Started by Tritch, February 13, 2017, 03:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tritch

Hulk
Alter Ego: Bruce Banner
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Main Book: The Incredible Hulk
Height: 5'9.5" (7-8' as Hulk)
Weight: 128 lbs. (1,040-1,400 lbs. as Hulk)

Powers, Abilities, Weapons & Gadgets
- While Bruce Banner, he possesses a genius-level intellect with a specialty in nuclear physics
- Incredible level of superhuman physical ability, dependent on his level of emotional stress or anger
- Can leap great distances using the superhuman strength of his legs
- Can also use this to run super fast, but if he continues to speed up his legs will just begin to destroy the ground
- Ability to create a shock wave capable of deafening people, sending objects flying or extinguish fires by slapping his hands together
- High resistance to physical damage, and resistance to extreme temperatures, mind control, nuclear explosions, poisons and disease
- Ability to to regenerate limbs, vital organs and damaged or destroyed areas of tissue at an amazing rate
- Superhuman endurance
- Has a gland that creates an oxygenated per fluorocarbon emulsion, allowing him to breathe underwater  and move quickly between varying depths

Thor
Alter Ego: Thor Odinson
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Main Book: Thor
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 640 lbs.

Powers, Abilities, Weapons & Gadgets
- Ultrahuman strength, endurance and resistance to injury
- Extremely long-lived, though not completely immune to aging
- Immune to conventional disease
- Superbly-skilled warrior; highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat, swordsmanship and hammer throwing
- Ability to summon lightning from his hands
- Ability to channel his godly energy through Mjolnir to create a Godforce, capable of killing immortals though leaving him weakened
- Wears a full-body hauberk composed of Asgardian steel
- He is worthy of wielding the hammer Mjolnir
- Wielding Mjolnir gives him the ability to control the powers of the storm; including rain, wind, thunder and lightning; he can then channel these into an energy blast
- Mjolnir can also absorb other energies, which Thor can then release
- Wielding Mjolnir gives him the ability to hover or fly at speeds up to Mach 32
- Wielding Mjolnir gives him the ability to deflect incoming attacks
- Possesses the Belt of Strength, which doubles his strength but weakens him after use
- Possesses a pair of iron gauntlets to protect him from Mjolnir's most powerful energies
- Possesses a chariot drawn by two goats, Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Goldferg

Quote from: Jack on February 13, 2017, 05:28:07 PMI get it that Thor is a god, but so is Loki and Hulk slapped him around. Different gods, sure, but that proves to me that the 'god factor' isn't a deciding factor.

He's not a god though, he's a frost giant.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Tezmission Black

I gatta go with Thor again here, he's got the Godforce on his side, no matter how angry Hulk gets, dead is dead.

Kieran King

Quote from: Goldferg on February 13, 2017, 04:47:56 PM
Hmm... so I did some research, and turned up this...

https://moviepilot.com/p/hulk-vs-thor-fight-stan-lee/4146165

... so Thor wins I guess?

Stan Lee seems to be forgetting his own characters. Thor is long-lived but he isn't immortal.

How angry is the Hulk? The angriest Hulk can take out anyone so that's where I'm voting.

Tritch

I voted for Thor in this one. I love both characters, and they are two of the strongest characters in comics without a doubt. This probably should've been the final rather than a semifinal, I think the final will be a lot more clear-cut than this one.

But in my opinion Thor wins, whether he's immortal or not. Hulk's power is possibly limitless, but the problem with it is that it all hinges on his anger. I don't like the Godforce argument because it seems so overpowered, but it is a thing he can do. And I don't know much about it, but I assume it's a pretty quick and definitive move. So he could probably take Hulk out before he gets angry enough to overpower him.

I think without the Godforce, or if Hulk was dropped into the fight with 100% anger or whatever lol, then things might go the other way. But as they stand, I don't think there's any chance Thor wouldn't win.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015