Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

EPL 15/16 DISCUSSION

Started by Cory, August 09, 2015, 01:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Rob

Bournemouth*

Delighted for them! Couldn't be happier to see a former Crystal Palace striker scoring the winning goal for my local team against the champions!
SixersEagles

[/center]

T-Bonizzle

I mean Chelsea should have won that game but they couldn't execute inside the 18 for some reason.

Cory

Luckily for Arsenal just as their yearly injury crisis hits, the other "big four" have been playing like shit.

Leicester is a nice story too, Vardy is unreal.

Vardy Party.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Leicester being at the top of the table is fantastic. I love it.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Rob

Quote from: T-Moddin' on December 05, 2015, 05:10:53 PM
I mean Chelsea should have won that game but they couldn't execute inside the 18 for some reason.

They were holding the ball up to look for other options but in that time, Bournemouth were able to get 10 men into the penalty area. Every single time. And each time it happened, Chelsea either wanted to pass it into the net or shoot from long range. It's no surprise really, Bournemouth looked more likely with each of their opportunities to score.
SixersEagles

[/center]

T-Bonizzle

Chelsea consistently penetrated, but their crosses were shit, their shot selections were shit, if you get in deep you should be able to win the game.

Cory

Quote from: T-Moddin' on December 06, 2015, 07:26:45 PM
Chelsea consistently penetrated, but their crosses were shit, their shot selections were shit, if you get in deep you should be able to win the game.

I think one of the most shocking things about Chelsea this season is Mourinhos inability to made half time adjustments. Seems he just says fuck it lets sub on our playmakers on at wing back and see what happens.

Jon

Didn't want to create a new thread for just this one post! But my Portland Timbers won the MLS CUP!!!!!!!

#RCTID!!!

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

T-Bonizzle

I need to watch MLS more (like at all).

Rob

Quote from: T-Moddin' on December 06, 2015, 07:26:45 PM

Just cause you get the ball near the area doesn't mean you automatically have a right to win the game. Chelsea have no potency, no killer balls. There is too much indecision and each player is expecting someone else to score the goals. Once they're near the box, they pass sideways and sideways and sideways until the other team have 10 behind the ball and there's not a lot more they can do with it.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

Fulham finally get a manager after 2 months and it was my first pick from the outset. Was amazing at Watford. Hopefully get us midtable come June as the transfer embargo means we can't strengthen.

Drama Queen

I have to ask, because I just don't know anything about football today....

What's the story behind Leicester?

I mean, when I was following football, the only time a team broke the glass ceiling to enter the elite is when they got a new owner with a huge influx of money or something.

Teams like Leicester would maybe lead the table for a couple of months, but never as far in as February.

I only did a basic wiki search on Vardy, and it seems like the signed him out of obscurity, what about the rest of the team? Are they also hidden gems? Did they make any "big signings?" Do they even have the money to do so?

Is anyone able to explain why they are suddenly the most consistent and best team in the premiership at the moment?

It's quite fascinating, and really refreshing in an industry (like any sport I guess) where money usually buys success.

Cory

Id say its a few things in my opinion.

A) Raineri has always been a good coach, but a bit of a journeyman. A jouneyman whoever that has coached some of the biggest teams with elite talent. Chelsea, Roma, Juventus, Inter Milan. It seems he finally put it all together for this Leicester run...and using the classic 4-4-2 formation to boot. He's getting the most of his players as well. Robert Huth was always an average BPL defender, but he's playing like a top 5 center back in the Prem right now, same goes for guys like Danny Simpson as well, Kasper Schmichael is a quality keeper too.

B) Obviously the emergence of Jamies Vardy. I dont think its shady dude must be on PED's because who has a breakout season at 28....more or less Ranieri gameplan suits Vardy's strengths 100%. Vardy has solid finishing, but more so blistering pace and relentless pressure...that why I dont think Leicester needed to worry about him leaving for a bigger club because he's honestly not going to get the same opportunities at a bigger club.

C) I think financially Leciester is solid....not as much money as similar teams have thrown around like Stoke, Newcastle, West Ham but they have hit home runs. They got Christian Fuchs for free and he's been a starter since day 1 and is a fantastic provider of the ball. Must have close to the most assists for a wing back in the prem this season.

They got N'Golo Kante who is probably the best holding midfielder in the prem on his current run of form. I believe at the pace hes at now he'll have won the most successful tackles/interceptions in Europe for both 14-15 and 15-16 seasons....they got him for like $5m.

And obviously the emergence of Riyad Mahrez. Paid like 400k for him and he's developed into arguably the best player in the prem this season. 14 goals and 10 assists and he's missed like 3 penalties so he could have potentially been the top scorer in the league, with second being Vardy.

They have a crazy amount of production from two players and as long as they stay healthy they have every chance in the world to win...but hopefully Arsenal can get 3pts tomorrow morning and stay in the race.

Cory

Wenger out, this season has been stunning.

If he cant win the league when every other legit team is playing like ass, he'll never do it.