News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MFX: Contest of Champions FINALS - Fight 99

Started by Tritch, February 17, 2017, 05:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tritch

Ghost Rider
Alter Ego: Johnny Blaze
Publisher: Marvel
Main Book: Ghost Rider
Height: 5'10" (Blaze) 6'2" (Rider)
Weight: 180 lbs. (Blaze) 220 lbs. (Rider)

Powers, Abilities, Weapons & Gadgets
- Superhuman strength, agility, stamina, reflexes, speed, endurance and durability
- Proficient in hand-to-hand combat skills
- World-class motorcyclist & stuntman
- Invulnerability to any kind of fire
- Ability to project and control Hellfire
- Ability to shape Hellfire into mystical motorcycle, and ride along any surface
- Possesses the Penance Stare, which makes victims experience all of the emotional pain and suffering they have ever inflicted on anyone when he locks eyes with them
- Immunity to mystical attacks that target the soul
- Excellent shot with pistols and shotguns
- Limited knowledge of the occult
- Nigh-indestructible Hellfire Enchanted Chain
- Hellfire Shotgun

Hulk
Alter Ego: Bruce Banner
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Main Book: The Incredible Hulk
Height: 5'9.5" (7-8' as Hulk)
Weight: 128 lbs. (1,040-1,400 lbs. as Hulk)

Powers, Abilities, Weapons & Gadgets
- While Bruce Banner, he possesses a genius-level intellect with a specialty in nuclear physics
- Incredible level of superhuman physical ability, dependent on his level of emotional stress or anger
- Can leap great distances using the superhuman strength of his legs
- Can also use this to run super fast, but if he continues to speed up his legs will just begin to destroy the ground
- Ability to create a shock wave capable of deafening people, sending objects flying or extinguish fires by slapping his hands together
- High resistance to physical damage, and resistance to extreme temperatures, mind control, nuclear explosions, poisons and disease
- Ability to to regenerate limbs, vital organs and damaged or destroyed areas of tissue at an amazing rate
- Superhuman endurance
- Has a gland that creates an oxygenated per fluorocarbon emulsion, allowing him to breathe underwater  and move quickly between varying depths

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Tritch

I think that the Penance Stare makes this an interesting fight. Because... would Hulk be affected by it?

The Hulk has inflicted plenty of emotional pain and suffering on thousands, maybe millions of people, because he's terrifying. He's inflicted pain on Betty, on Thunderbolt, on a host of other characters in particular. In theory, he would certainly be affected by the stare.

But... Punisher was able to resist the stare because he didn't regret anything he'd ever done.

There's no doubt that Bruce Banner regrets just about everything he and, especially, the Hulk has ever done... but if he's in Hulk form, would those regrets still be present?

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Kieran King

Even if it does affect The Hulk, what's it going to do? Make him more mad?

Tritch

Hmm. That might be a good point. I know the Penance Stare is supposed to damage the soul irreparably, but how would that affect the Hulk?

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Tezmission Black

I think the biggest question is, Is the Hulk and Bruce Banner truly the same person.

If they are then the Penitence Stare would take Hulk down no problem.

If not then it would have no effect on Hulk since he has no qualms about the things he's done just like the Stare did not work on Punisher who felt he had truly never done anything wrong.

This is also taken from Wikipedia from the War World Hulk story.

During the World War Hulk storyline, Johnny Blaze angers the Ghost Rider when he tries to save several people and allows the Lucifer fragment they were currently fighting to escape. Later after watching a broadcast on TV, Blaze decides to go to New York and fight the Hulk, against the Ghost Rider's will. The issue ends with Ghost Rider coming to a halt on his motorcycle in front of the Hulk. After attempting to urge the Hulk to stop, Ghost Rider engages the Hulk. Their battle is monitored by Doctor Strange and Mister Fantastic. Doctor Strange believes that the entity that supplies Ghost Rider's mystic power is possibly capable of defeating the Hulk, stating that his powers are limitless, and only inhibited by the human side of the Ghost Rider, even going as far as to call his powers "godlike". However, as it is Johnny Blaze, not the fully powered demon Zarathos who is engaging the Hulk, the Hulk easily defeats Ghost Rider. After Johnny is knocked out, Zarathos himself emerges and rides off because, as Doctor Strange says in the end of the issue, Ghost Rider protects only the innocent, which none of the Illuminati are.

So I would say if we are going by they going all out one on one, War World Hulk vs Zarathos Ghost Rider, which is what we'd get in the end because Ghost Rider is Immortal and once Hulk knocked out Blaze then Zarathos would take control and defeat Hulk. So I think I'll have to go with the Rider.

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Tezmission Black

Quote from: Jack on February 18, 2017, 02:07:55 AM
BUT

Just like we have to consider how strong these guys are at full power, we have to consider their weaknesses as well. If Hulk was able to stop Ghost Rider previously, shouldn't that count for something?

The thing is he wasn't able to stop Rider before, he was able to knock out Blaze, and then the demon Zarathos who gives the Rider it's power took control and since it's his mission to protect the innocent he left as he considered Hulk an innocent, but we have to look at this fight as they are going all out against one another without their morals in place and see who would win that fight, I think thats what we're trying to figure out here, and in that case, we have evidence from the War World Hulk comic that Rider can take a hit from Hulk at his strongest and then get back up, and thats not even starting to get into the talk about his Penance Stare.

Also Galactus can't kill Ghost Rider.

Tritch

Probably not, but what Al is saying is that zarathos is a god-like being who would be able to smash hulk WITHOUT the penance stare, so it wouldn't really matter.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Tezmission Black

Yeah he is bound to the Rider and it's host, but if the host is knocked out he can take control of the body, not unlike Hulk and Bruce Banner.

My argument is that yes Bruce Banner can beat Johnny Blaze, but once Blaze is down and out Zarathos would take over the host body and Hulk would be no match.

As far as the Penance Stare goes I don't know because I don't know lore wise if they count Hulk and Bruce Banner as one in the same or two different entities, because depending on which it is is if the Stare would effect Hulk or not, and the above argument would not even need to come up.

Kieran King

QuoteBecause we aren't talking about Hulk vs Zarathos, we're talking about Hulk vs Ghost Rider, I'm not sure all the arguments about Zarathos are really valid for this?

This is what I'm thinking. Zarathos is a different entity. Zarathos is not Ghost Rider. Win or lose against Zarathos, it doesn't matter because that's not the battle here. Hulk can beat Ghost Rider.