News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The superbowl half time show

Started by Drama Queen, February 02, 2015, 10:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

Curious as to what people thought.

It was impressive visually, but seemed to lack the energy that Bruno mars brought last year.

I like Katy Perry's music, but her vocals were way to perfect for all that moving about, which makes it hard even for a wrestling fan to suspend disbelief. Yes, we know they don't sing live anymore, but at least make it believable.

All in all, to me it was a bit meh, disappointing seeing as I actually like her as an artist.

Hondo

I thought Bam Bam Bigelow did a decent-enough job.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

J-Reb

Quote from: Hondo on February 02, 2015, 10:52:36 AM
I thought Bam Bam Bigelow did a decent-enough job.

Having to explain to about 100 people who Missy Elliott is was fun.

Black Death

I enjoy the show ...

Riding in on a giant lion ... impressive
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

T-Bonizzle

Gravedigger

Show was decent. Would have liked more Lenny Kravitz.

Missy Elliot is god awful and always has been....

Drama Queen

Quote from: Jack on February 02, 2015, 05:10:11 PM
Thought the show was great. Exactly what a halftime show should be.

Agree with the comment about it seeming a little weak due to the pre-recorded vocals though. I know a lot of artists use prerecorded 'live' vocals that make it feel a little more like the live thing.

Overall, thought it was great. Lenny was great and so was Missy, though Missy kind of stole the show in my opinion.

This might sum up my difference of opinion to most... I have zero interest in sports, didn't watch the game, so my thoughts are probably not coming from the same place as most.

Alex Smiley

Like I told someone on Facebook, I'm a sucker for "Firework" and I don't care who knows it.

I missed the first half of the game (ha, "the game") but got home in time for Katy Perry, Lenny Hungergames and Missy Whatsherface.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Mike Powers

I haven't cared about a Super Bowl halftime show in YEARS. It's piss break, reload the nacho time for me.

¿PapaPancho?

I was mad as hell.

She changed how many costumes off camera? Ill pay extra to have a dedicated camera while she changes just for a chance at nipgate 2.0

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Mike Powers on February 02, 2015, 06:44:58 PM
I haven't cared about a Super Bowl halftime show in YEARS. It's piss break, reload the nacho time for me.

Dammit that's what I forgot to get!

ToneCold

First time in a while I've enjoyed it for both the spectacle AND the actual music... yeah Katy Perry's one of those slight guilty pleasures for me. Saddens me how many people thought that was a Tiger or a Bear she rode.

I'll certainly take it over the farces that were Black Eyed Peas and Madonna, also over the slight disappointment that was The Who.

Next year I vote they get Tenacious D in for it, it may not be the Greatest Halftime Show in the world...
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible