News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Stone(d) Age Thread

Started by Duckman, February 25, 2015, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Through a cloud of sweet smelling smoke Stoner debuts on MFX with his retro game review blog!

Check out the first review here:

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=647

A fun review of Super Mario Brothers on the NES!

While we're getting the comments section sorted out on the site, feel free to leave comments here.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Drama Queen

That was very entertaining, but now I want to play the damn game! What's it available on aside from nes?

Stoner

You can get it on the WiiU via Virtual Console.  My son plays it pretty regularly.  You might be able to get it on the 3DS Virtual Console as well.  Either way its only like 5 bucks, IF that much.  Virtual Console prices the games from older systems pretty cheap because they've already made tons of profit from those games over the years, anyone buying them now its just icing on the cake.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Chris Stern

as I said on the MFX Facebook group Great job, very enjoyable and I liked how you handled looking back at Super Mario. Looking forward to seeing more.

Oh and please tell me your going to do Mother2/Earthbound.

Stoner

I have a few planned out, and I'm currently writing Legend of Zelda.  Earthbound is definitely on my to-so list.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Stoner on March 01, 2015, 08:32:22 PM
I have a few planned out, and I'm currently writing Legend of Zelda.  Earthbound is definitely on my to-so list.

Zelda is my game... played it too death when it came out, no seriously I played it so much I had the entire first quest memorized: all the secrets, dungeon locations, the works. Even tried speed running the game and this was before Speed running was really a thing.

Stoner

Legend of Zelda is up for review.

I'd like to preface anyone reading it with this:  I know what I did, and I did it on purpose.

Duckman

Stoner is back!  The guy who reviews retro games like they're brand new has done it again.  Legend of Zelda given the Stoner treatment:

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=730

Check it out and leave some comments on the site.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jennifer

Have to admit I laughed out loud when you did the thing that you know what you did.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Stoner

Someone didn't read my comment here about knowing what I did.  But I'm glad you were entertained by it.

Jennifer

No no, that's what I was referring to when I made that post  ;)

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Stoner

I was talking about Jason Z, who commented on the blog itself. 

Jennifer

now it IS me who had a reading comprehension fail  :'(

Stoner