News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., December 20, 2016, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug E Fresh

Just saw it today and I like it significantly more than Force Awakens. Many good throwbacks and a great story told!

Black Death

I believe one of the reasons it works , is because it has a beginning , middle and end to the story.  which is quite refreshing when comes to telling a star wars story.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Goldferg

First act was chaotic and confusing, Krennic was a pretty sub-par villain...

[spoiler]... and was completely overshadowed by CGI Tarkin and Vader[/spoiler]

and a lot of the Rogue One team needed more characterisation than they got (K-250 and Donnie Yen's character being the exceptions).

But that third act more then made up for it. Probably my third favourite Star Wars film atm. Will have to see how it stands up to repeat viewings
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Goldferg

New Hope, Empire then this are my current top 3. Then Jedi/Awakens (not sure which one I like better, they both have problems, but are better than the pequels), Sith, Clones and Phantom.

[spoiler]Yeah, I didn't think the Tarkin CGI was that bad either. It was a little uncanny valley in places, but that just made him seem even more villainous. He was arguably the main bad guy of this film, followed by Vader. That scene of him at the end was indeed badass.

Krennic... I'm struggling to think of what he did that was so vilalinous, outside of having his men shoot the science team and kidnap Jyn's dad. I'm pretty sure Tarkin was the one who demanded they kill-sat Jeddah, Jyn's mum was arguably self defence, the dad was killed by the rebels... he was ambitious, sure, but he pretty much had his nuts cut off by Tarkin & Vader every chance they had. When he got shot there was really no catharsis. For me anyway, YMMV[/spoiler]
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Tritch

Quote from: Goldferg on December 21, 2016, 01:37:28 PM
[spoiler]Krennic... I'm struggling to think of what he did that was so vilalinous, outside of having his men shoot the science team and kidnap Jyn's dad. I'm pretty sure Tarkin was the one who demanded they kill-sat Jeddah, Jyn's mum was arguably self defence, the dad was killed by the rebels... he was ambitious, sure, but he pretty much had his nuts cut off by Tarkin & Vader every chance they had. When he got shot there was really no catharsis. For me anyway, YMMV[/spoiler]

[spoiler]He built the Death Star...

But I agree, it seemed like they tried a little too hard with his CD to make him seem redeemable (by making the other villains shit on him) and it made him less believable as a villain himself.[/spoiler]

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

! JDM The Professional !

[spoiler]I didn't mind him in his role. He seemed like the 2ic who feels he has all the power, only for the manager to come in and steal his thunder. Classic workplace lol.

I also didn't mind the CGI Tarkin. I thought it was well done and his character which really needed to be in this film delivered really well. I also liked how they didn't recast him and went this method. It was a brave/risky choice but they pulled it off.

Cgi Leia on the other hand I absolutely didn't like. I thought it looked lame and was unnecessary.[/spoiler]

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Black Death

[spoiler]Him and Tarkin were rivals for the Paplatine's  favor.  He was a still bad guy , just did not have the chops to match wits with Tarkin.  Out of his depth compare to Tarkin.  In the end he lost [/spoiler]
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

ChrisShields

Went and saw it today, and while I thought it was good, I didn't think it was great. The first 30 minutes or so really drag on. I get that they have to set everything up, but it felt like it was just taking so damn long. The 3rd act is where it really shines, but minus a few really good performances/characters (the robot the blind Force Guardian, and the main girl) the movie didn't really have me invested, until that 3rd act. I think this was an example of it being hyped a bit to much before I saw it.