News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Secret Santa 2017!

Started by Mike Powers, November 07, 2017, 09:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Welcome everyone to my yearly tradition!  For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, every year since 2014 I have run a Secret Santa here on the MFX (formerly EFK) boards.  We've received a robust turnout year after year, and I am excited to get things going again for this year!  This year (due to the dwindling numbers of active participants on these boards) we are EXPANDING to include the fine folks over at ESPNSportsSims.net.  There are a LOT of familiar faces over there, so it is my hope that running this as a combined effort this year will allow us to enjoy the biggest Christmas Season yet!

How does it work?  I'm glad you asked!  It is real simple.  Simply post a reply that lets me know that you are in, and you will be added to the list!  I will then need some information from you PM'd to me.  Your real name and address, a link to an Amazon.com Wish List that you've created, and a simple blurb about things you'd like to get/not get (for example, "I love horror movies/please don't send me alcohol").  The reason for asking for both an Amazon Wish List AND a brief like/dislike list is because, in years past most people tended to rely on the Amazon Wish Lists, but some people REALLY enjoy going out into the world and picking out that perfect gift for themselves!

Of course if you were to have any questions, I am here to answer them.  For those of you who want to take a look at how things worked out in the past, or if you just want to reminisce, here are links to the 2016 and 2015 Secret Santa threads:

Secret Santa 2016
Secret Santa 2015

HO HO HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

1 - Mike Powers -----> Profile Submitted
2 - Doug E Fresh -----> Profile Submitted
3 - Adam Wrong -----> Profile Submitted
4 - Judge -----> Profile Submitted
5 - T-Bone -----> Profile Submitted
6 - Alex K -----> Profile Submitted
7 - Knuckles -----> Profile Submitted
8 - Jagilki -----> Profile Submitted
9 - Black Death -----> Profile Submitted
10 - Eddie K -----> Profile Submitted
11 - Justin -----> Profile Submitted
12 - Rebel -----> Profile Submitted
13 - Fnord -----> Profile Submitted
14 - Triple B -----> Profile Submitted

Doug E Fresh

Adam Wrong

Judge

T-Bonizzle

Alex Smiley

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Knuckles

The Refreshing drink....

jagilki

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Alex Smiley

Giving this a BUMP in light of the forum migration, come sign up if you haven't already!

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Mike Powers

Absolutely, the more the merrier! Plenty of space, and plenty of time to join in! Tell your friends!

Mike Powers

For anyone unsure, here is how it works: 

~ I'll leave these sign ups open for another week or so. 
~ Everyone who has signed up will need to send me a profile.

What you need for your profile:

*Profile includes your real name & address (for shipment of the gift(s), an Amazon wish list, along with some information that'll be helpful in selecting a gift (if your Santa chooses not to use the Amazon wish list). Tell Santa about things you like, and also tell him things you definitely don't like (ex. "No alcohol please").*

Profile Template:

QuoteName
Address

Link to Amazon Wish List

List of things I like (send me gifts related to/like this!)

List of things I don't like (please don't send me this/things related to this!)

~ Once I've received all the profiles, I will random.org the list to match everyone up with a random person.  You will be the Secret Santa for whichever name you draw, while whoever draws your name will be your Santa!
~ I will distribute the names/profiles (ideally late November/early December).
~ It is up to you to chose/purchase/send a gift(s) to your recipient.
~ As in previous years we will have a $20-$30 (US dollars) spending limit on gifts. 
~ Once you've sent your gift, make a post in the thread letting everyone know (without spoiling the surprise of what it is, who you sent it to).
~ When you receive a gift from your Santa, post a pic of it so we all can see it!  At that point, your Santa can come forward and take credit!

I hope that answers all your questions.  If not, I would be happy to elaborate.

Knuckles

i love that we do this. extra props to u powers :)

The Refreshing drink....

Mike Powers

Mike Powers