News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Shoot Club (Houston)

Started by Mike Powers, January 06, 2015, 11:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Well Pancakes, that's all for Question and Answer time.  It's been real.....interesting meeting with you.  If there's anything else you want to say before you leave, now's the time to do it.  I've got other candidates to speak with.  If you want to talk to other clubs, that's cool.  Just steer clear of the Devils.  They're nuts over there.

Strike

Mr. Davis, it's nice to make your acquaintance. My name's Chris Strike. You strike me - pun not intended - as the kind of guy who doesn't take any bullshit, so I'll spin it to you quick. I've been a pro wrestler for fourteen years and have more than 20 titles to my name and a pretty damn good track record in the process. I'm Brazilian born, American raised and I sure as hell know the hard work that it takes to make it to the top of an industry, what it takes to stay there, what it takes to promote oneself as a must-see attraction and really, I do believe that I can succeed with the high expectations and standards that you hold yourself and your team to, Mr. Davis.

...I believe the floor is yours for any questions you may have for me.

Midas

Well Scott first thing I am going to do is get on the horn and get a top notch staff together to make sure we go into this draft 100% ready to get what we need to make a huge splash from the get go. There is a couple trainers and Docs I am keeping a eye on and they will basically help my compile the list of people we need to focus on during the draft...

At that point we go out there and talk to these guys! You and I are on the same page right now and time wasters are just going to piss us off and leave us frustrated and we don't need guys like that on our squad taking up space for true winners!

We prepare... We prepare... We prepare... Then when we think we are all done preparing well then we get off our ass and prepare some more because when the season starts I want these other teams knowing that they fucked up royally by thinking they can actually compete in OUR league!

Stoner

No problem.  Let me know when you're ready to hire me.  In the mean time I'm going to go get some of that Stuffed French Toast from IHOP. 

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Mike Powers

Mr. Strike, it is nice to meet you.  You have an impressive resume, that much is for sure.  Tell me, over all those years, and all those Championship wins, how many men did you injure to get to the top?  How many men never laced the boots up again after stepping into the ring with you?

Midas, you're obviously well prepared for this interview.  You have a clear direction, and a plan to get there.  I like that.  My last question is, where would you want to place our camp, should you be hired?

I'd expect nothing less Pancakes.  I'll be in touch. 

Strike

More than what I can count on my fingers, Mr. Davis. I'm not particularly the type of person who will deliberately hurt somebody for shits and giggles, but when it's come to somebody standing between me and the top of the mountain, I have had no problems whatsoever with adding a little extra malice to every move I execute inside and out of the squared circle. But there was a time where a certain man pushed the wrong buttons, sent me in a rage that he shouldn't have...and so, I broke his neck. He's never been inside of a squared circle since. I've bloodied men, broken bones, buried people alive...hell, I took a railroad spike to the face a man that I hate with every fiber of my being multiple times to pay off a debt from when he tore my ACL the year before it.

My point is...I've seen my fair share of wars and I have no problem with taking down anybody put in between us and the mountain we want to climb here in TCW.

Midas

You know what Scott growing up in Chicago I remember playing in little league baseball and I remember at the start of every year there would be a draft... Not a draft for players mind you since it was by district but it was a draft for which district would be the Yankees. See we took current MLB team names and uniforms and used them and every district wanted to be the Yankees... We lived in Chicago and still kids wanted to be a Yankee! You know in all the years I played baseball I never once played against the the Royals... You know why? Because no one gave two shits about the Royals! Everyone wanted to be a winner and winners came from New York...

We set up our camp in New York! It will cost more and my friends back home in Chicago might never forgive me but screw them!

Mike Powers

Mr. Strike the one thing that stands out about your story is the part about how you 'went into a rage'.  Would you say that you lost control in that situation?  Your tenacity and aggressiveness are assets, but only to the point where they blind you.  When I was fighting in the underground clubs, I can safely say that I was in control of my emotions the entire time.  How else could I ensure that I'd be the man walking out?

If you were to be named President of the Shoot Club, what would be your plan of attack?  Are you okay working in a high pressure enviornment?  As is well known about me....I'm a winner.  I expect immediate results, regardless of who I hire.  Is that something you can live with?

