News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

EPL 15/16 DISCUSSION

Started by Cory, August 09, 2015, 01:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Benzema or bust. Everyone will make note of Cechs terrible start but if we had a clinical striker it would have been 4-2.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

Well I wasn't looking forward to next weekend one bit but now I think we have a good chance of turning you lot over. Wilf, Bolasie, Cabaye and whoever plays up front could be a big threat to Arsenal defenders.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

Great to have the footy back!!  Can't judge anything after week one.  Apart from everyone who had Cech or Courtois in their fantasy team got humped!

Palace look great going forward this season Rob, if Cabaye stays fit he could be an absolutely fantastic signing.  Nice finish by Zaha too - good to see him getting his confidence back after the silly move to Man Utd.  Wickham showed some nice foot work too when he came on.

Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal all looked sluggish and not quite up to full power yet.  That'll sort itself out over the next couple of weeks I'd imagine.

Main thing that annoyed me this weekend - that disallowed volley for Norwich.  You'd think the refs would take one week before they started screwing people out of perfectly good goals.

Still, excellent to have the footy back and tonight we'll see if City can continue the top 4 tradition of being crappy in the first game of the season!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

Defensively we aren't great. I know we're after Grant Hanley from Rovers who partnered Dann but honestly Norwich could've been up and their equaliser should've counted. But you don't win points on if's and but's so happy to get 3 points!

Bournemouth looked very sharp against Villa too. As they're the local side and I went to see them several times last season I'd love to see them stay up.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Do Sunderland have any chance in hell of staying up this year? I just can't see it happening myself
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Quote from: Rob on August 14, 2015, 06:02:53 AM
Do Sunderland have any chance in hell of staying up this year? I just can't see it happening myself

Norwich are a good team and they do have quite a strong physical attack but losing in that manner, I just can't see Sunderland avoiding the drop this year. I'd happily see them go down though as their fans consistently leave games after 50 minutes if they're losing. Rubbish support
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

Yeah, they should be gone down last season instead of Burnley, they always seem to switch on around April and after they have had their manager sacked it has followed the same path the last three seasons.

Good performance from Palace today, Rob. Not over yet though!

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Rob

Always a tough match when the referee has his heart set on not sending a player off but we played alright. Defence was not good and Bolasie and Wickham looked half asleep.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

As long as Fulham get gayle off of you and 2 cbs I'll be happy

Flins.

Just be happy you are not still in the championship, Rob. Quality of reffing is shocking.

Adam Wrong

That 'penalty' yesterday was a joke...

Rob

Norwich suffered from it last week against us... Low standard of referee's is still very big in the Prem. Mason has never been a good quality ref, very slow. Sometimes it's like they're scared of doing something big because they don't know what a manager like Wenger will say
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

Or what Mourinho would moan about...

Flins.

It is not bad as it used to be, but there has and always will be a bias towards the bigger teams due to the attention surrounding the potential error on their part.