News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MFX: Contest of Champions Semi-Finals - Fight 97

Started by Tritch, February 13, 2017, 03:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tritch

Ghost Rider
Alter Ego: Johnny Blaze
Publisher: Marvel
Main Book: Ghost Rider
Height: 5'10" (Blaze) 6'2" (Rider)
Weight: 180 lbs. (Blaze) 220 lbs. (Rider)

Powers, Abilities, Weapons & Gadgets
- Superhuman strength, agility, stamina, reflexes, speed, endurance and durability
- Proficient in hand-to-hand combat skills
- World-class motorcyclist & stuntman
- Invulnerability to any kind of fire
- Ability to project and control Hellfire
- Ability to shape Hellfire into mystical motorcycle, and ride along any surface
- Immunity to mystical attacks that target the soul
- Excellent shot with pistols and shotguns
- Limited knowledge of the occult
- Nigh-indestructible Hellfire Enchanted Chain
- Hellfire Shotgun

Iron Man
Alter Ego: Tony Stark
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Main Book: The Invincible Iron Man
Height: 6'1" (6'6" in armor)
Weight: 225 lbs. (425 lbs. in armor)

Powers, Abilities, Weapons & Gadgets
- Genius-level intellect, highly-skilled inventor and keen business mind
- Wears the Iron Man suit, which utilizes powerful repulsor ray particle beams and pulse bolts, sonic generators, explosive shell projectiles, mini-missiles, magnetic field generators and a laser torch
- The armor is protected by both an energy-draining shield and personal deflector shield
- When wearing the armor, Tony has superhuman strength and the ability to both hover and fly up to Mach 8
- The armor also features a chronometer, radar, sonar, magnometer, atom-force microscope, photon, heat, motion and other sensor instruments
- The armor also features radio communications, a transmission jammer, video signals, a powerful searchlight, a laser beam projector and an EMP generator

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Goldferg

least likely semi-final pairing ever?

Either way, voted for Iron Man. What worked for Rider against his other opponents, wouldn't work here. If he got close enough the Penance Stare would probably work... but that's a big if. And IDK if he has anything other than that to put Tony down, unless he can really turn up the Hellfire.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Kieran King

Going with Iron Man. The luck of the draw somewhat deflates the finals though.

Tritch

I think this one is a lot closer than people are giving Ghost Rider credit for. Again, Johnny Blaze is one of my favorite characters, so maybe it's just bias, but I don't think there's a suit that addresses "demon."

Tony would put up a fight, no doubt. But GR can create a hellfire chain, use it to pluck Iron Man right out of the sky, and bring him close enough for the Penance Stare. Obviously, he'd have to get through the helmet, which I'm sure is no easy feat but not impossible, especially with a few hellfire buckshots to the face.

A lot of Iron Man's weapons are likely fire based - explosives, missiles, etc. - which Blaze is invulnerable to. His other weapons could obviously do some damage, but Ghost Rider has superhuman endurance, durability, strength, reflexes, speed, agility... all of which would help him evade shots like that. And the Iron Man suit can fly up to mach 8, but Johnny can follow just about anywhere but space in his hellfire motorcycle, so Tony couldn't really escape him while still staying in the fight.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015