News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Dirt Sheets

Started by Mike Powers, January 06, 2015, 10:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Each week, I'll provide the latest news and rumors on everything TCW!

Mike Powers

TEAM COMBAT WRESTLING NAMES NEW COMMISSIONER!

Big news today out of TCW Headquarters, as Mike Powers was named the first ever TCW Commissioner by the Board of Directors.  Commissioner Powers was unavailable for comment, but the rumor is that he plans on ruling things "fairly, but firmly".  More information as it comes in! 

Credit - The Masked SuperStar

Mike Powers

SHOOT CLUB STRIKES IT RICH IN THE LOTTERY!!

The first ever Team Combat Wrestling draft lottery was held today, and The Shoot Club came out on top!  Team Owner Scott Davis was quoted as saying "I couldn't be happier that we have the first pick in the draft.  As an owner with very high expectations of his club, and of his President, this gives us the leg up that we need to succeed here in the inaugural season".  The second pick falls to the Devils camp, where rumors about of strange behavior during the interview process abound.  They are followed by the Rebels, Rockets and the Premiere Fight Club, rounding out the top 5.

The unlucky final spot in the draft is filled by the Union Jacks, who will also have the 1st pick in the 2nd round, due to the 'snake' format of the draft. 

The Shoot Club
The Devils
The Rebels
The Rockets
The Premiere Fight Club
The Shark Tank
The Militia
The Wildcats
The Rebellion
The Union Jacks

Mike Powers

PORTER DECLARES FOR TCW DRAFT!!

Not much is known about the man known simply as 'Porter'.  What is known is that he is the brother in law of Devils Head Trainer Brad Matthews.  Rumor has it, President Vega ordered Assistant Trainer Wainwright to evaluate the mans raw potential, in regards to beginning a career in the squared circle!  When the big man bit, he entered the TCW draft!  Rumor has it that he will ONLY sign with the Devils, but that is unconfirmed at the moment.  More as the story develops....

Mike Powers

TCW DRAFT PROSPECTS UNVEILED!

A "who's who" list of names in the wrestling world has been released, as the prospects for the first ever TCW entry draft has been made public!  Many well known names, as well as some lesser known bodies have all thrown their collective hats into the ring.  Rumor has it that Commissioner Powers will soon release the information to the clubs regarding the proper scouting procedure.  More as it develops....

Mike Powers

SCOUTING PROCEDURE REVEALED!

Big news today out of TCW Headquarters, as Commissioner Mike Powers released details concerning the scouting process.  "We here at Team Combat Wrestling are very excited heading into our first draft", he was quoted as saying.  "The league will provide each team with a certain number of unbiased scouting reports, free of charge.  The number of scouting reports you receive, is directly related to the market size of the cities that the clubs have set up shop in.  Large market teams will receive 8 scouting reports, mid market teams will receive 9, while small market teams will receive 10".

In addition, Mr. Powers stated that each club may spend money out of their own PR/Scouting budget in order to do more scouting.  These reports however will not be "unbiased" as provided by the league, but your own Assistant Trainer will provide these.  The quality of these reports is said to be directly tied to the Assistants abilities to do his, or her, job.

Teams can submit their scouting at any time!  More as this story develops.... 

Mike Powers

JAMES HOLLIS NAMED PROMOTER OF THE CWA!!

James Hollis, world renowned promoter, has just been appointed as the head of the Continental Wrestling Association.  Hollis, who has decades of promoting experience, was hoping for a job with the upstart TCW, but was shocked when his phone didn't even ring! Hollis was quoted as saying "I can't believe that not a single one of those Presidents had the brains to even call me! I decided to just go back to my wrestling roots....their "team wrestling" concept will flop anyway!"

Rumor has it that Hollis will target top TCW prospects, offering them big money deals to join his territory. More as the story develops....

Mike Powers

JACOB STANCE BECOMES FREE AGENT!

Big news coming out of the TCW Draft!  2nd round draft pick Jacob Stance and The Rebellion were unable to come to terms on a contract, making Jacob a free agent!  Rumor has it that James Hollis of the Continental Wrestling Association will be making a heavy play for Jacob's services, but Super Agent Benjamin Lancaster will happily listen to any and all offers.

More as this story develops.... 

Mike Powers

ARE THE REBELLION MAKING A PLAY FOR STANCE?!?

The big rumor for the day comes out of Miami.  A source placed deep inside the Rebellion organization states that President Justin is making a back channel overture to repair relations between himself and Benjamin Lancaster!  My source states that Justin is trying hard to repair bridges between the two camps, and bring Stance to Miami!  Neither Justin, nor Lancaster would comment on this story.  James Hollis of the CWA was quoted as saying "if it's a bidding war they want, it's a bidding war they'll get!" 