Alright Midas, that is all the questions that I have.  I will tell you that I was impressed with your interview thusfar, and you've made the short list for sure.  If you have anything else to say before you leave, now is the time.  Otherwise, I'll be in touch when a decision is made.  Just do me one favor?  If you're interviewing anywhere else, stay away from the Devils.  They're absolutely batty over there. 

Strike

No loss of control. Over the years, one of the greater lessons I've learned has been to channel that particular emotion in the right direction, to do so with full control over one's senses. The man in question had been somebody who disrespected my country and my family for months along with tearing my ACL, so it was a matter of showing him that rage but still being in full control of what I was doing to make sure he would never cross that line again. Like you said, Mr. Davis...you can't ensure yourself as the sole survivor in any situation unless you have your wits about you.

I am more comfortable in high pressure situations on the basis that it forces you to adapt, to out think any opponent put in front of you and to achieve success under said high pressure is one of the greater rewards you can achieve. It's something I'm more than willing to take on should you hire me. As for a plan of attack, my idea would be to study up on who is out there and who would be the best fits to come into this club and make an impact right off the bat. To bring in people who can put in the work that's required of them to excel at their craft, to bring in different styles of wrestling to attack certain points - while I may be personally a wrestler that specialized in a hybrid of technical wrestling and the strong style they use in Japan, I have no problems with bringing in a powerhouse if he can keep his stamina and wits about him or a high-flier who's able to get the job done without letting their emotions or ego get in the way of what we're striving to achieve.

Given I walked in just as you were finishing up with the last guy, I did catch a certain bit about a location for the Shoot Club camp...and personally? I'd bring it right over to Denver. Not a big city like New York or Los Angeles but it's still got quite a lot of things around it, which would allow our guys to focus on their training first and foremost and still not feel like they're in the middle of nowhere. Most importantly, compared to other training locations, we would be training a mile above sea level. The air in the Mile High City is thinner and if this team can train their asses off here and become stronger, faster and excel at what they do...they can run circles around their competition without so much as breaking a sweat. We can even push it further during training camp by using a part of it to go out west to the mountains at higher elevations to train even further if needed be.

Whatever we can do to get this club ready to get the job done and get you the results you seek.

Mike Powers

You've given me a great deal to think about.  I will admit to being impressed with your idea for utilizing the altitude in Denver as a tactic in training.  It shows focus, and attention to detail.  You're on the short list Mr. Strike, that's for sure.  If you have anything else to say, the floor is again yours.  Otherwise, we'll be in touch.  And as I tell all the applicants, I don't mind if you look elsewhere, just stay away from the Devils.  That Reeves guy is no good.

Strike

I appreciate the friendly advice on the Devils altogether, Mr. Davis. If I'm the one you choose to go with, you'll know where to reach to me. Thanks for your time.

Mike Powers

Midas

No nothing else... Thanks for your time and thanks for the advice on the Devils.

Gravedigger

If you don't mind, Mr. Davis, I'd like to throw my hat into the proverbial ring here at the Shoot Club...

My name is Gravedigger. Well, that's my name from my wrestling days. If you prefer to use my birth name it's John.

I think I'm made for your team. Like you I was an underground fighter. I didn't make a fortune at it like you, though. My fights were more the brutal fashion where the paydays are small. You win so you can pay for a cheap motel room and a meal. But I attained more financial success as a pro wrestler for CRW. It's why I fit your program. I have the hunger you do from the fight days, yet I also bring a background in the wrestling business.

Even though my name and appearance are that of a showman, I'm more grounded than that... Hungry and motivated to build a winning club above all else.

I look forward to speaking to you about this job opportunity and the future direction of the club...

Mike Powers

We'll be in touch Mr Midas.

Ahh, a fellow compatriot of the undeground fight game.  It is most definitely a pleasure to meet you Digger.  Cheap payouts for a room and a hot meal.  I remember those days distinctly.  Tell me about your biggest victory, and your bitterest of defeats.  I'd love to hear all about it.