News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MMA News Discussion Thread

Started by ciscoKID_VWF, July 14, 2008, 06:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

First... CONGRATS TO CORY!!!! Winning the pick'ems for a 3rd time!

Last night was a decent card, but some strange ref decisions. I had Hendricks and Saffedine as winning their fights. Saffedine for sure! Hendricks/Magny was close.

But man... the fall of Rousey has been tough to watch. Why she has Edmund still as a coach is beyond me. But I think this is the last we see of Rowdy in the MMA. She might still have a place in WWE... maybe...

Cody Garbrandt is legit as fuck. Man, I've never seen anyone do what he did to Cruz. He needs to tighten up his taunting and trash talk in the ring, because he don't need that shit. He looked fantastic last night and I can't wait for him and Dillashaw to throw down. 

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Black Death

Agree, He convince her that she could stand and bang and that was never her core strength . She gone away from what got her to the top. That is her top ground game and submission work.  Last night she did not even attempt a takedown. She try to bang with someone who main strength is the striking ,  That two fights in a row she try to out strike strikers

I would love for her to  go WWE... but if she still wants to fight , she needs to change her coach quickly
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Thanks all for playing the Pick Ems, lets have another strong year in 2017!

And yeah, kinda felt like if Ronda was going to lose it was going to be quick and embarrassing, and it was. I agree with Jon, how does Edmund still have a job? If Ronda had a coach like Greg Jackson or something not only do I think he'd have he prepared mentally 10x better but actually come up with a gameplan and not have Ronda who has awful standup, try and stand up identically the way she did and got dominated vs Holm, against maybe a bigger hitter in Nunes.

I think it becomes more and more clear why we never got Rousey/Cyborg, that'd be maybe more one sided than the CM Punk fight...hell this fight vs Nunes was more one sided than the Punk/Gall fight.

and shout out to Cody tho, I didn't think he stood a chance in that fight. I enjoy watching him fight but everything about Cody just screamed contender with KO power will get outpointed/out classed by the champion and boy was I wrong. Dude was phenomenal and another star, cant wait to see him destroy that dork Dillashaw.

The first 3 fights were pretty shit last night, but the last two made up for it.

Also, how about no sendoff for Mike Goldberg? It was his last event you figure they'd at least let Rogan acknowledge it or something.....did him wrong.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

Mike Goldberg is terrible and I'm so happy he's going. That dude has to be one of the luckier people in life, as he pretty much kept that job because he was there before it got popular and pretty much was the voice for UFC. I just can't stand his commentating as he doesn't add anything for me and I'm not sold he's even knowledgeable in the sport.

I hope Rogan goes next. I would much rather Anik and Stann.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Doug E Fresh

Cody Garbrandt is from my hometown and went to the same high school and all that stuff. Needless to say folks back at home are really really happy about his success. The kid Maddux, I've had drinks with his dad lol.

Cory

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on December 31, 2016, 03:03:37 PM
Cody Garbrandt is from my hometown and went to the same high school and all that stuff. Needless to say folks back at home are really really happy about his success. The kid Maddux, I've had drinks with his dad lol.

I think he did a tiny bit of damage to his character from all the behind the scenes stuff coming off like every bit of a meathead jersey-shore type but having the sick kid with him and giving him the belt and stuff showed real character. I never disliked Cody and anytime one of the small midget fighters can actually finish fights I'm always a fan.

Cory

that decision on Silva/Brunson tho....yikes.