News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

A Message from Sir Ian

Started by Duckman, April 08, 2015, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Alright guys, Duckman here.  Just wanted to preface the following blog from Sir Ian.  This is going to get a bit sickly and bro-mance like, so stick with me.

Ian's not just one of the voices behind MFX, he's not just the richest person any of you know and he's not just a fucking funny guy - he's also a top class bloke. 

I say that as someone who has known Ian for more than a decade, someone who has seen him go through good times, bad times, and all the other shit in between.  No matter what the situation or the challenge, Ian's always positive, driven, determined and above all - inspiring. 

I've never met the guy in person, yet I class him as one of my closest friends.  Not just because we spend a few hours a week together doing a podcast, but because I know behind all the bravado and brashness, there's a heart of gold.  He's helped me through tough times and always been the guy with the best advice when I've needed it.

To think we've been able to work together for so long, on so many fun and varied projects really does fill me with pride.  Plus it proves that you don't just have to waste time on the internet - sometimes awesome stuff can come from it.  We're all proof of that!

Ian says he's not a guy who writes blogs and leaves that up to the rest of us, but he's decided to give it a shot and talk about something close to his heart - MFX and the community we've built - and how that community can be used to help us all change our lives and be better people. 

So check out Ian's blog, have a think about his words and consider yourselves lucky that you all get to be part of the MFX Crew too!  Comments here, or on the site are, of course, welcome:

http://goo.gl/N3VBqL
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jennifer

Powerful stuff, Ian. It might just be the stress from my dissertation talking, but I got a bit emotional reading that.

Some really poignant thoughts on what MFX is as a community.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Justin

Dorling

A great read Ian and a very good message for us all to share.

I have made a bit of a habit of spamming the awesome and fit club threads since I've been at sea, despite the slow, slow internet access I have on ship but there are 2 reasons for that:

1) I'm proud of what I have achieved in the last year and I am enjoying myself in my new life, and I want to share that with a community which I have enjoyed becoming a part of. I have met only a few of the MFX crew but I consider everyone here a friend. I like to see how everybody is getting on and I enjoy talking about my progress with you all and that leads me on to:

2) I'm a long, long way from home right now, over 3,000 miles. I've been out here 2 months and it will be another 2 months before I set foot upon the UK. I'm busy and my job is great but hey, I miss home sometimes and the MFX community is somewhere that gives me a link to a different kind of 'home.' I'm not lonely on the other side of the world from pretty much everyone I know because, yes, I can email my girlfriend and family - and talk to them on occasion - but I have a whole bunch of people in the MFX crew to keep me company too.

So keep on rocking everyone.