News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Backstage News On WWE Doing Another Superstar Shakeup

Started by Fnord, July 27, 2017, 04:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There has been talk of doing another Superstar Shakeup after next month's WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view, according to new reports by PWInsider and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. WWE previously held a roster Shakeup in April after WrestleMania 33.

While it might seem early for another Shakeup, The Observer notes that there is definitely talk of making a few roster moves in the fall. There has also been talk of sending one or more Superstars from the main roster to WWE NXT. The moves from the main roster to NXT would be for talents that were major stars in NXT that Vince McMahon simply is not going to push on RAW or SmackDown, even if they are over, or talents who are doing nothing on the main roster with the feeling that they could be more useful as top stars in NXT.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

T-Bonizzle

NXT is almost a 3rd brand anyway, so it isn't the end of the world if that happens.

Kise

Both brands are pretty dry at the moment. There's really nothing amazing as far as feuds go, but I do like how they've stepped it up with the finishes to Jinder's matches.

T-Bonizzle

205 Live is secretly the best brand...but WWE will never put the weight behind it that show deserves.

Mike Powers

It's amazing that they have completely forgotten how to write TV that doesn't depend on tired authority figures....but then they don't use the authority figures to allow things to make sense either!  In the last Superstar Shakeup, there was ZERO rhyme or reason given in Kayfabe as to why the moves were made.  Why not actually use Angle/Shane/DBry to make some sort of sense of the movements.  Call it some sort of trade window, or something like that.  Have the GM's make agreements with each other.....instead of just having new people show up on new nights.  It's dumb.

Kise

I just hope we get great builds and a lengthy series for these inevitable classics involving: Joe, Styles, Balor, Rollins, McIntyre, Roderick, Nakamura, Ziggler, Roode, Owens, Itami, Jericho, Tyler Bate...and even though I like them as a team right now, I think the Hardys can have some great matches with any combination of these guys as well.