News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

THE THREAD WHERE OOC STUFF GOES

Started by Hondo, November 17, 2014, 01:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Write however you like, Krazy. There's no limit on how much or how little you write. Just bear in mind that I'm not judging these at all, your fellow competitors are. Keep it interesting for the reader.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Hondo

Wanted to throw out there as well, these are some really great booking plans so far. Kinda makes me wish Jon Tees/Stephanie McMahon were still here to steal them and book em for real.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Tritch

I will just note that I'm not reading any of these until after I write and post mine. So if anything is overlapped, that is why. But I figure, especially from reading this thread, I'd rather not hinder my creativity. Guess we'll see if it pays off.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Hondo

Quote from: Tritch on November 21, 2014, 11:43:10 AM
I will just note that I'm not reading any of these until after I write and post mine. So if anything is overlapped, that is why. But I figure, especially from reading this thread, I'd rather not hinder my creativity. Guess we'll see if it pays off.

Understand.

The farther we go, the more it seems like a blind submission may be the best thing. We'll try it next time and see if it's better.

The TeeJ of Philly

I think a blind submission topic for each week that only Hondo posts in with each submission as a post. Followed by a poll topic with each post link as a voting option where we can discuss. It's extra topic but it's organized and you could make each submission truly blind by just posting the idea with no ones name attached and we vote purely on the idea and not based on the issue that powers brought up.

Tritch

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Hondo

Haven't looked to see who is done and who isn't, but I think we'll wrap up by this evening and start voting tomorrow.

Duckman

Sounds good man.  This has been fun and a good way of working out any issues etc before we 'go live.'

Looking forward to seeing how the voting goes and how the game progresses.

Cheers,
Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

BamBamBunglow

I must admit I'm liking this game more and more - I give neither hoot nor holler if I win or not, I just like the premise of the game and the differences in the bookings. This scenario took me three days to get the cogs whirring, can't wait to see what the next one is.

Hondo

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm having fun coming up with scenarios and reading all these booking plans. (Yes, even Krazy's.)

Also, since we're winding down with the first scenario, I'd love to get some feedback/criticism on the way things are going, if any changes need to be made or anything you'd like to see in the future.

One huge question I have for you guys, was that first scenario too much work? I mean, did it seem somewhat burdensome to do five weeks of TV? Would you rather have shorter scenarios? etc.

Goldferg

might be an idea to trial a shorter one first before we answer that. I did have some trouble with this one, but that was more due to conceptual stuff for weeks 1 & 2 as i knew what i wanted as the endgame, but not how to begin
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Hondo

The next one is shorter for sure. I won't give anything away, but it should be a little less work.

We'll still probably do some longer, in-depth bookings plans on occasion, I just wonder how frequently we'd use such plans.

BamBamBunglow

I'd save the longer one for holidays - EG Christmas time/new year - give us 2 weeks instead of one and come up with a full month inc. ppv, or something akin. We'll still all get it done on the last day, fantically and with much cursing, but it'll mean a bit more thinking time to plan out some cool arcs :)

Tritch

I don't see what kind of scenarios would work with less than a month. I've probably just got tunnel vision and am not thinking of something fairly obvious. But I have no qualms with full month scenarios, I don't think it'd be that much extra work. Didn't seem like it from the first scenario at least.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Krazy

I like having a one month booking. Granted my booking made zero sense and was mocking current booking. I am ready to make amazing program.