NOPE! CHANGE OF PLANS! WE MUST BE ORIGINAL!" even in the preseason. Ironing out the idea I have now, I'll get my idea up tomorrow.
It's difficult with a scenario like this. There is only so many things you can do with a monster heel who's limited in the ring and bad on the mic. I think all of the scenarios are going to end up having a little bit in common, but that's to be expected. This was a good one to see who certain people would choose to put in the roles of jobbers or managers/partners.

Krazy

Does every one mind my writing like a script?

That is the only way I know how to do these bookings. Even when I was applying to be a booker in one indy fed they wanted me to do it that way. By the way,  I am going to try to get back into the indies.