News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Premiere Fight Club (Denver)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike

If the roles were reversed, I would probably be doing the same thing as you are now Mr. Johnson. You are the boss here and I'm an employee, and this is a dynamic I can definitely work with should you hire me.

Mike Powers

That's nice to hear.  Not everyone who's come through that door has felt the same way.  So Strike, the floor is yours.  Impress me with your plans for the PFC.  How will you make this Club a profitable, winning venture?   

Mike Powers

Curtis McMasterson and Chris Strike, please take a seat.  You two men are the finalists for the position.  You two each are qualified for the job, each in your own unique way.  I'm having some difficulty deciding between you two.

I will now open the floor to each of you to give me one final pitch.  No pressure, just the job on the line here.  Wow me.   

Goldferg

Well, I think I made the bulk of my position clear in my original interview baby, so I'll try and avoid repeating myself too much. You and I seemed ta be on the same page regardin' what kinda talent we wanted as the main event calibre wrestler, so I'm pretty sure that I can make your vision for this group into reality.

Now, I know at the end of our interview you said that I was free ta interview for other clubs, but honestly baby I didn't bother, because this is the only club worth representing. I don't know if my competition can say the same, but when a McMasterson commits to something, they commit 100% baby. Plus honestly, those other guys don't have the drive and direction that the PFC does. You're a man who knows what he wants baby, and I can respect that. I would be happy to work with you to make this group a success.

Now I dunno what kinda business model the other guy put forward, but I stand by mine baby. Texas is wrasslin' country and has a history of producing and hosting the best. I know pickin' a big market city like San Antonio is gonna put our overheads up, but the name of the company is the Premiere Fight Club baby, emphasis on the premiere. That means ya gotta go big baby, and everything's bigger in Texas!

Finally, I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm a manager of champions baby. And that ain't a fancy title I made up to make myself look better, it's the truth. I've managed more wrasslers to championship gold than I can remember baby. I have a proven track record at this! I know what it takes to get to the top of the wrasslin' business, and I know how to get the most out of a wrassler an' make him or her give more than 100%. I AM the best candidate for this job baby, and when you hire me I promise you, you will not regret it.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Strike

To make any club a profitable and winning venture, you have to start with one very simple thing: a culture. Even though these are beginnings for all teams in TCW, creating a winning culture right off the bat is something that I believe can put the PFC on the right path to short and long term success in TCW. By winning culture, that means bringing in the best staff members, the most effective set of advertisements and sponsorships that will convince the public to buy in as much as we are into the PFC, being able to scout and find the right fit of wrestlers for each spot in the card where their strengths are accentuated and their weakness are barely seen and scouted by opponents. We create a culture like this from the get-go and we're far ahead of the curve compared to the other teams across this league and any others that may come with the TCW's future success.

Mr. Johnson, you know how it is to start from the very bottom of the totem pole and work your way up through any and all challenges that have come your way. So have I...born and raised in a country where corruption and greed run rampant, the fact that I managed to get out, make my way to America and achieve a life long dream by becoming a professional wrestler and a darn successful one on top of it is proof that we are cut from the same cloth. We're not afraid to put in the extra hours at the office if it means exceeding at our craft and with the PFC, you're putting everything on the line. I'm willing to do the same right alongside you as your right-hand man.

I know you've heard certain locations already to establish a home base for this club...and I'd like to suggest the Mile High City. Denver is not a big market, so there won't be as many distractions but as a mid-major kind of city, it still has its charms and plenty of things to do. Most importantly, we have the altitude on our side and I believe that if we take the PFC there, we can not only train our guys and gals in a more efficient manner but also have a major home field advantage when other clubs come to our domain and can't handle the thin air properly. Another factor to creating that winning culture I spoke of earlier. I'm not a man who likes to go on long-winded monologues but I will say this...

I know what it takes to get to the top of the mountain. I know what it takes to do it with putting my back against the wall. If you allow me to bring in my expertise to the Premiere Fight Club and assist you in making this club the best in the entire TCW, we can get on our way to being at the top of the food chain and making you a hell of a lot of money in the process.

Mike Powers

It's been very competitive to say the least.  But I can only select one of you.  Welcome to the PFC Chris Strike.   

Strike

Alright, Mrs. Johnson, ready to get things started here...let's get our base of operations up and going to Denver.

Mike Powers

So Vic finally decided on someone.  Took him long enough.  Anyway, he gave me a heads up on Denver, so I already have the figures prepared.  I'm the best unpaid secretary on the market!

Denver is a mid market city, and I've found 2 prospective locations.  The first is a 6,500 seat facility near the airport, and has a price of $3 million per season.  The next is located downtown, near the towns sports arenas.  It's a 5,000 seat facility, with an asking price of $6 million per season.

The cost of this will come out of the "incentives" budget.   

Strike

While I like the idea of having a few extra seats in the venue near to the airport, we can get a lot of eyes on the product by placing it in the downtown location. Not to mention, the commute from that area to the mountains if needed for extra training will be a shorter trip as well. Let's go ahead and pencil in the downtown location. I'll place the paper work and confirm it as well so the league offices are aware of it.

Mike Powers

Very well.  Once you've done that, you may begin interviewing Trainers/Assistants/Doctors.  Remember, everyone's salary comes out of the same budget, so be conscious of that.

Strike

Understood and I do appreciate your reminder as well on that, ma'am.

I believe I'm ready to start the process, if you could get me in touch with Lawrence Corwin, please.

Mike Powers

Strike

Mr. Corwin, thank you for taking my call today. My name's Chris Strike and I'm here with the PFC, as we've begun our search for a head trainer to come join our team here in Denver. You've had your experience in the wrestling business for thirty years, what I'd like to get to know is where those experiences have taken you during those times, what philosophies have you adopted during your time in the business that you would be bringing into your training of our members and what do you believe is the greatest asset you can bring to the Premiere Fight Club?

Mike Powers

Strike

Not a man of many words. I can understand that. Your emphasis on remaining focused is something we share here, however, I'd like to follow that up with asking what aspect of professional wrestling are you most comfortable with training - is it the sweet science of technical wrestling, the powerhouse, smashmouth style or perhaps a more aerial approach?