News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Euro 2016 Discussion

Started by Cory, June 10, 2016, 03:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

As someone who has watched every game, both of Hungary's games have been the most exciting. Love it when a team plays with no real regard, oppose to all of these "powerhouses" trying to pass teams to death and play to not to lose.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Duckman

Big games tonight for England and Wales.  I'm hoping they both get through.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Dorling

I'll be in Paris on Saturday so if England win the group I'll be in the fan park for the game.

Cory

I heard a report that England is resting 5 starters....then again Woy hasn't found his best XI so maybe thats a good thing.

Cory

Quote from: Cory on June 18, 2016, 02:51:17 PM
As someone who has watched every game, both of Hungary's games have been the most exciting. Love it when a team plays with no real regard, oppose to all of these "powerhouses" trying to pass teams to death and play to not to lose.

Jon

Man, I sort of feel for England, but I was rooting hard for Iceland... what a great story!

England needs to find a way to get over the hump, because they've done about as much as the USA in these tournaments... and thats not a good thing.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Go Iceland! I want them to win the whole damn thing!  8)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

England keep going for individuals and not team players. They had Rooney playing where Dele Alli should have had and Woy was too stubborn to change the formation so he could sit Sterling and get Vardy meaningful minutes. I think if England lined up: 4-3-3:

Hart (personally I'm higher on Forster than Hart)
Clyne - Shawcross - Smalling - Rose
Dier - Alli - Drinkwater (or Milner)
Vardy - Kane - Sturridge

Cahill, Sterling, Rooney were all poor and Walker is a liability when it comes to defending in crucial moments. England need defend first, attack rarely players on the backline, a Scott Dann or Ryan Shawcross to add some iron back there and needed two midfield generals, someone like Danny Drinkwater to control the middle with Eric Dier who was head and shoulders England's top player this tournament.

Duckman

I've been saying it for the past 4 years, you put a guy in charge who is known for putting out pretty plain and boring mid table sides, and that's the kind of team he's going to produce.

England were woeful in the second half.  They had no spark after half time, no change in style or formation, nothing that made it look like they were going to take the result away from Iceland.

Same old England in a tournament.  Complete mental block for the players, none of them playing the way they do for their club sides, I've been following England in major tournaments since 1990 and it just doesn't get any better.

And credit to Iceland, they had a plan, they had a style, they worked it to perfection and got the result.

For England, unless they do a massive overhaul of their system to get the national team going (in the same way Spain and Germany did a decade ago) then this will be the type of performance you'll see from England at all the major tournaments.  So disheartening and disappointing.

On the other side of things, Belgium finally turned up and looked fantastic.  Hazard back to his very best.

Italy are my favourite side of the tournament.  Well organised, better than the sum of their parts and playing with amazing team spirit.  I hope they win the whole thing!

But yeah, same old England...and it doesn't get any easier to watch or accept.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

I'm not even disappointed in England for getting knocked out. I absolutely expected it to happen.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Maybe I'll move to Iceland if anything comes of their trade offer.

Rob

Are Wales about to do a Leicester?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Quote from: Rob on July 01, 2016, 05:12:22 PM
Are Wales about to do a Leicester?

and Wales Iceland finals would be absurd in the best of ways, though im pulling for my defecto team Germany

Flins.

Semi-final will be tough without Ramsey, but Portugal have not been too impressive so far. I could see Iceland doing to France what they did to England, but they will struggle tactically against the Germans or Italy.

Cory

That yellow card rule is fucking awful. Everything should reset after the group stages.