News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #81 - Is this Tony Romo's last season to win?

Started by Cory, June 29, 2016, 01:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

So do you guys think this is the final season Jerry Jones will accept potential failure from Tony Romo as his QB? In the event that Romo gets hurt or Dallas dont make the playoffs will it be time for the Romo era in Dallas to come to an end, or will this be a endless cycle of Dallas giving Romo one more year, year after year?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Talon

I think it depends on what the QB Market looks like next off-season.  Dallas isn't a city where just ANY QB can play (successfully).  They have that stigma that New York (Yankees) have in baseball.  The media and fan pressure in Dallas is crazy, so as long as Romo is healthy enough to play at a decent level, I don't think Dallas can do much other than draft a young QB and start grooming him (YOU KNOW, LIKE TEAMS USED TO DO!) so that he can start down the line and already have a grasp of the system and the expectations. 

You can't plug a rookie QB into Dallas' organization and expect them to handle the pressure, unless its a guy like Andrew Luck was coming out.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Cory

Quote from: Talon on June 29, 2016, 03:05:04 PM
I think it depends on what the QB Market looks like next off-season.  Dallas isn't a city where just ANY QB can play (successfully).  They have that stigma that New York (Yankees) have in baseball.  The media and fan pressure in Dallas is crazy, so as long as Romo is healthy enough to play at a decent level, I don't think Dallas can do much other than draft a young QB and start grooming him (YOU KNOW, LIKE TEAMS USED TO DO!) so that he can start down the line and already have a grasp of the system and the expectations. 

You can't plug a rookie QB into Dallas' organization and expect them to handle the pressure, unless its a guy like Andrew Luck was coming out.

Maybe they have their guy in Dak Prescott and will risk putting him in Yr.2 if Romo gets hurt once again.

Doug E Fresh

This is my input.

It won't be his last season unless he gets a retirement injury.

Talon

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Gravedigger

Look how pathetic Peyton was this past year. Teams can win without elite QB play, so Romo has multiple years where he can win. But they need to build a legit defense to help him out, and Elliot will be a key. If he's the beast he can potentially be, it will take the pressure off of Romo, like Murray did in 2014.

It's not going to be easy for Romo/Dallas to win, but they have a few years in their window, assuming he can play all 16.

Cory

Quote from: Jack on June 30, 2016, 01:18:33 PM

That said, if Seahawks don't do well, then the Cowboys would be one of the teams I'd like to see win it all because I believe if any player has earned it over their career, it's Tony Romo. The guy has dealt with so much criticism his whole career, he's earned a SB in my opinion.

Cory