News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Anderson Silva Off UFC 212 Card

Started by Fnord, May 09, 2017, 11:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

- With the announcement of a 13th fight, and the release of the official UFC 212 fight poster, it appears the show in Brazil will go on without Anderson Silva. The former UFC middleweight champion threatened to retire if he wasn't booked for the June card against Yoel Romero for the interim UFC middleweight title.

Silva, coming off a win over Derek Brunson, was originally scheduled to meet Kelvin Gastelum before the former Ultimate Fighter winner was suspended for a failed drug test.

Here's a look at the fight poster, which features UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and interim champion Max Holloway:

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Cory

he didn't deserve a title shot (then again a bunch of guys lately haven't). My guess is the payday wasn't as big as the one's he's gotten in the past recently for "saving" shows and he fucked off.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

If Dan Henderson gets a shot for being a legend... then surely Silva (best UFC fighter of all time) deserves one more go at it. But I agree... he's far from being anywhere close to the top of the 185 rankings.

This JDS title shot is BS too. But I understand Stipe wants his revenge.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors