News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Mystery Science Theater 3,000 season 11 is coming to Netflix in 2017

Started by Chris Stern, September 17, 2016, 02:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

So for any Mystie fans as you may or may not know series creator and original host Joel Hudson ran a very successful kikstarter to help fund a 11th season of MST3K raising over 7 million for 14 episodes, now it's been announced that the new season will come to Netflix.

Again for those who didn't follow the news there will be a new cast keeping the tradition of changing cast members after 100 episodes or so(Joel did 100 and Mike did the last 100). The new cast will be:

"The Mads"
Felica Day as Kinga Forester daughter of Dr. Clayton Forester and Granddaughter of Pearl Forester
Patton Oswald as TV's Son of TV's Frank

The Host will be Jonah Ray, the voices of Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo will be done by  Hampton Yount and Baron Vaughn

Also for the new season Mary Joe Pehl, Bill Corbet and Kevin Murphy will be doing cameos replaying their former Mad charecters Pearl, Professor Bobo and Brain Guy as well as cameos from Jerry Seinfeld and Mark Hamill

Also the writing staff will of course have Joel as well as Mary Joe Pehl(Pearl), Bill Corbet(Rifftrax, Brain Guy, Tom Servo), Kevin Murphy(Rifftrax, Bobo, Crow),   Elliott Kalan former head writer of The Daily Show, Dan Harmon (Community and Rick and Morty) and Joel McHale   

and Mythbuster's Adam Savage will help with making the practical effects

No word on if the classic episodes (Seasons 1-10) will also be coming to Netflix as Joel(owns the new and trandmarks) along with Shout Factory(owns the season 1-10 episodes) now own the complete rights but you can find old episodes on the offical MST3K youtube and Daily Motion channels, airing nightly on Comet(either as a digital over the air sub channel or streaming live via the comet website) and on the MST3K channel on Pluto TV which is free(Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, iOS, Android, PC and Mac)

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on September 17, 2016, 02:52:10 PM
nice

Agreed. It only took what 16 years, a change of rights holders and a kikstarter to finally get a new season of the show but we finally got it. Netflix already has the show listed in their database so hopefully the new season starts soon and god willing it doesn't stink.

Shame Mike Nelson, Tracie and Frank are still on the outs thanks to how they were treated when Best Brains owned the series like not being payed royalties, etc.

Black Death

looking forward to watching it

plus Chris  you need to come back hang out more ,  you are missed  you know

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on September 17, 2016, 03:05:15 PM
looking forward to watching it

plus Chris  you need to come back hang out more ,  you are missed  you know

I know, I know. I just been busy, working nights, was helping a friend out with her getting content for her streaming cult movie channels, playing star wars d20, trying to spend time with my now 16 year old daughter, etc. But I'm going to try and put the effort to be around a bit more here. 

Chris Stern

Hate to necro but I really don't want to make a new thread for just a trailer and release date but the new season hits Netflix on the April 14th and here's a trailer: https://youtu.be/5ct0Z2bQndM

Black Death

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on March 27, 2017, 08:35:15 AM
Man, It going to be fun
Definitely, especially from what I heard from a few people I know that attended the Episode one premier a few weeks back down in NYC.(Backers of a set tier got to see episode one in the theater) and from what they were able to say, to was great.