News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

S1, EP 7 - TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME

Started by Hondo, January 20, 2015, 07:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Well well well, let's head on to the pay windah with this next assignment! This week, you gonna--

GET THE (censored) OUT OF MY WAY, DREAM!!! I can't believe this. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS! I can't believe you actually tried to get that worthless pile of crap David Otunga over! DAVID OTUNGA! The only reason he was here to begin with was because his wife is famous! And now that she's bagging groceries at Kroeger's, he's completely worthless. I know Stephanie put you up to this, I know it! She doesn't want me to bring up my NXT guys, I know that's why she's did it! Well, TWO can play at that game! I'm gonna interfere in one of her pet projects just to spite her!!!

Your task this week is to have Rusev lose the US Title at the next PPV. Only the PPV booking is required, but you can book four weeks of television if you so choose. All questions can be asked below. Deadline is Saturday Night @ 10PM Eastern.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Jon

Hunter,

Are you looking to bury Rusev in this process?

- Quinn

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Hondo

Quote from: Jon on January 20, 2015, 12:37:36 PM
Hunter,

Are you looking to bury Rusev in this process?

That would surely serve her right. If you want to, fine. If not, whatever. I just want to make Steph's little pet project seem less invincible.

- Quinn

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Tritch

I think it would make things that much sweeter if we used this opportunity to move someone up from NXT to the main roster, what do you think?

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Hondo

Quote from: Tritch on January 20, 2015, 01:11:38 PM
I think it would make things that much sweeter if we used this opportunity to move someone up from NXT to the main roster, what do you think?

Ha! I like you! I think I'll bury you last! That would be best for business for sure!

BamBamBunglow

Alright boss, are we restricted to WWE current staff at the mo? I've got a rehash of a story that'll do everything we need, pop the ratings and satisfy the smarks all in one go.

Hondo

Quote from: BamBamBunglow on January 22, 2015, 08:36:47 AM
Alright boss, are we restricted to WWE current staff at the mo? I've got a rehash of a story that'll do everything we need, pop the ratings and satisfy the smarks all in one go.

Anyone under contract as of today (talent, management, Legends deals, etc.) is eligible.

Hondo

First one out of the gate is a good one.

Not only do we have an NXTer doing the deed, but it actually gets people talking about the US Title again (for good reasons).

You want Rusev to be crushed and some NXT new blood to emerge into WWE? I've got the perfect solution. Sin Cara and Kalisto just lost the NXT Tag Team Titles so it's obvious they are both headed up to WWE.

Picture this. It's the Royal Rumble. Lana and Rusev bang on The Authority's door. Bursting in and getting right in Triple H's face they demand that Rusev's early entry number be changed. The spout out some Russian explicitives towards Triple H and he doesn't like it. He snatches the number from Rusev and says something along the lines of "fine, you'll enter the Rumble later but right now you have a match to defend your US Title.Get your Ruski ass to the ring." After some Russian grumbling he goes out to the ring not knowing who his opponent is.

The lights in the ring change color as Kalisto's music plays! Everyone in the arena starts chanting "LU-CHA, LU-CHA, LU-CHA!" Both Kalisto and Sin Cara run out and down to the ring. Rusev backs off a little in the corner as the two men are BOTH introduced as Rusev's opponents in this triple threat match for the US Title!

Sin Cara and Kalisto race around, jumping and running like maniacs, all over Rusev causing him to lose focus on one single opponent and he is unable to catch either and mount any moves. They hit him with a huge lucha-rific combo and simultaneously pin him for the 1-2-3! The ref is unsure what to do, so he lifts both of their arms and delcares them BOTH the new United States Champion...s!

Rusev lowers his head in shame and he and Lana sulk away muttering more Russian unpleasantries.

Hondo

This one is something we can ALL Bo-Lieve in.

QuoteWell Aitch, I think I have something that you'll really like. So hear me out on this.

