News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #85 - GM Your Team!

Started by T-Bonizzle, January 12, 2017, 01:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

With free agency looming, every team has needs and the opportunity to fill them through free agency.

I want you to be the GM for your team for a moment, and come up with that ONE free agency signing your team needs. Whether it's re-signing a key player or more excitingly, taking a stab at a new player, put on your GM pants and get it done.

For me, if I were the GM of the Ravens the choice is easy. The organization is really good at developing defensive players, I can fill my needs at CB and DL through the draft. We haven't been good at developing playmakers on the offense. We lost pretty much all the key players from our Superbowl win a few years ago. We have been mediocre the last few years without a true #1 Receiver.

So we need to sign Alshon Jeffery. He's the big-bodied receiver the team likes to have who can naturally fill the shoes left by Smith and Boldin before him. He's the type of receiver that can accentuate Flacco's strengths, and could be a true #1 receiver, something we've been lacking for several years now. It's a flashier signing than we normal do in free agency, but I think it's the signing that along with emerging targets like Perriman and Williams, will give the offense its swagger back.

Jon

If I were GM of the Rams...

Last season we lost two members of our stout secondary (Janoris Jenkins & Rodney McLeod) in free agency. It's imperative that doesn't happen again with Trumaine Johnson and TJ McDonald Jr. We can't lose Trumaine Johnson as that would be crushing to our defense, that is the strongest part of our team. We don't have a ton of depth to fill in those positions either.

But if we were able to re-sign both those guys, then we have to be eyeing Alshon Jeffrey. We need a Top 10-15 WR in the league for our Goff to throw too. It's a sexy signing too, to get the fans more on board for next season. We have the cap room to make the move too, but it would mean we would lose Kenny Britt, which I'm more than fine with. 

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

If I'm the Eagles, I'm going after one man and thats Stephon Gilmore.

WR is a major need once again and while Alshon is talented he's often never healthy (as a fantasy owner of him back to back years he's questionable EVERY week) and he's one banned substances away from being suspended for a full year...id be much more content signing a middle of the park WR like Kenny Stills or Willie Snead there and building through the draft...but to you guys point Alshon still is probably the biggest fish at WR this offseason.

Corner however is the biggest need on our defence and has been for like...5 years. Outside of QB for most teams Ive never seen an organization fail to find stability at a position more than the Eagles trying to find cornerbacks. Anytime you mentioned a free agent corner to Eagles fan we get ill. Nnamdi Asomugha (huge FA money, bust), Carey Williams (overpaid, bust), Byron Maxwell (Huge FA money, bust).

Our defensive coordinator was DC in Buffalo with Gilmore and would know that the guy can perform and excel in his system...where the busts we've had were never really ideal scheme fits, just the shiniest toy in the box and we jumped. Also, the other side of this works as well as if Gilmore isnt going to be a fit, Jim "don't shake my hand too hard" Schwartz would say don't pay this guy so we avoid another nightmare cornerback signing.

Win-win.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gravedigger

If I'm taking over the Raiders, my #1 target is Dont'a Hightower. The Raiders were really weak in coverage from their linebackers, and he would fill that need perfectly, plus he's an asset in stopping the run, which they weren't great at either.

Pretty much any top defensive free agent would be an asset for them at this point.

Captain Metro

Going to be disappointed if you want Hightower to be a man-cover player. Great in the Pat's scheme where he effectively plays zone and trail on whoever gets passed inside if he's not blitzing ... but he blitzes more often than most inside backers.

I don't care who we get in FA. It doesn't matter because we'll finish at least 11-5 and make a run at the Super Bowl.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Doug E Fresh

Help your line. YES.
Help your future drafting. YES.
Trade for Brock Osweiler...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Doug E Fresh

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Bonizzle

I dunno what you're yelling about. Brock has more wins than any other Browns QB in 15 years.

Doug E Fresh

Cory

Alshon. Cautiously hype. 1 year deal is perfect.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE