News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

It's time to talk Westworld

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, November 10, 2016, 01:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Who else is watching/loving Westworld and wants to talk theories? :D

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Cory

Have seen all the episodes aside from the most recent, hope to see a revolt or something. Man in black is sweet.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

ChrisShields

I'm watching it and finding myself still slightly on the fence about it. I've enjoyed it, but it feels like I'm really waiting for something to happen. I know JJ Abrams is only one of the executive producers, but it feels like it's got his fingerprints all over it, and I'm one of those people who thought LOST was stupid as fuck, and didn't care for either one of his Star Trek movies, so maybe that's why I haven't fully invested in the show yet. There is a lot about it that I like (Ed Harris for instance is the fucking shit), but there's also a lot that just leaves me feeling unfulfilled. I know they're obviously building to things, but it's 6 episodes in and I feel like only 3% of the story has been told. I want something big to happen in these next 4 episodes.

! JDM The Professional !

Fair enough mate. I also thought Lost was shit. I'm absolutely loving Westworld and especially after the latest ep - it was insane! My partner has just started watching it and I was watching ep 1 with her and was surprised to find subtle clues to stuff that had happened up until the latest ep reveal.

Worth noting that they've planned 5 seasons for WW, so that is why it ia slow burn as opposed to all cards on the table.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

ChrisShields

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on November 18, 2016, 05:47:10 PM
Fair enough mate. I also thought Lost was shit. I'm absolutely loving Westworld and especially after the latest ep - it was insane! My partner has just started watching it and I was watching ep 1 with her and was surprised to find subtle clues to stuff that had happened up until the latest ep reveal.

Worth noting that they've planned 5 seasons for WW, so that is why it ia slow burn as opposed to all cards on the table.
I've gotta watch last weeks, so I'll probably just double up tomorrow and watch that one and tonight's. I have heard that the last episode really ramps things up and gives a lot of new information. The one before that definitely set more things in motion and had some nice surprises, so I got pulled in a little bit more. A big part for me is gonna be how the season ends.

Chris Stern

I've been enjoying it. I was thinking the whole mysterious incident thirty years ago was the one from the film as you see Yule Brenner's Gunslinger character down in the basement. So I always figured Arnold in a bit of payback triggered the Gunslinger to go hostile as well as trying to get a few other hosts to as well. But after last week I'm not so sure anymore.

Chris Stern

Holy shit. This weeks episode was messed up

ChrisShields

Quote from: Chris Stern on November 27, 2016, 09:55:59 PM
Holy shit. This weeks episode was messed up
I caught up to this week earlier tonight, but I always record the 3rd showing of it on Sunday night, because normally there's a bunch of stuff recording. The last 2 episodes pulled me in, so I'm hoping that this week keeps up with those. Only this one and then next week is the season finale. It was a little slow, but I am now at a point where I'm really getting hooked.

Rob

I'm half way through last week's episode but I'm loving it so far. I really enjoy the slow burn of the show as another Lost would be too frustrating. The big developments so far have been great. Its hard to talk about the show without spoiling it.
SixersEagles

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Midas

Chris Stern

So I just read a interview with the show runners and the season finale will be 90 minutes and promises to answer all questions so far save for one. Also no season two till 2018

ChrisShields

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on November 28, 2016, 08:11:32 AM
The latest episode. Holy fuck.
Yea, there was a damn good bit of crazy shit in this one. I'm officially hooked and psyched as hell for the finale.

Triple B

I've been watching it.  I was pretty convinced on the theory of the man in the black hat.

I feel like enough questions were answered in the finale, but I'm still really confused by alot of stuff that happened at the end, that I don't want to spoil until everyone has seen it.

Thing that sucks though, is they aren't starting shooting until July of 2017, which means we won't get any more episodes until 2018.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Triple B on December 06, 2016, 01:13:56 PM
I've been watching it.  I was pretty convinced on the theory of the man in the black hat.

I feel like enough questions were answered in the finale, but I'm still really confused by alot of stuff that happened at the end, that I don't want to spoil until everyone has seen it.

Thing that sucks though, is they aren't starting shooting until July of 2017, which means we won't get any more episodes until 2018.

[spoiler]me too. Going to watch it again today. 
Crazy ep![/spoiler]

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs