News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

FWL Season 6 NJPW/ROH Rules/Regulations/Questions

Started by Fnord, April 19, 2017, 07:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Your starting line-up will consist of...

Main: (highest championship was World/Heavyweight in their current company)
Mid: (highest championship was any OTHER than World/Heavyweight in their current company)
Tag: (2 Superstars from any position)
Flex: (absolutely anyone)
Non-Title: (Anyone that has NEVER held a Championship in their current company)
Staff:  (Any non-wrestler---Valet, Manager, Referee, Staff, Announcer, Etc. [some wrestlers are also staff])

If you look at the description, some wrestling personalities can be in multiple places.  For example: Jado could be placed in your Tag Team, Flex, Mid or Staff! 

If you have a question re: what position someone would fit in check out here: http://www.mfxpodcast.com/boards/index.php?topic=22668.0 I will try and keep this as updated as I can!

Shows that will count:
ROH Weekly Show
ROH iPPVs
NJPW iPPVs (available on NJPWworld.com)
Any pre- or post- show with original content
ALL COMPANY's PPVs, Special Events or iPPVs!

Scoring (points will be listed by Superstar, not by event):
Weekly Sitcom-Like Show Appearance (+4 per show)
Wrestling Show Appearance (+1)
Wrestling Show Match (+5)
Wrestling Show Match Win (+10)
PPV/Special Event Appearance (+2)
PPV/Special Event Match (+10)
PPV/Special Event Win (+20)
All Shows: Win a Championship (+25)
All Shows: Retain a Championship (+10)
All Shows: Participation in a Specialty/Championship Match (+5)
All Shows: Winning a Specialty/Championship Match (+10)
All Shows: Eliminating an Opponent (+2)
All Shows: Executed/Locked-in Signature/10-Count Strike/Triple Move (+2)
All Shows: Executed/Locked-in Opponents Signature Move (+4)
All Shows: Tag Team Combo Move (+1 each involved Superstar)
All Shows: Tag Team Signature Move (+2 each involved Superstar)
All Shows: Signature Move victory (+5)
All Shows: Signature Move Escape (+2)
All Shows: Foreign Object Shot (+3)
All Shows: Final Match (Main Event) (+5)
All Shows: Final Match (Main Event) Win (+10)
All Shows: Disqualification/Count-Out (-5)
All Shows: Suspension/Fired/Quit/Title Stripped (-20)
All Shows: Referee's a Match (+2)
All Shows: Announces a "Superstar's Entrance" (+1)
All Shows: Interferes in a Match (+3)
All Shows: Stands at ringside during a match (+2)
All Shows: Sits at the announce desk during the show (+4)

Scoring Details:

APPEARANCES
A Superstar will be awarded appearance points for each segment he/she appears on during the watched event. A segment is defined as the time period that begins when the show comes back from commercial (or starts) and continues until the time the show goes to commercial (or ends). Appearances or matches that are broken up by a commercial break will not count twice. Simply being on TV constitutes an "appearance," unless a Superstar is merely in the background in a non-creative role or is otherwise not part of any storyline. For example, if Vickie Guerrero is standing next to Dolph Ziggler during a backstage segment, both Guerrero and Ziggler will receive appearance points. Simply being in the background in a non-creative role does not constitute an appearance. I will make the final ruling on whether a Superstar receives appearance points. Only action not seen prior to will count towards appearance points. Repeat segment appearances will not count. This includes flashbacks to prior days or weeks, video of a previously aired event that happened on a prior day, pay-per-view promotions, commercials, match graphics, show openers, and still images.

MATCHES
Matches are scored only when a Superstar is ruled a competitor in a match/contest and the bell rings. Any other Superstar who appears during a match/contest will earn appearance points, interference points, etc., but will not earn match points. Appearances by managers, Divas and others ringside will be scored as appearances, not matches. In the event of a "no-decision" finish, the Superstars who participated in the match will earn match points, but neither will be credited with a win.

ELIMINATING AN OPPONENT
A Superstar is awarded 2 points for eliminating an opponent in a match with elimination rules. Elimination matches include (but are not limited to) Battle Royals, Royal Rumble, Classic Survivor Series Elimination Matches and Fatal Four Way Elimination Matches.

SIGNATURE MOVE (EXECUTED/LOCKED-IN)
A Superstar is awarded 2 points any time he/she executes/locks-in one of his/her signature moves. A signature move consists of a move they frequently use and/or is named. If you are curious regarding a superstar's signature moves, just ask.

SIGNATURE MOVE VICTORY
A Superstar is awarded 5 additional points when his/her signature move directly leads to victory in a match (i.e. pinfall or submission).

SIGNATURE MOVE ESCAPE
Each time a Superstar escapes a pinning predicament directly after being hit with his/her opponent's Signature Move, he/she is awarded 2 points. Each time a Superstar escapes a submission signature move, he/she is awarded 2 points. Simply blocking a signature move attempt (before it is executed/locked-in) does NOT constitute a Signature Move Escape. Signature Move Escape points can only be awarded within the context of a match.

FINAL MATCH (Main Event)
Each time a Superstar competes in the final match of an event, he/she is awarded an additional 5 points. Any other Superstar who appears during the final match will earn appearance points, but will not earn Final Match points.

FOREIGN OBJECT USE
A Superstar will be awarded foreign object points each time he/she is successful in using a foreign object to inflict clear physical harm. Foreign objects include (but are not limited to) chairs, chains, bricks, 2x4s, car parts, powder, salt and the announcers' table. Simply swinging a chair or throwing an object without connecting does not count as foreign object use. The object must cause clear physical harm. Objects that are considered part of the ring area, in most cases, will not earn foreign object points. If a Superstar uses their finishing move WITH ANY foreign object successfully, they will receive the finisher and foreign object points in combination. Also, throwing an opponent through a table, into a cage wall, into a ring barrier, etc will count as a foreign object.

DISQUALIFICATION/COUNT-OUT
An official disqualification/count-out from a match, regardless of the cause, will result in a deduction of 5 points.

SUSPENSION/FIRED/STRIPPED/QUIT
An official suspension/firing/title-stripping/quitting results in a deduction of 20 points. For an official suspension/firing/quitting to be awarded, a Superstar must be suspended from action, "quit" the organization or fired (for personal, medical, behavioral or any other reason) by an authorized official (i.e. Mr. McMahon or their brand's General Manager). A Superstar may still receive Fantasy points (appearance points, etc.) while officially on suspension or fired.

If you have any further questions regarding a rule or scoring, let me know. All rules and regulations are subject to change. If you don't think something is fair or judged right, just let me know and we can have an open discussion regarding this issue and possible change.

Random Tidbit Rules:

Line-Ups
I am going to be more lenient with lineups this year than I have been in past years. If you do not get your lineup in on time I will use your last week's line up. If you do happen to miss 3 consecutive weeks then I go by the 3 strikes rule and you'll be out. Your players will be stripped from your team and back into the free agency and you will be ejected from the league for the rest of the year. Anyone scheduled to go against you the rest of the schedule will get an auto-win unless another team gets booted and then the two teams will face each other. I will restructure the schedule upon needed. It's simple to come in every two weeks and submit a line-up. You can even just say "same" to keep it the same. I will not penalize you for continuing to post "same" every week, but really where is the fun in that? (Circumstances vary depending on health issues/emergencies. I will post the next week's thread as soon as I can in order to make everything go smoothly, you can also PM me your line-up if you know you are going on vacation, etc.) Deadline will be 7pm CST on Sundays EVERY FWL WEEK. Any line-up posted AFTER the stated deadline will not count. This is why it might be better to just make an additional post with your new line-up if you edit it instead of editing the actual post... just to be safe.

Trading
There will be the deadline for trading by the end of the regular season, but not pick-ups and drops or Waiver Wire for obvious reasons. This year we will no longer vote on any trades when they are first done. If someone sees a trade that they think is too far lopsided or might be "collusion" they can call it to a vote by sending a PM to myself or Midas and we will anonymously put it up for vote. You may trade with any other player at any time. You must confirm the trade in this thread along with the person you are trading with. You can NOT trade Waiver Wire picks. If it's in the middle of a currently active FWL Week, the trade's results will be available for next week.

Waiver Wire Rules
You may submit any Drop/Pick-Up Waiver Wire submission to me at anytime before the deadline of 5pm CST on Friday. You may submit it through PM, IM, Facebook, Text, however you can get in touch with me. I, as commissioner, will submit my waiver request to Midas to keep it fair. Before 5pm CST on Saturday, I will post the Waiver Wire Results. After I post the results, there will be an allotted time for open pick-up/drop. You may only pick-up/drop one wrestler at a time. Once another player does a pick-up/drop you may do another. You are NOT able to use Waiver Wire Picks in trading. The Waiver Wire order will start off at the beginning of the the year in opposite order of the draft. From this point on, anyone that picks up a player through the waivers will move to the back of the list while those that don't make a pick will keep their current position. This can be further explained if anyone needs it. 

Women
There will not be an actual Woman position because of the lack of them in these two companies. So, each roster will have one-less slot giving us only 12 total picks instead of 13. You may still pick a woman and use in her in other spots.

Winner-Take-All
Unlike the WWE FWL game, there are only 5 players. There will not be a playoff schedule. It will be winner take all. The best record at the end of the game will be the Champion.

Special Events
The NJPW/ROH league is a little different because MOST of the events will be special events. ROH has a weekly show that will count regular, but NJPW is ALL Special Events.

Any questions, feel free to ask! All of this is subject to change and more information will be added here upon needed.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

While pulling up the schedule I remember we are ODD in number. One player each week will face a PROXY team that they have to beat for that week in order to get a win. For those of us that played last season we should know how it works. You have to beat the PROXY team but the PROXY team does not need to defeat you as they obviously cannot get two wins per week. :)

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Duckman

Lol.  I'm such a dumb ass.  Just noticed there's no requirement to pick a woman in this game.  Oh well, that's a totally wasted pick.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Fnord

It was your last pick, right? I didn't make my pick yet, just change it.

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Fnord

Don't forget!

Waiver Wire Rules
You may submit any Drop/Pick-Up Waiver Wire submission to me at anytime before the deadline of 5pm CST on Friday. You may submit it through PM, IM, Facebook, Text, however you can get in touch with me. I, as commissioner, will submit my waiver request to Midas to keep it fair. Before 5pm CST on Saturday, I will post the Waiver Wire Results. After I post the results, there will be an allotted time for open pick-up/drop. You may only pick-up/drop one wrestler at a time. Once another player does a pick-up/drop you may do another. You are NOT able to use Waiver Wire Picks in trading. The Waiver Wire order will start off at the beginning of the the year in opposite order of the draft. From this point on, anyone that picks up a player through the waivers will move to the back of the list while those that don't make a pick will keep their current position. This can be further explained if anyone needs it. 

Duckman

Just checking in to see what's happening with the ROH/NJPW game.  We're getting quite far behind now.  Any word on when things will be updated?

Fnord

Had the info just not the time to add it to the spreadsheet. Week 2 done now. Week 3 to be done ASAP. :)

Fnord

Unfortunately, I regret to inform you that I am stopping FWL Season 6 NJPW/ROH. NJPW/ROH takes up a LOT of time and it's hard to watch all that wrestling with my current work and married life. With only 5 people playing, it's just not working sacrificing all that time. I apologize to those that this disappoints and hopefully one day in the future we'd be able to bring it back.

Duckman

Understandable man.  Thanks for giving it a shot though.  Means I can enjoy the G1 now without worry about who is getting what points.

Fnord

One day I'm hoping NJPW and FWL will combine again!