News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

EPL 15/16 DISCUSSION

Started by Cory, August 09, 2015, 01:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flins.

Great win for Manchester City, Chelsea look to still be in pre-season mode, conceding goals/chances for fun. Half expecting Mourinho to rage quit before Christmas.

Rob

Who's he gonna blame this week?

I loved the City fans chanting "you're getting fired in the morning" at the Chelsea medical team
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Missed the game, but still beating a side Arsenal should comfortably beat by an own goal isnt cutting it.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

Quote from: Cory on August 16, 2015, 05:18:06 PM
Missed the game, but still beating a side Arsenal should comfortably beat by an own goal isnt cutting it.

Would have been a goal if the defender didn't touch anyway. Wasn't a bad own goal.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Duckman

Yeah it was going in, great header by Sanchez.

Even though I hate to say it (cause it makes Rob happy), I thought Palace played really well.  The ref certainly did Arsenal some favours by not giving Coquelin that second yellow card he seemed determined to get.

Chelsea were woeful.  Slow, boring, lacking in imagination going forward.  City blew them away in the first half and should've been 3-0 up at half time.  Champs have got some work to do.  City look great already.

Wayne Rooney also sucked again this weekend.  Another guy who just doesn't look up to full speed yet.  His touch was terrible against Villa and he kept doing that annoying thing he does when playing for England - dropping deep, laying the ball off with his back to goal and never turning and running at or past defenders.  Means Utd had no one in the box most times they went forward.

Looking forward to the game tonight with Liverpool and Bournemouth, should be some good attacking football on display from both teams.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

Palace and Bournemouth both suffered from very poor refereeing.

Looking at how blatantly Arsenal and Liverpool were favoured, I think referee's are afraid you make big decisions against big clubs. They're not so afraid to make them against small clubs because the backlash isn't there.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

League cup draw... This just got interested :D

Arsenal/Spurs
Villa/Birmingham
Palace/Charlton

Just a pity Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U got seemingly easy ties. I can see MK Dons and Sheffield Wednesday upsetting a few people too!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Rob

Y'know honestly I was at work following this on my phone which makes this different but still amazing for me...

I was there when Zaha rocketed a goal in against Brighton to take us to Wembley, I watched Darren Ambrose score from 40 yards out against Man United at Old Trafford and I watched Dwight Gayle single handedly DESTROY Liverpool twice...

This win rivals one of the greatest ever moments for my club. We are by no means a big team, but we have a passion and a desire and a bond with the players, the staff and fellow fans that you don't get much in world football anymore. I'm so proud of my team that we have our own LGBT community and former players working for the club in Pardew, Salako, Bright and up until recently Kenny Samson... We have British owners that support the club and we have fought hard to earn the respect of the likes of Jose Mourinho, Sir Alex Ferguson and other legends within the game.

I'm just happy to have been alive and to have supported my club from the darkest day where 5 years and 1 month ago we were supposed to be the highest profile team to ever get closed down, stripped and forgotten to 5 years later to now where for the first time in my life we're experiencing 3 consecutive top flight seasons, we've beaten the champions from last season... Not only have we beaten them at our ground but now we have beaten them at theirs in Jose's 100th home game. I couldn't be happier...
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

Swansea just beat Manchester United 2-1.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Flins.

Rob

Midldesbrough have won the same amount of Premier League games this season as Newcastle and Sunderland.

Just let that sink in
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

also, West Ham 3-0 Away. Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man City done.

Flins.

They have been impressive so far. They have pushed themselves to the brink financially in prep for the move to the Olympic stadium, but it seems to be paying off. Good depth throughout the team as well, with a couple of players like Song and Valencia to return. Could be a big season for West Ham.