News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Rebels (Oakland)

Started by Mike Powers, January 06, 2015, 11:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Yo, I'm Baxter.  I'm in charge of these Rebels.  My old man died a few years ago, and guess what?  He left me all his dough!  It's kept me in booze and broads for a good while.  Now, I get to see some fights!!  Who's gonna build this squad for me?

I'm Angel.  I handle shit for Baxter.  I guess that means, if you get hired, I'll handle shit for you too.  Don't be a prick.

Tritch

Hey Bax, mind if I call you Bax? My name is Rex Evans, I had a pretty healthy career as a professional wrestler a couple of years ago, capturing a couple of World titles and accolades. I have a mind for this business, and a mind for business in general. I think I'm on par with what you guys stand for from what I've gathered so far, and I think I'd be the perfect person to take over your squad.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Mike Powers

Yo, my friends call me Bax, so why don't you go ahead! Rex Evans huh.....I think I've heard of you. But to be honest, I've been stinking drunk for like 2 or 3 years now, so my memory ain't what it used to be. Shit that reminds me, where are my manners......

BAXTER TAKE A HEALTHY PULL FROM A BOTTLE OF JACK DANIELS BEFORE SLIDING IT ACROSS THE TABLE TO YOU.

Have a drink, and tell me why you think you're the 'perfect person' to lead my Rebels.

Tritch

REX CLEARS HIS THROAT, LOOKING AT THE BOTTLE UNCOMFORTABLY

Well Bax, when I was in the ring I didn't play by the rules. I ran fast and hard, I drank a lot of alcohol, spent a lot of time behind bars, and beat the shit out of a lot of people who probably didn't deserve it. I was a renegade, a rebel. And while I do think I have the perfect mindset to make your club succeed, I haven't had a drop of liquor in two years. So if that's a prerequisite, I'll go ahead and move on, because I don't want to jeopardize the relationship I have with my son and his mother.

But if you want to put that aside and take a look at my history instead, look at my wrestling mind rather than my personal life, then I think you'll see that I'm still a rebel at heart. But I completely understand if you can't look past it.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Mike Powers

Yo, lemme shoot straight wit ya Rex. Drinkin' ain't exactly a prerequisite....although I would like to share a slug or two with the President of my Club.....one thing you said worries me though. You said you 'were' a renegade. You 'were' a rebel. Past tense. I'm not looking for someone who USED to be one of us. I'm looking for someone who IS one of us, booze or not.

Fnord

Excuse me, asshat. I'm looking to work for someone obnoxious and rough. What are the chances we get along?

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Tritch

Perhaps you misunderstood. When I said "I was a renegade, a rebel" I was simply referring to how I was while I was working in the business. That was not to say I am not that way anymore. Once a renegade, always a renegade. I simply kicked the bottle.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

GM Franchise

GM FRANCHISE WALKS IN WITH A HALF FULL BOTTLE OF BUD LIGHT AND CHUGS DOWN THE REST BEFORE THROWING THE BOTTLE AWAY

So when are we hitting up the bar for tequila shots? I want to raise some hell tonight and watch a few bar room brawls in the process.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Listen here, shit for brains....I think the likelihood is high!  Tell me about yourself, and what makes you a Rebel, Mr....?

So Rex, you're a Rebel without a bottle.  I can respect that, but I think I need a little convincing.  Tell me a story....a RECENT story....about some hell that you've raised.  And it better not be fiction, otherwise this bottle of JD won't be goin' in your belly, but upside your head!

Bud Light?  Tequila shots?  Who let this pussy in here?  Who the fuck are you anyway, and why do you drink such pansy shit?

Tritch

Well I haven't told anybody else this, trying to keep my personal life personal after it was so public for so long, so hopefully you can respect my boundaries and not leak this to the press.

About a year ago my little brother Tommy, who was making a name for himself in Vegas growing and selling things that aren't exactly legal, attracted the wrong kind of attention and was kidnapped. It took me a couple of months to track them down, but I found a mansion hidden in the Mojave desert where the people headquartered their own business and were holding him. I'd prefer to keep most of the details murky so as to not incriminate myself, but there was a lot of skull bashing, blood and broken laws. Needless to say my brother is safe and sound, recovering somewhere I'd rather not say considering he's also wanted by the law.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Fnord

Not many people know my name cause I usually punch them in the face first. But you? I see you've taken a punch or two, so I'll take it easy. My name is Fnord. No mister needed. I'm here to bust skulls and you look like you need someone to do that.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mike Powers

That is one helluva kickass story Rex!  THAT is the outlaw way!  The REBEL way!  You'll have to tell me more one day over a bottle of Jim Bea......umm.....spring water?  Or something?

*ahem*

So Rex, tell me how you'll make the Rebels the most feared band of misfits in the entire wrestling world?

So, you're the punch first, ask questions later kinda guy eh?  THAT'S MY KINDA PARTY!!  Hey Fnord, share a drink with me, and tell me why you're the man to be the President of this club!

BAXTER SLIDES THE BOTTLE OF JACK DANIELS ACROSS THE TABLE TO FNORD

Tritch

I'm going to establish this club in a city that is known to be full of rebels in order to attract the right kind of people, then build this team with individuals like-minded to us. Their style doesn't matter; high-flying, brawling, grappling, etc. As long as they also aren't afraid to get a little bloody and break a few rules.

Once we assemble that team I'm going to give them a clear mission statement. I'm going to give them a cause to fight for that will make it seem like not getting their hands on that championship would be the end of their hopes and dreams. I'm going to ignite the revolution, and we will run rampant on the entirety of the TCW. No one will stand in our way, because they'll know how devastating that would be for them.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Mike Powers

Alright Rex, that about covers it for my questions.  You've given me a lot to think about.  On the one hand, you don't exactly fit the mold of what I was looking for.  On the other hand, I haven't decided if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  Is there anything else you want to tell me before we finish up here?

Also, I know that there are 9 other clubs out there, all looking for their Prez.  Don't even THINK about talkin' to any of the other ones until I get back in touch with you, you understand?  We straight here Rex?

Tritch

I will admit that I glanced at some of the other clubs, but I wouldn't go beyond that after seeing them. None of the other clubs could handle my gameplan here. They're too caught up with rules and image, with the exception for one but I don't feel like selling my soul.

I understand that interviewing other candidates is a requirement, so I can't ask you to show me the same respect you've asked of me. Just know that hiring anyone else would be a mistake. You don't have to drink liquor to fuck shit up. Trust me, I know.

Have a good day Bax, I'll be out back smoking while I wait for your call. And no, I'm not leaving.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013