News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The OOC Thread

Started by Mike Powers, January 06, 2015, 10:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

I am interested in joining... However I have zero knowledge of how FBL works so I am a little lost here... Should I just keep a eye out and follow others lead and wing it?

Fnord

Quote from: Midas on February 26, 2015, 02:20:46 PM
I am interested in joining... However I have zero knowledge of how FBL works so I am a little lost here... Should I just keep a eye out and follow others lead and wing it?

That's what I was gonna say!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

T-Bonizzle

Go into a thread that you want to apply for a job for, and tell them so. when Powers responds he's responding as that character. It's up to you to respond to everything pretty much. We're playing roles. In this case Powers is assuming the role of Game master and does all the NPCs, you as the player assume the role of a club president and make decisions. I mean you can quickly skim over some FBL threads, but what Rob, Prancy, Stoner, and I have done is pretty much what is expected in this format of game.

Midas

Quote from: T-Lover on February 26, 2015, 02:26:00 PM
Go into a thread that you want to apply for a job for, and tell them so. when Powers responds he's responding as that character. It's up to you to respond to everything pretty much. We're playing roles. In this case Powers is assuming the role of Game master and does all the NPCs, you as the player assume the role of a club president and make decisions. I mean you can quickly skim over some FBL threads, but what Rob, Prancy, Stoner, and I have done is pretty much what is expected in this format of game.

Thanks bud

Midas

Do we respect boundaries and not apply for a club if someone else has?

Justin

Hmmm...there are only ten clubs so I would say go for it. Looks as though Powers is doing an interview process so the owner might like you better.

T-Bonizzle

So far we're respecting boundaries, but there are still two clubs unanswered, so certainly you can get first crack at something.

Mike Powers

It's an iterview process. Feel free to pop into any thread. The owners have things that they're looking for, some obvious, some not. So even if it looks like someone has a job locked up, feel free to apply.

Glad to see new blood interested! Ask any and all questions, I and other vets of this style of game are willing to help.

Also as an FYI, I'm heading into work. If I have downtime here, I'll try to update threads. So if it's staggered oddly throughout the night, that's why.

And Fnord....I'll get my FWL pick in soon!

Midas

So could or should we apply for different clubs?

Fnord

hahaha, I was gonna say that about your pick!  >:( So it's just posting and posting more? I don't need any actual skill to do this?

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mike Powers

@Midas - Feel free to apply for any club you want, regardless of if anyone is already there.  The hiring process is NOT first come, first hired.  It is an interview, and I am prepared to speak to multiple people at the same time in the threads.

@Fnord - At it's core you are basically managing personalities.  Each character in the TCW universe has an individual personality, and it is up to you to work with them to reach their maximum potential.  You don't need to have any special skills or knowledge to play. 

Mike Powers

Also, I highly recommend reading the "How TCW Works" thread, even for guys with FBL experience.  Although the game is structured similarly, there are new wrinkles in there.  If something is left out, or vague, or just plain doesn't make sense, feel free to ask for clarification!

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/boards/index.php?topic=20893.0

T-Bonizzle

'the kind of monster that encourages drunks to drink gasoline till they DIE" #Prancy

GM Franchise

Quote from: T-Lover on February 26, 2015, 04:10:30 PM
'the kind of monster that encourages drunks to drink gasoline till they DIE" #Prancy

I do what I do.  8)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Tritch

I don't think I ever realized just how absurd my old ewrestling story was until right now...

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015