News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Taking Over the Book - Pre-Season Scenario 2

Started by Hondo, November 26, 2014, 06:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

SCENARIO 2 – AN OFFER HE CAN'T REFUSE

As you may have heard, TNA has been having a bit of money trouble. And with their move away from Spike and their imminent debut on Destination America, it probably won't be getting better anytime soon. In order to get some payroll off the books and a bit of a cash influx, Bob Carter has made Vince a proposal. He will allow Vince to purchase ANY SINGLE TNA contract, free and clear, for a 500% markup. Carter will also waive any no-compete clause in place, so said worker can debut immediately.

Vince has decided to take Carter up on the offer, not that he necessarily values anyone on the TNA roster, but in an effort to swerve the fans. Vince wants to shock the audience to get more people to watch Raw. If random people just show up unannounced, then you have to tune in every week, right?

Since Vince doesn't particularly care about most of the TNA talent, the decision on WHO to purchase is up to you. The person will not be going to NXT at all, and will be unveiled on the next Raw as a surprise. The surprise itself is the main idea, the booking plan is superfluous. You're more than welcome to book four weeks' worth of television and a PPV appearance if you want (and may curry favor from Vince), but is unnecessary. Also, it may not hurt to try to convince Vince why this person would benefit the WWE in a greater capacity.

ALL QUESTIONS CAN BE ASKED IN THIS THREAD. HOWEVER, ALL BOOKING PLANS NEED TO BE SENT AS A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO ME. BOOKING PLANS WILL BE POSTED AFTER THE DEADLINE AND PUT TO A VOTE.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

BamBamBunglow

Oooo, I like it.

OK, just to get this straight in my head - this is real-time booking isn't it? As in, said person would debut next week (december 1st), no "Road to wrestlemania" fantasy booking?

How much does the wellness policy play in, Vince? Wink wink, or not wink wink?

Hondo

Quote from: Bungle on November 26, 2014, 07:09:44 AM
Oooo, I like it.

OK, just to get this straight in my head - this is real-time booking isn't it? As in, said person would debut next week (december 1st), no "Road to wrestlemania" fantasy booking?
(OOC: We're playing with an imaginary calendar, really. We could say "book four weeks of shows", and IRL there's one week til the PPV. For these scenarios, always assume that we're talking directly after a PPV has ended, unless otherwise noted)

How much does the wellness policy play in, Vince? Wink wink, or not wink wink?
Vince barely even knows any of the TNA talent, even the ones that worked for him for years. So I'd say the Wellness Policy won't really be a factor here.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

BamBamBunglow

Faaaantastic. And finally from me - are they brought in solo, or are we allowed to bring in other people as mouth pieces/partners/yadda yadda.

Hondo

Quote from: Bungle on November 26, 2014, 07:21:46 AM
Faaaantastic. And finally from me - are they brought in solo, or are we allowed to bring in other people as mouth pieces/partners/yadda yadda.
The agreement from Bob is that Vince can only buy one TNA contract. If said person were to have a mouthpiece, it would have to be a current WWE employee.

Goldferg

So we can't bring in a tag team then (does TNA even have those any more) - HAS to be a singles guy?
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Hondo

Quote from: Goldferg on November 26, 2014, 08:28:47 AM
So we can't bring in a tag team then (does TNA even have those any more) - HAS to be a singles guy?
Only one contract can be purchased. Carter won't sell us two, I'm surprised he's even offering the one. There's no rule that says you can't break a tag team up and bring in one of them, though.

Tritch

Hmm. So many choices. Is Vince more interested in having another big name face or big name heel?

Does he want to push this person into the title picture, or would he rather keep them mingling in the midcard for coming from TNA?

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Hondo

Quote from: Tritch on November 26, 2014, 09:15:33 AM
Hmm. So many choices. Is Vince more interested in having another big name face or big name heel?
He couldn't care less. Literally. In Vince's mind, TNA is a backyard trampoline indy fed, and he doesn't even know who's on their roster. As stated, it may be a good idea to try to convince Vince that this could be more of an asset than he realizes.

Does he want to push this person into the title picture, or would he rather keep them mingling in the midcard for coming from TNA?
As I said, Vince is only bringing this person in for the surprise element and not much else. (Think Haku/Meng during the twilight of the Monday Night Wars). If you want to book him into some sort of title picture, that's up to you to try to convince him to do it.

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Tritch

I realize he doesn't care about who we bring in, I was more interested in what he wants brought in. As in, is the roster in more need of a Face or Heel? If it still doesn't matter that's fine, just wanted to jump-start my planning on the guy's repackaging.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Hondo

Krazy

Is this a 30 day booking plan or 2 week plan?

Mike Powers

Can we maybe have more time? The holiday and all..... :D

Hondo

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 27, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
Can we maybe have more time? The holiday and all..... :D
(OOC: lol, I meant MONDAY @ 8:00 EST. Sorry fellas.)