MFX: NFL Fantasy Football Season 9 -- Discussion

Started by Cory, May 10, 2016, 12:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Alright, as many of you know Ian has asked me to take over running the MFX Fantasy Football league. Entering the NINTH season I look forward to administering the funnest fantasy league here on MFX. Once signups are compete, this thread will turn into the discussion thread for the upcoming season to host all of your trash talking and trading needs. As Ian wanted us to start fresh (I pushed for continuation) there will be a new league page formed rather than just re-inviting everyone to the old one.

Signups for the league will be starting early so we can see what we got for the league, the official MFX Fantasy Football league. The rules will stay the same as previous years and we'll go with NFL.com standard scoring. I had a grace period to discuss the two biggest potential changes, being PPR (Points per reception) and a WAB approach to the waiver wire (http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/custom-WAB). As the league hasn't been created yet you can still try and push for either, but it'll still be majority rules and as of now neither has been added to Season 9.

The cost will be $12.00 to play I use $2.00 to save myself the exchange rate of paying the winner.

The draft will be held in late August. As I can adjust the draft date/time after the league is filled and created we will take a majority rules approach to setting the draft date, within the final two weeks of August.

I have held off with generating the league invite links until I see the exact numbers we'll have as I don't have a clue what the turnout will be this season, hopefully we can get at least 8-10, the more the merrier. Spread the word to anyone you know that may not be as active on the forums as before. I will be sending out PM's to all previous players eventually if need be.

As the PayPal I'm using is my personal one, I'll be sending a PM to everyone who signs up with that information once the signups slow down/conclude.

1. Cory -- JOINED + PAID
2. Fnord -- JOINED + PAID
3. Mike Powers -- JOINED + PAID
4. Jack -- JOINED + PAID
5. Justin -- JOINED + PAID
6. Black Death -- JOINED + PAID
7. 4Harambe --  JOINED + PAID
8. Franchise -- JOINED + PAID
9. Domingo -- JOINED + PAID
10. Midas -- JOINED + PAID

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mike Powers

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Alright we got the minimum, I sent a PM out to guys who haven't responded or made their intentions clear....if you're in touch on other places with any old members let them know, 10 guys would be perfect.

Domingo

Midas

Cory

Yep, that will work fellas. We go our 10, PM's will be sent the next day or so.

Cory

PM's have been sent, and as always post here when the money is sent so I can check. Cheers fellas.

Cory

You guys can sign up for the league before payment too, FYI, right now its just me and Fnord I believe LOL

Midas

Cory