Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rivers

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

Seen this for the first time just the other day. It was a real disappointment. It had its funny moments but even then I never really laughed out loud. It’s a shame the most of the movie was a parody on Walk the Line. I had no idea going into the movie that it would parody walk the Line as much as it did. John C Riley is a great actor in my opinion, he can pull off serious and comedic roles very well. I just feel a parody movie is below him.

Split Second

Juno 8/10

Quirky, clever, good acting, nice plot, enjoyable. Not quite as good as Little Miss Sunshine, which some could compare it to. But all the same, a really fun film.

DaveGilly

Predator

Considering that this movie is 21 years old... I cant believe just how good it still is. It really does stand the test of time. A simple yet effective story... Lots of bangs and booms! A nice large portion of Big Arnold delivering some nice cheesy one liners ('Stick around' after sticking someone to a door with a large knife). Each and every character is awsome... Personal fave... Blain(Jesse Ventura)...

-A couple of Jesse Venturas A grade lines-
Blain: Son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick.
Poncho: You're bleeding, man.
Blain: I ain't got time to bleed.

Blain: Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

They just dont seem to make them like this anymore.

10/10

TaNK

Juno.

I ain't going to give a rating but to tell you the truth. I could not get into this movie and the female lead in the movie, well, she wasn't that good at all. I know itis critically acclaimed but I didn't like it. The drama wasnt good and it had one funny moment in it.

JaceGryphon

Quote from: Duckman on July 15, 2008, 02:09:55 PM
Last movie I watched was Cloverfield on DVD.  I really enjoyed it.  I know it would've been better to see it in the cinema but still.  I felt it was a really well made movie, nice premise of the one group of people in this huge shit storm of crazy and of course the handheld stuff

The monster looked properly weird (which is good) and the basic plot was ok.  The moral of that story is, never go back for the bitch.

I was surprised by how short it was, but looking back it has just the right amount of punch and intensity.

A very decent movie and a great way to kill an hour.

Peace

Duckman

Loved that movie.  Did you notice the splash in the VERY last scene?  Looking out at the ocean, before they turn the camera around on themselves?  If not, take another look, it's on the right side of the screen.  Hi-Def helps.  Can't wait for the sequel.

Duckman

I didn't, but you can bet your ass I'm going to check that tonight!

Nice one Jace!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

JaceGryphon

I wouldn't have noticed it if my friend hadn't pointed it out to me and then we hit rewind like five times...

Excaligore

After Hours-

A black comedy from the 80s directed by Martin Scorsese. I love absolutely everything about this film. Slow boiling dark humor. Sort of dryish. Not a lot of laugh out loud moments. But very funny in a more quiet subtle way. A genius unique story written in strange spirals and the auspiciously bizarrely tightly knit Soho universe.

Very clever witty film.

Five stars, baby, five stars!

TaNK

Shawshank Redemption.

I'm pretty sure all of you have seen this movie. It's a classic.

Kendell Smith

Wall-e

Went to see it at the cinema on Friday night. I'm not a big disney/cartoon fan except for the likes of southpark and family guy and I was one of these people who just never really got the hype behind Shrek but there was something about wall-e I just had to see it. I think it's because I loved short circuit when I was younger and it reminded me of that (no disassemble Stephanie!).  Anyway, the first 20 minutes are basically a silent movie, no real dialogue and it works great. The animation is unbelivable and at parts you'd almost forget you're watching a cartoon. It's basically a love story and it's lovely and heart warming. I haven't enjoyed a disney film like it since the Lion King. A great watch, you should all bring your kids to see it and if you don't have kids, go anyway and sit in the dark part of the cinema like I did so nobody thinks you're a weirdo.

Kenfucius

Sweeney Todd.

Y'know, I don't much like Musicals, and I've never been much of a Tim Burton fan either...

Which is why this movie is filed under Pleasant Surprises, I just found it extremely entertaining and fun.

Although, to this day, ever since I saw From Hell, I've wanted Johjnny Depp arrested for attempted murder of a London accent.

7/10

TaNK

Terror Toons 2

You have to be on LSD to watch this. Its not even a B Movie but I still found it weirdly and oddly enjoyable.

Duckman

Superbad.  One of the most laugh out loud hilarious films of our generation.

Just a riot from start to finish that puts you in SUCH a good mood after watching it.

One of my favourite movies of all time.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

JohnS.

Agree 100% with ya on Superbad Sam. Just watched that last night for the 100th time lol. Along with Superbad, I watched Meet The Spartans.

WORST. FUCKING. MOVIE. EVER.

Good day.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Carmen Elecktra still has it goin on. She totally made it worth while.