Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaNK

Pirates of The Caribbean 2: Dead Mans Chest.

I didn't thoroughly enjoy this movie as much as part 1 or 3 maybe because thats because Barbossa has very small but movie worthy moment in this movie. I also hate Kiera Knightley in these movies.. I just really couldnt stand her. Decent movie.. not good not awesome not bad though.

Rebel Child

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

I've heard about this movie, been told to go and see it SEVERAL times over, and finally found it on one of my handy dandy websites.

I jumped on it as soon as I saw it on the list.

I knew some things going into it, but never once did I expect to see how it went.

I'm not good at reviewing movies however here's the quick and dirty.

Robert Downie Jr. and Val Kilmer equal win in this movie.  Happenstance crime, interesting twisting plots, and you'll never guess who did it until almost the very end, it's  agood mystery, suspense, and even comedy to boot.  There's definitely a lot of interesting byplay and words, and the simple fact is Kilmer being the man's man that he is, can pull off a normal gay guy without a problem, definitely not kamp.

I suggest this for pretty much ANYONE.

Shannon Skanes

I watched Killer Klowns From Outer Space with my kids a couple of nights ago. It was worth every cent of the five bucks I paid for it. Man, it was about Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I have seen it a dozen times over the last 20 years. It doesn't have a shock twist, and it knows it doesn't even need decent actors to make it great. Hell, why bother with a storyline or character development? Hunt humans with a balloon dog, turn them into cotton candy and fire popcorn at people.

I simply don't understand why the Oscars snubbed this movie so. It is just so perfect.

Zombie Gunn

I saw Brave Little Toaster this morning.

EXCELLENT movie.

Bryan

I saw Indecent Proposal for some reason on AMC late one night the other day. it was okay.

Rebel Child

Quote from: Shannon Skanes on July 13, 2008, 09:53:05 PM
I watched Killer Klowns From Outer Space with my kids a couple of nights ago. It was worth every cent of the five bucks I paid for it. Man, it was about Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I have seen it a dozen times over the last 20 years. It doesn't have a shock twist, and it knows it doesn't even need decent actors to make it great. Hell, why bother with a storyline or character development? Hunt humans with a balloon dog, turn them into cotton candy and fire popcorn at people.

I simply don't understand why the Oscars snubbed this movie so. It is just so perfect.

And they wonder why clowns are evil....

Killer Klowns....

IT

Krusty

It keeps goign on and on and on.

The Murph

Quote from: Jesse Gunn on July 13, 2008, 09:54:59 PM
I saw Brave Little Toaster this morning.

EXCELLENT movie.

I fucking love that movie lol. They made a sequel to it a cpl of years back. Brave Little Toaster goes to Mars or some shit like that.

The last movie I watched was The Little Mermaid.

It's a good movie. My daughter picked it out to watch and she loves it everytime she sees it. I also get reminded of it from when I was a kid. It's weird how you can watch it and it brings you back to when you were a little kid watching it. Great movie. And Ariel was like my first crush when I was a kid. I'd love to see the live action movie with Amy Adams (Enchanted) as Ariel. And the same little seashell bikini.

JaceGryphon

To be entirely honest, I'm going to try and not laugh while I write this one up.

The last movie I watched was actually called "Girls Just Want to Have Fun".  Yes, like that Cindy Lauper song.

It wasn't so much that I was watching it, as it was my wife was watching it while I sat here in front of my computer.

The short of it is, it was just another attempt by Hollywood in the 80's to recreate the "magic" of Grease or Dirty Dancing.

The long if it is, even when she was young, Sarah Jessica Parker still wasn't all that attractive.

Two words: Nose Job.

Excaligore

Think the last thing I saw was them showing the Simpsons movie on HBO.

Not genius, certainly had it's moments of shining brilliance, all and all decent.

JaceGryphon

The Rick

The last movie I saw at the cinema was The Incredible Hulk, and it absolutely pisses over the Ang Lee movie.

Lots of nods to the old TV show, as well as a good villain for Hulk to fight. If you haven't seen it and are worried it will be like the last one, no need to worry. It's nothing like it and a really good entertaining film.

Oh, and don't make me hungry... You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!

TaNK

Sin City

Best movie.. EVER!

Marv is my probably one of if not my favorite fictional characters. He made this movie for me and I can probably quote every line in the movie. Everything is absolutely amazing about this movie.

Dave Johnson

I am Legend

Thought it was great, but very weird, should have left us more information IMO. Had a very sad bit and let me tell you, it would SUCK being last guy on earth with those things.

All in all, I enjoyed, didn't understand until later on so if you go watch first 10 minutes and be very confused, watch it more and you will understand.

Duckman

Last movie I watched was Cloverfield on DVD.  I really enjoyed it.  I know it would've been better to see it in the cinema but still.  I felt it was a really well made movie, nice premise of the one group of people in this huge shit storm of crazy and of course the handheld stuff

The monster looked properly weird (which is good) and the basic plot was ok.  The moral of that story is, never go back for the bitch.

I was surprised by how short it was, but looking back it has just the right amount of punch and intensity.

A very decent movie and a great way to kill an hour.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tim-Æ