Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chunkylover

Dave Johnson

Sgt. Josh Underpants

The X Files- I Want to Believe.

As a huge X-Files fan I was glad to see them get the team back for one last kick and I loved the whole damn movie.  From the second I heard the whistle I was sucked back in to being a kid.  Gillian Anderson is still a babe and David Duchovny just fell right back into the role so well it was like the show had never gone away.  I can't wait for this to come out on DVD.

10/10
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

JessiB

The Dark Knight

it was AWESOME!

Heath Ledger = best actor

Duckman

The Incredibles.  For some reason I've never got round to watching this until last night.  Fanstastic movie.  A really good premise for a superhero movie.  Some really laugh out loud moments, some cool animation including some fantastic fights and action.  Plus it says a lot about family and fitting in.  I thought it was great, made me smile all the way through and I hope they make a sequel.

A+

Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer.  Not as bad as the first FF movie, but nothing special.  Jessica Alba is the worst actress I think I've ever seen in 'big' movies.  There was too much of her and rubber man and not enough Torch and The Thing in this one.  I liked the Surfer, but they needed more of him, plus more of the big monster thing at the end.  It seemed to end very quickly, without a decent fight against the monster.  I've seen better stunts and stuff in other movies.  It wasn't crap, but very, very average.

C-

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Exile

ouch you watched the incredibles and fantastic four back to back and F4 2 only got a C- ? I adore teh incredibles, my favorite pixar film those F4 films just really show how much they didnt get it

JaceGryphon

TaNK

Grizzly Man

Its a movie about the life and death of Timothy Treadwell who lived with Grizzlies. Dumbass but still a good movie. Its a documentary.

Excaligore

Quote from: TaNK on July 30, 2008, 04:10:13 AM
Grizzly Man

Its a movie about the life and death of Timothy Treadwell who lived with Grizzlies. Dumbass but still a good movie. Its a documentary.

I fucking loved that film. Watched it on discovery. I recommend everyone watches.

Albeit a bit of a side note, the film really is not a nature film. It's barely about the Grizzlies at all. It's more a documentary on human psychology and quite a brilliant one at that.

Dave Johnson

Brides Of Christ

Well its not a movie, but we watched the whole series through the week for school and it was okay, funny how the nun school failed miserably.

chunkylover

Mamma Mia.

Musical based on the songs of Abba, razor thin plotline, occasional cheap laugh, Pierce Brosnan can't sing of act. Typical feelgood musical film.

6/10

TheNthDegree

Dan in Real Life

I saw it in theaters and again last night on TV. I really enjoyed the movie both times. Funny, sad, REAL. Solid, down to earth acting...cept for Dane Cook but the only decent role he's had was in Mr Brooks and even then it was sometimes ... well I won't get into that. Not the *biggest* fan of Steve Carell since he left The Daily Show but this and Get Smart are totally awesome.
8/10

Excaligore

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Honestly one of the most intense movies I've ever seen.

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Excaligore on August 03, 2008, 05:58:14 PM
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Honestly one of the most intense movies I've ever seen.

I really want to see that. I think that's the one with Michael Rooker who has his moments.

TaNK

Dick Tracy

I havent seen this in like 15 yrs and I still enjoyed it. Its weird seeing William Forsythe as Flattop though. Colorful but it supposed to be campy in that sense.