News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

ATTENTION: Forum Transition Imminent

Started by Alex Smiley, November 02, 2017, 04:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Hey guys,

Chances are you've already read Duckman's announcement here about the future of these forums. If not, go ahead and have a look.

Welcome back! So, here's what's happening now: soon, I will be transferring the files and databases for the boards over to the server for my website, Occupy Pro Wrestling (aka the site Ian didn't know I ran, if you've listened to the latest podcast lol). Based on conversations I've had with hosting support, this seems to be the best way to go about moving everything over. The good news is, it shouldn't take too terribly long...I just need to block out some time to make the backups, transfer everything over, and repair links and settings as needed.

I'd like to get this going sooner rather than later, and I've decided the best time to do it is after the current Mafia game wraps up. Basically, here's the game plan:

- Phase 1: Backups
- Phase 2: Transfer/Repair
- Phase 3: Rebranding

I'll post more info on what the rebranding looks like when we get closer to the forum transfer. If you have any questions, leave a reply here or PM me, email me at info@powertothesmarks.com or hit me up on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Mike Powers

Will there be a prolonged period of time where the forums are down? I'm asking because I'm going to be starting the signups for the Secret Santa soon.

Alex Smiley

My goal is to keep it within a weekend, so hopefully a couple days of downtime is the "worst case" scenario. I'll have to ask Judge for more clarification.

Alex Smiley

I talked to Judge, and hopefully the actual downtime wouldn't be more than about an hour once I've moved everything over.

Duckman

Good stuff Alex.  Let me know if you need anything else from me on this.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Alex Smiley

Thanks Duckman, will do.

Alright friends, we're looking to do the transfer a week from today!

Triple B

It seems like just yesterday that Alex was running off in the middle of a podcast to buy a new headset.

Now he's taken over like the NWO.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

jagilki

T-Bonizzle

Also there was that time he and his laptop took separate taxis home. They grow up so....

jagilki

Just think.  Now he could get his laptop an Uber.