News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Sgt Josh's Stash Thread.

Started by Duckman, February 25, 2015, 02:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Congrats to Sgt Josh as the man with the first blog for MFX Ramblings!  It's a review of the anime show Deadman Wonderland

You can check it out here:

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=629

While we're getting comments on the MFX site sorted out, feel free to leave comments or suggestions for future reviews for Sgt Josh here!

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Stoner

Deadman Wonderland is an awesome show.  I only got to watch the first half of the series, but even just that much was amazing.  Also, I'm looking forward to discussing Anime with you too!

You should do a review of DBZ Abridged sometime. 

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I'll look into that one Stoner. I've never been a big anime person deadman wonderland changed my mind on that a bit.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

T-Bonizzle

Time to give Josh a promotion back up to Captain methinks.

Drama Queen

Interesting. I really don't want to get sucked into another tv show, but it does make me mildly curious. How long are the episodes?

Sgt. Josh Underpants

30 minutes it was only one season with 13 episodes I finished the whole series yesterday
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve

Tezmission Black

Deadman Wonderland is a pretty fascinating show, I wish they had done more with it, but the series wasn't that popular in Japan so they nixed it.

Stoner

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on February 25, 2015, 04:18:52 PM
I'll look into that one Stoner. I've never been a big anime person deadman wonderland changed my mind on that a bit.

Its not a serious show.  In fact all it does is take assets from Dragon Ball Z and make a parody of the show itself.  I'd recommend watching Dragon Ball Z before watching Abridged, there are a lot of jokes that wont make sense otherwise.  Especially in the beginning of the series.

But Dragon Ball Z(and Dragon Ball for that matter.  But not Dragon Ball GT.  We don't talk about Dragon Ball GT) is a good show in its own right so there's that.  Wont blow your mind with deep storytelling or anything, but has good action scenes and interesting characters.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Chris Stern

Great first blog Josh. You may want to check out Cowboy Bebop it's not your standard trope filled anime fair another good series to check out is Full Metal Alchemist either version of the series is good be it the Full metal Alchemist or FMA: Brotherhood for the first half or so of the shows they follow pretty similar paths but diverge alot after that. Oh and Attack on Titan is pretty good as well. If you want to check out more Anime, well Anime that won't make you want to jam long needles into your eyes anyway. 

Stoner

Quote from: Chris Stern on March 01, 2015, 07:25:14 PM
Great first blog Josh. You may want to check out Cowboy Bebop it's not your standard trope filled anime fair

I cannot second this any harder.  Cowboy Bebop, above being a great anime is just a great SHOW above all else.  The same team that made Bebop also made another show called Samurai Champloo, which is also a great series.  And then some of the people that made those shows, and a few that made Full Metal Alchemist, worked together to make Space Dandy.

Space Dandy is one of my favorite things ever.  Its NOTHING like Bebop/Champloo/FMA, but it is great nonetheless.  The less given away about this show, the better it will be.

Quoteanother good series to check out is Full Metal Alchemist either version of the series is good be it the Full metal Alchemist or FMA: Brotherhood for the first half or so of the shows they follow pretty similar paths but diverge alot after that.

So the thing about Full Metal Alchemist is that the first anime series was being made right around the same time as the manga itself.  Because the anime series was being made/shown at a faster rate than the manga, they start off the same and then change in some pretty dramatic ways.  Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is an anime of the whole manga with no departure in storyline.  Both series are really good, I'd definitely say watch the original anime before Brotherhood.

QuoteOh and Attack on Titan is pretty good as well. If you want to check out more Anime, well Anime that won't make you want to jam long needles into your eyes anyway.

Oh man.  Attack on Titan.  Its quite dramatic at times, but because of the situation the characters are in I'd say its fair.  Also, Sasha is the best character in the series.  Period.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Are those multi season shows or one season only?
You Are Game Will Evolve

Stoner

Bebop and Champloo are a single season.  Dandy has two seasons I believe.  Full Metal Alchemist has like two or three seasons each, but a specific story arch from beginning to end so its worth it.  Attack on Titan only has one season out at the moment, season two wont come out until next year.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Attack on Titan, full metal alchemist, champloo, and death note have been added to que. Cowboy bebop wasn't on Netflix
You Are Game Will Evolve

Duckman

NEW BLOG! Sgt Josh is back! This time he's reviewing reality tv - Ep 1 of Season 3 of Party Down South.

Check it out here: http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=720

And you can now leave comments on the blog on the site! So go do that too!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

New review submitted my apologies for the less constructed than the previous ones, I was writing as it came to me and kind of felt it fit the best for me this time around
You Are Game Will Evolve