Mike Powers

STANCE-GATE COMES TO AN UNBELIEVABLE CONCLUSION!!

When negotiations between Jacob Stance's camp and President Justin broke down, nobody thought that Jacob would end up as a member of the Rebellion.  But that is exactly how it played out!  Despite reported offers from James Hollis of the CWA, The Shark Tank, Rebels, and a large monetary offer from The Union Jacks, Jacob and his agent Benjamin Lancaster have decided to sign with the Rebellion!  Reported terms of the deal are 3 years at $7 million, with $2 million PR and $500,000 signing bonus. 

A source within the Stance camp states that Jacob, while flattered with the offers from other stables, wished to remain with the club that showed the initiative to draft him originally.  Also, Benjamin Lancaster was overjoyed at the prospect of "getting over" at the expense of President Justin.

Mike Powers

CWA SIGNS SPURNED TALENT!!!

Many top level wrestling talents were shocked today, when the inaugural TCW Draft concluded without their phones ringing!  Continental Wrestling's James Hollis was quick on the draw though, signing many of the brightest stars before any TCW Presidents could realize their mistake!  The top signings have to be Gerry Nichols (who was touted as a Top 3 selection), and Onyx (who was projected to go in the Top 10).

"Some of these men have been Champions before.  Top draws in their respective territories.  I don't know what is going on over at TCW, but if that is an indication at how they plan on doing business.....well, let's just say that things will be rough for them", Hollis was quoted as saying.

"It's very disconcerting", Nichols was quoted as saying.  "I've never been shown this amount of disrespect before in my life."

A full list of the talent who signed with the CWA:

Gerry Nichols

Onyx

The Canuck

Fury

Menace

Henry King

Lunatic

Jarrod Easter

Jerome Collins

Alvin Ramirez

Sam Yates

John Chau

Jose Alvarez

Jason Moore

Judas

Frenzy

Kelly Sanders

Belle Tatum

Leigha Lambert

Zuzu

Amber

Mike Powers

MARKET MADNESS!!

President Justin has stepped in it again!!  After tense negotiations with the Rafa Faafili camp, President Justin thought he had finally nabbed his man.  However, when Rafa's Agent saw that the contract was in the name of "Rafa Fragile", all hell broke loose!!  The Samoan veteran took extreme exception to the perceived slight, and demanded a trade!  Not one to lose out on his man, President Justin did what he does best.....opened up his checkbook!

After a record $10 million/$4.5 PR/$500K signing bonus contract was signed for the 8th round draft pick, pandemonium ensued across the TCW landscape, as Agents began to renegotiate deals for their, suddenly much more valuable 1st and 2nd round selections!  Surely President Justin has made few friends tonight.

In an odd footnote, President Bone of the Rockets was seemingly immune to the issues, as he and his stable are already sequestered in training camp.  It remains to be seen what will happen upon their re-emergence to the world.

Mike Powers

DUKE BARNES ABANDONS TCW!!

The fallout from President Justin's contract adventures continues, this time landing at the Shark Tank's doorstep!  My sources say, Agent Emilio Ruiz contacted President Midas about renegotiating Duke's contract, to put it more in line with the rest of the league.  The two parties were not able to reach an agreement, and Duke has walked out of TCW entirely, and right into James Hollis' arms!

"These boys have no idea what they're doing!", Hollis exclaimed.  "I hope they keep doing what they're doing, because my roster is the best in all of wrestling right now!".

Questions linger as to what will happen when Doug Manning's agent reaches out for a renegotiation, as is expected.  More as the story develops....

Mike Powers

TROUBLE IN SEATTLE?

On the heels of President Rob Hollands of the Union Jacks making another costly error, my sources say that Sir Charles Winslow III, owner of the club, is none too happy at this turn of events.  Rumor has it that Sir Charles nearly choked on his fish and chips at the news.

Reportedly Sir Charles has boarded his private jet and is on the way to Seattle so that the two men can sit down in the near future to sort out what went wrong, and what the future entails in Seattle.

Mike Powers

HE LOVES THE NIGHT LIFE?

After a close loss to Jackson Cage, most people would imagine that Sam Barton would double up his efforts in the ring, in the gym, etc.  Turns out, less than an hour after his heartbreaking loss, Barton was spotted at a high end strip club in Houston!  My correspondent didn't get to have a word with him, as Sam and his entourage quickly disappeared into a private room.  Rumor has it that this isn't the only time he has been clubbing this week, as various social media sites have reported Sam visiting the local nightlife all week long.