News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Rockets (Boston)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 12:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Hi, my name is Felicia Knight.  My father got me interested in wrestling when I was just a little girl.  Now that I've made money in the real estate market, I'm using it to make him proud, and bring him a Championship!  Don't think because I'm a girl, that I don't know my stuff.  People've been underestimating me my entire life, and I thrive on it.

I'm Dave Franklin.  I used to date Felicia for a while, but we decided to just be friends.  Anyway, she got me this job, so that was nice.  Lemme know if you need something, I guess.

T-Bonizzle

Thad Bone here, to apply for this job. I have some...credentials that have been e-mailed to the appropriate sources. As a guy who's been a wrestling fan for a long time and even tried his hand at it at some point, I'm the guy for this job here.

Mike Powers

Hello Mr. Bone, pleasure to meet you. A man with confidential sources....so mysterious! Anyway, please tell me how you'd make my club a winning club. What sort of style are you partial to? Aerial? Technical? Brawling?

T-Bonizzle

I like those smaller, faster technical fighters. Guys who can sink in a deep submission but also kick you in the face. Guys who can run a 4.4 and also beat someone down. Today's fans want a fast paced and hard hitting style of wrestler. Guys (and gals) who know what they are doing in the ring.

Mike Powers

So, you'd prefer to use smaller guys. Guys who would traditionally be overlooked, and underestimated in the ring. If hired, where would you look to set up our base camp? A large market city, mid market, or small market?

T-Bonizzle

A mid market city. A city like that is more intimate, allowing us to better connect with the people, while still being large enough to draw significant support. I wouldn't want our team to be distracted by the lure of a big city either.

Fnord

Hey there, pretty lady. My name is Fnord and I'm throwing my hat in the ring, so to speak, here. I've been known to go a little to the X-TREME if you get my meaning. I'd love to be a candidate to run the show around here.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mike Powers

Mr. Bone, you have interviewed very well.  Is there anything else you wish to impress upon me, any last words to leave me with while I interview other candidates?

Pretty lady?  X-TREME?  I'm not sure who you're used to talking to Fnord, but it certainly isn't a lady that built herself up from nothing.  It also certainly isn't someone that has the ability to hire you, because that was probably the worst first impression you could have left with me.

I'll give you a second chance though.  Wow me, or Dave can show you the door.

T-Bonizzle

We're cut from the same cloth so to speak. I am the guy for this job, I'm not applying anywhere else. Let's show the rest of TCW together, which team flies highest.

*Bone drops a smokebomb, and disappears*

Fnord

I would not mean to offend a beauty such as you, it would equate to stomping on a rose deep into the mud. I only mention that you beauty fits in well with your obvious power and intimidation. As you can see by my look alone I always give the worst first impression. But I've always been an outside-of-the-box thinker knowing that you should never judge a book by it's cover. You see, I get positive results. Though some of my tactics my be slightly x-treme, the results in the end are highly sought after.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mike Powers

Well that was certainly an odd exit, but I must admit that I liked him.

I do agree that you should never trust a book by it's cover.  It's that exact reason that I've given you a second chance, and why I'm so perplexed that you keep brining up my perceived beauty. 

You say that you bring positive results.  How would you go about achieving them?  Further, what would you consider to be a positive result?  A winning record?  Making the playoffs?  Winning the TCW Championship for the Rockets?

Chris Shields

Miss Knight, allow me to introduce myself, I'm the guy you want for the president of your club, Chris Shields. I'm gonna be honest, I intended to interview for The Shark Tank and no one else, because well I'm a loyal kind of guy, and when I say I want to join a group, I stick by that. However, the man in charge of that club said, go ahead and interview other places, so I'm here because I think you're going to be able to see what he obviously couldn't right away. If you hire me, I'm your guy, I'm gonna follow your idea, it's not about the kind of wrestlers I like, it's about the kind of wrestlers you like. You tell me what you like, and I will go out and find the best group of people who fit that description. I'm a man who has studied wrestling, and for a short time before a career ending injury, I competed inside of that ring against all different types of wrestlers. There is no one else who is going to be as thorough in their research as I am, and there's no one else who will be able to fill your roster with the kind of talent that you will love. You give me a basic plan, and I will make sure this club is the best ever.

Mike Powers

Mr. Shields, thank you for coming in and interviewing.  I do appreciate you being up front with who else you're interviewing with, as it speaks to your character. 

I appreciate your attitude of wanting to build a team around the types of wrestlers I like....but only to a point.  I'm hiring someone to be the President of the stable, and with that comes a certain amount of responsibility.  As a man who studied wrestling, tell me what sort of team you'd prefer to assemble.

Chris Shields

I personally enjoy a good fight, a brawl, so I'd certainly look to bring in some heavy hitters, people who may not be flashy with what they do, but are capable of getting the job done. That's my personal preference, and I'd obviously want to bring in at least a hard hitting brawling tag team or a good mid level guy. For this team, I'd also look to incorporate one or two guys who are adapt brawlers, but employ more of a technical in ring style. Speed is also something that can't be overlooked, and it would be nice to have someone on the team who can perhaps bring a little bit of that fast paced style. Brawlers and powerhouses would be my go to type of guys, but I know that sometimes you can find a diamond in the rough by looking at some of the smaller more technical guys. I know that you are a woman who knows and loves the business just like I do, and I truly believe that we could craft the best stable of all time.

Mike Powers

A well rounded approach.  I like that idea Mr. Shields.  Where would you like to place our camp?  A large market, mid market, or small market city?