Let's start off with the Royal Rumble because let's be honest, it's so easy to begin a feud by someone dumping another player over the top rope and costing them a shot at main eventing Wrestlemania. So at this years Royal Rumble, let's have the return of... BO DALLAS! He's coming off his recent foot injury and I couldn't think of a better person and might I add, former NXT Champ, to challenge for the US Title then him. And to mention, we really have been looking at ways to get him over with the crowd. So at the Rumble, he'll return and enter in after Rusev and then be the man to eliminate him. After he eliminates him, he'll make a discount double check gesture to him as he is then eliminated. Even after the elimination, Bo Dallas celebrates his elimination of Rusev with the fans.

This will all lead up to a match at the inaugural WWE PPV, Fast Lane. I don't feel we have to do anything to special to sell this match to the fans. It'll be your typical super face vs super heel. There is a catch though, I don't want to have Rusev ever get the upper hand in the feud leading up to the PPV. It will cause fans to think Rusev will retain, leading to a more shocking surprise we he doesn't.

I want Bo Dallas to be very over-the-top with his antics.  Celebrating ever little thing he does that gets the upper hand on Rusev. Throughout the feud leading to the PPV though... I want Rusev to remain undefeated. But despite staying undefeated, Bo Dallas will still torment him with post-match antics. And when Rusev tries to repay the favor by interrupting any of Bo's matches... well he will overcome it and celebrate in Bo Dallas fashion including stealing a kiss from Rusev's manager/valet Lana.

At Fast Lane, Bo Dallas will break out of the Accolade three times enroute to hitting a Bo-Dog to get the shocking upset... ending the streak... and gaining the US Title.

IF YOU BO-LIEVE IT, YOU CAN BO-CHIEVE IT!

And this one probably deserves bonus points for remembering stuff. But we don't really do that here.

QuoteRusev & Lana come out to the ring and Lana cuts a promo
about how Rusev has crushed everyone put before him, Russia is superior etc.
when they're interrupted by the music of Talos and his new Goddess, Summer Rae.
Summer cuts a promo of her own about how, as a Goddess she is entitled to
whatever she wants and right now she wants something shiny, like that US title
belt – and what the goddess wants, Talos, the God Among Men, will get for her...
right now.

Brief match follows. Rusev manages to eventually get Talos
down and locks in the Accolade, only for Talos to power up out of it, crush him
in the corner then plant him with the Hammer of the Gods for the win as the
announcer put over how NOBODY has escaped the Accolade before. Talos then
presents the championship as offering to his Goddess as the beaten Rusev
leaves, tail between his legs. Summer later cuts another promo backstage
putting over how she and Talos are above everyone, just so people don't start
thinking he's turned face.

And there's this one that introduces a #1 contender tournament, and a win by a "mighty" competitor.

QuoteSo, the plan is to break down Rusev. I think it'd also be the perfect time to make the United States Championship mean something again. Sure, giving it to Rusev was a great starting point. He's a main event character, a great worker, and he's brought it back to the main stage. But now it's just sat dormant around his waist for months, right? So we're going to use this one event to accomplish a great many things.
Break down Rusev and pull one over on Steph
Make the US title matter
Utilize our smaller, younger guys better
So starting the week after this Pay Per View, we'll have a face with authority tell Rusev that it's time he defends the US title on RAW. Rusev and Lana will get upset, demand that he gets the night off, say that the people in attendance don't deserve a free title defense, yada yada. The Authority figure will say fine, then instead we'll kick off a tournament that'll find the #1 contender to face you at the PPV. Rusev gets fired up and angry, and so on. So what we want to do here, is get a nice mix of the young guys we want to push, but have some established/main guys in there as well to show that they're interested in taking the belt as well. So, Round 1... Chris Jericho, Cesaro, Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose, Adrian Neville, Bo Dallas, Finn Balor, Tyson Kidd

RAW
Round 1: Cesaro over Dean Ambrose after a fairly long, intense match that pushes them both and buts Ambrose over even in loss
Round 1: Finn Balor over Chris Jericho, youth trumps legend
Smackdown
Round 1: Adrian Neville over Luke Harper, here's where we make things get really interesting and start to push the young guy. We'll have Neville go out looking strong, but still have Harper when by DQ. So it doesn't make Harper look weak with the loss but we still have Neville look strong and take the win.
Round 1: Bo Dallas over Tyson Kidd, showcase the young guys

