News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Splatoon 2 (Switch)

Started by Chris Stern, July 30, 2017, 10:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

So after giving the free four hour pre-launch trial of the game, I decided to pick it up on launch and it's a blast, normally I tend to shy away from online Multiplayer games mainly because they are often filled with really annoying people, hackers and trolls. Also I tend to find most people take most online games way to seriously, I play to relax and destress not to have someone yelling every five seconds about how bad we're doing like we are in a high prize tournament. But yeah Splatoon 2 is a lot of fun. if you never played it or heard of it, it's a four v four game where you play Humanoid squid things called inklings that can go from being a person to a squid (allows you to swim through ink) the main mode is to cover as much of the map in your color, there's three other modes in ranked rainmaker which is where you fight to be the first team to take the weapon in the middle to the enemies base, tower which is where your team has to get the tower to the goal or as close to it before time expires and a king of the hill mode. There's also a hord mode called Salmon run where you have to collect a set number of salmon eggs for three waves while fending off waves of mutant salmon. Also what is nice is there's going to be a year of free content updates with new weapons and maps as well as two years of a monthly event called Splatfest where players pick a side like say Rock or Pop and then battle it out in Turf war for 24 hours(all other modes are locked out for the event) and the team who wins best two out of three winning requirements popularity (what side had more players), team v team(set teams vs set teams) wins and random player wins (teams made up of random players on each side so one team made up of Rock team players vs of random Pop team players) and the winning side gets extra ingame money and special items for upgrading your gear. But yeah it's a blast.