News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., February 15, 2017, 11:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

I got bored and quit halfway into S2.

Tritch

I'm in season 3 right now, I love it. I think one of the things it was praised for was how spotnon it is culturally for the time period. But the acting is pretty fantastic as well.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Doug E Fresh

We've stuck with it through 5 seasons. Love it. About to start season 6 soon.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Jack on February 16, 2017, 11:53:38 AM
So would you say it gets better starting at Season 3 or is it the same?

The characters are all great, the acting is great, the styles/etc are great. My main problem is it will spend whole episodes building things and then just forgetting them.

[spoiler]Like the 2 episodes Don was in Palm Springs with the German dude and his family. Literally nothing of that mattered. Or Peggy having Pete Campbell's kid. Or most anything involving the Duck character. Or Sterling have two heart attacks and hitting on Don's wife.[/spoiler]

Maybe this stuff comes back in Season 3 and beyond? Or maybe I'm missing something?

I will say it's great escapism (like Entourage in a different way).

Also...not to get political...but it's a bit easy to see how Donald Trump grew up the way he did considering he would have been about Pete Campbell's age! [spoiler]There is literally a scene where Don grabs a girl by the pussy! [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Season 4 feels like a restart but I've noticed between seasons 4 and 5 (especially the end of 4 and the end of 5) that they both revisit things and big scenes occur. Also season 5 has major character development of Pete Campbell. Major. Oh and someone else dies.[/spoiler]

Tritch

[spoiler]Well the stuff with Peggy/Pete is obviously a slow burning storyline that will probably play out through the whole series (i'm only in season 3 still). The Duck and Sterling stuff continues to build as well.

As for the German episodes, that was all about character development for Don. In the grand scheme of things those characters probably won't come back or have a lasting impact on the show, but they did have an impact on Don as he was falling apart as a person and those interactions drove him to reconnect with the real Ms. Draper and to treat his wife better.[/spoiler]

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Doug E Fresh

Season 6 was really interesting though. Big plot twist and such. We just finished season 6 Sunday night and are taking some time off to watch season 2 of Better Call Saul before finishing Madmen