News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Devils (Los Angeles)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

I am but Mr. Reeves dedicated servant.  He asked me who I preferred, and I simply told him the truth.

Los Angeles is the 2nd largest market in the United States.  We have the choice of 2 facilities.  The first is 8,000 seats, and it is in the heart of a touristy area, at a cost of $5.5 million.  The second is 11,000 seats, and is located just a few blocks away from the Staples center, but at a cost of $8 million. 

The cost comes out of your "incentives" budget.

¿PapaPancho?

As we all are.  In order to lead a flock to our sermons we need a church.  Better yet ... a cathedral.  Putting us near the Staples Center puts us near the convention center puts us in the heart of the city.  We shall begin there.

Mike Powers

As you command sir.  File the paperwork, and it shall be yours.

¿PapaPancho?

It is taken care of.  Allow me to ring up Senor Brad Matthews.  It is told to me that you are a promoter with 15 years experience.  Tell me as Head Trainer how does being a promoter help you as a head trainer instead of being a wrestler?

Mike Powers

Hey baby, that's a cool mask!  Lemme tell you something baby, I've promoted shows all over the world!  In that time, I've seen thousands of wrestlers, both good and bad.  I saw how the good ones prepared, and I saw how the bad ones did.  Baby, I'm not saying that I can drop and give ya 20.....hell, I'd be lucky if I could drop and give you 1!!......but I've seen the right way, and I can teach that way baby!

.....how can you see out of that thing.....?

¿PapaPancho?

The same way any man looks out onto his world.  With his own two eyes.  Another question if you would indulge me.  Have you ever been wrong?  Have you ever bet the farm on a kid only to watch the crops wither away under a seige of locusts?  Have you ever crossed off a man only to see him rise from the grave and haunt you for the end of your days?

Mike Powers

Listen baby, nobody bats 1.000!  I remember I booked this match back in '94.  Spike versus Freeman.  We teased that thing out for months baby, MONTHS!  You know what we grossed off of that gate?  Well neither do I baby, but I promise you that it was barely enough to cover the Motel 6 and Waffle House bills. 

¿PapaPancho?

Motel 6 and Waffle houses?  You must be used to running on a tight budget Senor Matthews.  Considering you hyped the match insanely where was the bout meant to take place?  In what location?  I'm concerned that you might have experience but not the experience necessary to build a team that can fill 11,000 seat venue ... or am I wrong Senor Matthews?

Mike Powers

Listen baby, we had this great arena in Phoenix, it had almost 15,000 seats!  We musta really misjudged the wrestling climate down there baby, 'cause we only sold about a quarter of the house.

But why're we focusing on the misses baby?!?  I once sold out a 20,000 seat arena in Philly!!  Yeah baby!!   

¿PapaPancho?

I speak about the misses to test your comfortability.  A man able to discuss his hardships and his failures is a man who has been able to move past those. It was simply a test.  One you have found yourself fortunate to pass.  I could interview other men for this position but there's something about your mannerisms ... this 'Yeah baby' ... that plucks at even this cold heart.

But I am reminded again that we must do business and negotiate terms.  I'd offer 72 virgins but the board has placed rules on us and thus we must stick to dollars and cents no matter how boring those type of negotiations turn out.  Shall we say 2 year and 4 Million dollars?

Mike Powers

Listen baby, you got yourself a deal!  I just have one question for you.....is it always so damn HOT in here?  My brother in law is in air conditioning, I can get you a deal baby! 

¿PapaPancho?

Is it hot?  I haven't noticed that much.  Leave the number with Gretchen.  I'm sure she would love to talk it over with Mr. Reeves and your brother in law.

----

Gretchen ... Sam Wainwright if you please.

----

Senor Wainwright I have an assistant's position to fill and you have 20 years experience.  I'm looking for an assistant trainer as we have just hired Senor Brad Matthews.  Wonder if you have ever crossed paths?  Anyways back to the assistant trainer position.  I see from your resume you have 20 years experience.  But tell me about the man behind that experience.  What was your specialty as a wrestler and how does that apply to your training style?

Mike Powers

Shhh......people like to talk and talk......they don't understand you need to stop and LISTEN.......most people don't hear it, but if you concentrate, you can.......screams......screams everywhere........do you hear it?  Tell me skullface, can you hear it? 

¿PapaPancho?

I've heard many screams in my time.  Some even my own.  I learned the value of the scream but also it's origin.  Tell me Senor Wainwright ... are the scream you are hearing of pain or joy? Are they quick gasp of screams that even a mouse can generate.  Or are they the shivering screams that only a monster can muster from the depths within?

Mike Powers

There are many screams skullface.....many types, of all shapes and sizes.....guttural screams, high pitched screams......screams of unbridled agony, screams of joy......I hear them all.......they sing to me, and allow me to see clearly what must be done.....