RAW
Round 2: Adrian Neville over Cesaro, Neville is now on a tear. He beat Harper, even though it was by DQ we still made him look strong, and now he beat not only Cesaro, but the guy who beat Dean Ambrose. He looks strong.
Smackdown
Round 2: Finn Balor over Bo Dallas, making it an NXT v NXT final. So not only are they fight for the US title and to kill Rusev's streak, but they're fighting for a spot on the WWE roster.

RAW
Finals: Adrian Neville over Finn Balor, we'll draw this one out, show how incredible these young guys are and that NXT is the future. Then Neville will go over fairly strong, but not so much so to make Balor look weak.
Now Rusev comes out and blindsides Neville, but before he can capitalize too much Balor fights him off, helping Adrian up to show the NXT pride and bond.
Smackdown
Highlights of the tournament, congratulations to Neville interview etc etc. Later an interview with Rusev who is livid.

RAW
We'll have Rusev complaining about having to face someone who isn't even on the roster, and the face authority who set up the tournament comes in and says "if you don't think that's fair, wait till your warm up later tonight." Rusev livid again.
Match 4: Rusev vs Finn Balor, Finn looks strong, Rusev tries to cheat but Neville comes down to stop it, Rusev still ends up winning in the end.
Match 6: Adrian Neville vs Kofi Kingston, we want to have Neville make his non-tournament RAW debut wrestling someone people really care about, but not someone too big that it'll overshadow his eventual defeat of Rusev. Kingston lights him up quite a bit, but Neville goes over strong in the end.
As Neville is celebrating, he gets jumped by Rusev and this time no one is there to save him. Rusev roughs him up quite a bit, before being chased out of the ring by security.
Smackdown
Highlights of the tournament, highlights of the feud since the tournament. Interviews, etc.

Pay-Per View
United States Championship Match: Adrian Neville vs Rusev
We'll start it off with Rusev having the upperhand, taking advantage of the areas he roughed up earlier in the week, looks like it'll be another dominant victory for Rusev. Then Neville comes back, starts lighting him up. Shine for a good 2 minutes before the cut-off. Rusev gets furious, starts really laying shit in, falsie before a huge double down. Finish it right after the double with Neville hitting something huge and a nice, strong, clean victory. Neville is your new champion, Rusev finally loses.

And here's another Bo Dallas-themed entry. Short and to the point, just like Benoit Stevie Richards.

QuoteOkay boss, you want that shit Rusev brought down a peg?  It's simple.

On the PPV this week, Rusev and Lana cut a promo.   "Nobody can beat us, blah blah blah, open challenge, blah blah blah."  Bo Dallas answers the challenge because he BOlieves in himself.  Then, Bo beats him clean for the US Belt.  1-2-3 in the middle of the ring.  In like, 3 minutes.  Hell, make it after a lame move, like a hip toss or something.  Bo celebrates like he just won EVERYFUCKINGTHING, while Rusev sells it like death, unmoving.

Boom.  Berried.

That'll show Steph, right boss?

One more match?

QuoteWell you  want to have Rusev lose the Belt , no problem ...we can kill two birds with one stone. We knock Rusev down a peg and we get something going for someone we just left twisting in the wind at the moment .  I am talking about Captain Charisma Christian.

Simple set -up for the match at the next ppv... we have Lana and Rusev issue a open challenge in the middle of the ring , He feels that he can not be beat and challenges anyone in the back to come out and take the belt from him . Christian's music hits and we have him come down to the ring  to wrestle .  We have Christian beat him , just barely , but he get the win in a hard fought match  to take the belt... Chistian celebrates in the ring and we have Lana and Rusev walk to the back looking at the ring shocked ...because now we can set up a future re-match at say WM .  We get a great future feud and we take  down Rusev a peg in your book .  We can still make money off this.